Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 5:06:22 PM EDT
The RCA TV is broke, and awaiting the post AR-15 trauma induced afterlife.

So I need a new TV.  Daewoo's are pretty cheap, but are they any good?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:15:12 PM EDT
[#1]

Nice, but you can't get parts for them...Oh, that's the rifle, sorry.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes...and they take high-cap remotes.

Bradd
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:26:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I was looking for a cheap 13" tv years ago and bought a daewoo,I hate that thing. It is by far the worste tv in existance. I don't know if they have gotten any better since then, but it didn't take long to start having problems.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:31:59 PM EDT
[#4]
My TV is broken, so I'm also (half-heartedly) shopping.  I saw a 27" Apex for $200.  That's tempting.  tfod, that might be another really cheap brand to look at.  Any comments about Apex TV's?

I wish you could still by american-made TV's.  It wasn't that long ago that Quasar, Dumont, RCA, Admiril, GE, Zenith, etc. still did.  Anyone know of a model or brand that still is?z

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:34:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey, Waldo...who's the two bald midgets in your avatar?  [;)]

Bradd
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I had an old turn dial Sanyo that worked great, but had no remote, so I had to give it away.

a 27" tv for $200 dollars sounds like a sweet deal, but I wonder if it is a good brand too.

I am looking at a 20" Panasonic for $169.96 dollars at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:00:29 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought a 25 inch flat screen Daewoo from Sam's Club a year ago and haven't a problem with it yet.  It's got an excellent picture

Quoted:
The RCA TV is broke, and awaiting the post AR-15 trauma induced afterlife.

So I need a new TV.  Daewoo's are pretty cheap, but are they any good?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:20:43 PM EDT
[#8]
brother has a 27" apex he hasn't coplamined about it yet.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:45:37 PM EDT
[#9]
[B]I've been drinking so please bear with me. FUCK DAEWOO. IT'S MADE IN KOREA AND ANYONE WHO'S EVER BEEN TO THAT CESSPOOL OF A COUNTRY KNOWS HOW THEY BUILD STUFF. Oh it's tv? I still wouldn't buy it unless you "need" a TV now. They build everything like crap over there. We had LG tv/vcr when I was over there and they worked fine, but don't know if I'd buy one over here. [/B] Daewoo and LG make everything from TV, VCRs to rice makers and heavy equipment, and everything in between. They (LG) even sell gas! [/B]

Incidentally Daewoo is the largest shipyard in the world.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#10]
Shop around, you should be able to find a Sharp 27" TV for $200-230.  Sharps are great.  I have nothing but Sharp TVs in my house (13", 19", 27") and the old ones are 16 years old and still work fine.

No idea how Daewoo is but I saw that Target sells them.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:02:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I just snagged a Daewoo 25 inch Stereo TV about 2 months ago.  I was shopping for a 19 inch to replace my Sanyo that just died, and the Daewoo 25 was right smack dab in the price range of the other brand 19 inch stereo units so I figured what the heck.  Comparing in the store it had a better picture than the other 25 incher that was close enough in price to consider (don't remember the brand).  It has been really nice so far.  It is alot nicer than the Sanyo 19" I had, lot better picture and the Sanyo didn't have composite/stereo input...  

I got it Best Buy for right around $160ish I think, can't remember exactly.  

I'll never buy one of their cars, but I'll take a Daewoo assault rifle to go along with my TV, lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top