Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2002 2:34:28 PM EDT
Remember Pvt. Blithe- the one that picked that flower of the dead German he shot in Part 3, the Carentan Episode, and later was shot in the neck scouting out the farmhouse? At the end of the tape it told that he never recovered from wound, and died in 1948. I was wondering, for those who have read the book, if they gave any further details of how he died. It bummed me out knowing he went through all that shit, only to die four years after the fact.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I _think_ he died from complications of the orginal injury, but I can't be sure.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Mach,

I noticed this too, but I think the date they said was 1946... it's just fuzzy enough to think it says 1948.  I COULD be wrong about it.  

I would suspect that in addition to some severe psychological shock, a complication from his wound may have been something like a blood clot causing a stroke...  Who knows?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top