Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2002 11:22:34 AM EDT
Sound strange?  Well, my next door neighbor told me this story Christmas Eve...and I thought it interesting enough on several fronts to share with my fellow ARCOMers.  

My neighbor happens to be a S/A of the FBI.  He is in his mid-thirties.  One day a few weeks ago, he was in DC near FBI HQ walking from his car to his office.  As usual, when walking in the District, his antennae were up and vibrating.  As he crossed the street, he suddenly noticed three young black men, one on each side of the street several yards away and one on a bike in the middle of the street at about the same distance, blocking his path.  He immediately recognized a possible threat and went on the alert.  The reality of the threat was fully brought home when the man in the middle of the street raised his arms in front of himself, palms up and made the "bring it on" gesture.

At this point, sensing he was about to be assaulted, my neighbor lifted his suit jacket to exhibit his badge with one hand, drew his 10mm Smith from its holster and identified himself as an FBI agent.  Seeing themselved suddenly at a severe disadvantage, the three young black men immediately fled in three different directions, whereupon my neighbor continued on into work and reported the incident to the Metro DC police.

Points to ponder...

-What if he had NOT been an LEO?

-Washington DC bans guns

-Only criminals and politicians have guns in DC (Aren't they one and the same? [;D]).

-Interesting threesome badguy tactics for you our there that do carry.  Don't just focus on the guy in the middle.

-Watch out for weapons.  My neighbor didn't report any...but he thinks they had blades or something else they could hide easily.

-How can DC continue to legally ban firearms?

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:27:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 11:27:16 AM EDT
[#2]
If he wasn't a LEO he would probably be dead right now. DC bans guns but still has one of the largest murder rates in the nation. DC can't legally ban guns as the Constitution (the SUPREME law of the land) gurantees the RKBA. I live and work in the DC area (Uncle Sam's choice, not mine) and I feel naked w/out my CCW. Open season on law abiding citizens in DC & Maryland.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:16:49 PM EDT
[#3]
I live in Viriginia, and I am hesitant to go to the District for that very reason.  They are all worried about statehood--I say give them back to Maryland--when they should be worried about the denial of one of their civil rights.  Not voting for a senator, won't get you killed, but not having the means to defend yourself might.

The first thing they need to do is get a new DC delegate.  The current one just spews ridiculous comments.  Suddenly after President Bush took office, according to her, the Secret Service was overly worried about his safety and Pennsylvania Avenue should be opened to traffic.  Where was she when it was closed for security reasons when Clinton was in office?  She brings this topic up again every few months.  Then at the time of the anthrax threat, she was on TV ranting about how there was no anthrax threat and how Dennis Hastert was just trying to hurt the District's tourism, etc., after he decided that the House buildings should be closed.  She shut her hole when they found anthrax there.  Of course the media, didn't go back and ask her to comment or apologize to him.  But then she is a Dem and not a Republican.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
They will be able to continue the ban on firearms until a law is passed that undoes the ban, or until someone challenges the constitutionality of it in court and wins.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:29:03 PM EDT
[#6]
D.C. is a lost cause.  Whenever you think it can’t get any worse, it does.

The only solution is to stay out of it.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately some of us work in DC.  

What time of day was this almost attack?  FBI HQ is in an area which has a lot of people traffic during the day.  I'm never in DC after night because that is when the boogie men come out. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:58:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Unfortunately some of us work in DC.  

What time of day was this almost attack?  FBI HQ is in an area which has a lot of people traffic during the day.  I'm never in DC after night because that is when the boogie men come out. [;)]
View Quote

You know...I can't remember what time of day it was.  When he related the story on Christmas Eve, we were all filled with dinner and wine.  IF my memory serves me...I THINK he said it was in the morning.  Broad daylight.  Go figure...brazen hoods.

Boy...what I'd have given to see the look on those dudes faces when he showed his shield and drew his 10mm.  [shock]

And no...he doesn't really like working in the District either.  I have to go to the Navy yard occasionally from Crystal City...but I feel totally naked when I do because I go light.  A couple of weeks ago I and a work associate were accosted twice in as many minutes by drunken, doped up street bums as we walked from 300M street to catch the shuttle back to the world.  Fortunately for us both of the bums were peaceful and unarmed.  Pushy and loud...but peaceful.  Now...consider if it had been one of the fellows on the other side of 300 M street dealing...you know...the ones the Metro PD is always running off.  I really hate that place.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top