Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 12:48:56 PM EDT
I usually carry some sort of concealed handgun, but there are extended periods (business travel, vacation, etc.) that I do not.

I have noticed that during times when I have been carrying regularly, when I am asleep and dreaming I usually have an awareness that I am carrying (in the dream).  Similarly, during an extended period of time when I have not been carrying, I have an awareness in my dreams that I do not have a handgun.

This seems pretty logical to me, but I am curious if anyone else has experienced something similar.

Best regards,

JAW
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:03:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a dream that someone was stealing my guns, but then I woke up and realized it was a dream, and if it wasnt i would have pulled out my .357 and shot them.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:08:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:16:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Every time I have a dream where I have my handgun, the damn thing always malfunctions.  Either the trigger is too heavy, the gun is hard to hold on to or the rounds don't hit what I'm aiming at.  Very frustrating!

USPC40

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 8:51:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Some of my dreams have similar aspects to what USPC40 describes.

When this occurs usually the gun malfunctions, but sometimes it fires but the rounds don't have their intended effect.

JAW
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 9:19:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Wow.

That's freaky.

Not because it's strange, but because I have the same dreams as USPc 40 (ironically, I carry that.  LOL) and JAW

Its like I draw, know I'm in the clear to use lethal force, but then, nothing happens... the trigger feels like a 50# spring, and when I finally get the rounds off, they hit, but nothing happens.

Unnerving.  [:\]

E.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:31:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Some of my dreams have similar aspects to what USPC40 describes.

When this occurs usually the gun malfunctions, but sometimes it fires but the rounds don't have their intended effect.

JAW
View Quote

Same dream with the addition of only having the incorrect caliber on hand.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Every time I have a dream where I have my handgun, the damn thing always malfunctions.  Either the trigger is too heavy, the gun is hard to hold on to or the rounds don't hit what I'm aiming at.  Very frustrating!

USPC40

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/url]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[url]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/url]
View Quote

I had a similar dream to that.  I was in the middle of a WW2 battle (too much Band of Brothers I guess) and I was firing my Garand at the enemies about 100 yards away. All of a sudden, the trigger pull became 20-30 pounds.  Everytime I tried to fire the weapon, my aim would be off by the time I hit the break weight.  Pissed me off to no end, then I woke up, and was still pissed off about it.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#8]
The only dreams that I remember when I wake up involve me and two (minimum) silicon-implanted blonds... and I'm never wearing enough clothes to conceal a shooter [:D]
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:14:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I dream that I am awake and trying to fall asleep.

Did I post this? or is it just a dream?
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#10]
I've had similar dreams to USP40C. I don't usually remember my dreams, but I did remember one where I was trying to shoot, but the trigger pull was very heavy and it seemed to go back in slow motion. I have a vague impression of not hitting what I was aiming at, but I don't remember what I was shooting at or why.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 11:54:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I carry every day, but my dreams usually center around a Delta Delta Delta house, whip cream, a swing, handcuffs...
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 12:40:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Sometimes I dream that some BG is coming this way, and my gun won't fire for some reason.  The trigger is too heavy, the ammo is bad, the firing pin is gone, I put the mag in backwards, etc...

I do get shot in dreams sometimes.  It feels like ice cubes sticking to my skin.  Weird.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:04:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Guys,

Thanks for sharing your experiences.  Funny how much in common some of us have - at many levels.

JAW
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:06:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:44:17 AM EDT
[#15]
There was a previous thread about guns and dreams.  A point was made that in a dream state, your mind has a hard time dealing with fine details and mechanisms.  So, machines don't usually work the way they are supposed to.  I don't know if there is any scientific proof of that, but it seems to be true for me.

USPC40

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Link Posted: 12/31/2002 3:55:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Most of my similiar (being "handicapped" in some way) dreams involve fistfights and such. Either my arms feel like they are 100lbs each when I swing at my enemy or when I move or run my legs will barely move.

That is very frustrating while dreaming.

My wife is always joking about the SHTF/EOTWAWKI/Being chased by feds dreams I have too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top