Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/26/2014 2:42:49 AM EDT
Bumping for last minute ballots: get those ballots in NOW! Time is running out..... Get them in the mail today.

Older posts:

And so it comes to a vote:

Voting NRA members and anyone willing to stand up for your 2nd Amendment rights.

The 2015 vote for the NRA Board of Directors is about a month away. The ballots will come in your February NRA magazine or by way of mail if you get an electronic magazine, if you are a voting member (5 years unbroken/ Life member or higher).

Two Arcomers are on the ballot and I encourage you all to please examine our biographies on the ballot and consider us to serve as your directors. I do not speak on behave of this site, it's official endorecments or Modern Musket: Joseph DeBergalis who is also running (although we did meet at the Sept. NRA board meeting).

Please dig in, do your research and vote for the NRA you want.  Please select Timothy Knight among your preferred candidates. You do not need to vote for all 25 board of director seats. In fact, fewer votes on the ballot will increase your preferred candidates chances of election. Many are deserving, but you get to choose who represents you.

I am adding a few last things to the website before the vote, but you can learn more about me here: http://www.knight4nra.com

For those who are not voting members or not even members I am alway open to input. The 2nd Amendment belongs to all of us. We either stand together as a Republic or we fall apart ...

Original post

So it begins ……

After all our history with the Colorado recalls, it seems fitting to announce here on ARFCom that I will be running for a seat on the NRA Board of Directors next year.  To get on the ballot for 2015, I need to collect signatures from 250 NRA voting members by October *2014* but cannot begin collecting them until after the NRA annual meetings, meeting of the members, in Indianapolis on April 26th.  In case you're wondering, a "voting member" is anyone's who's been a member for more than 5 consecutive years or a Life Member (or higher). Voting members can sign the petition now (as of evening April 26th, 2014 online) and cast their vote when they receive their ballot in early 2015

The nomination form can be found at www.knight4nra.com and it will be available for download on the evening of April 26th. The site will go live on Saturday April 26th at about noon.  If you're willing to support my candidacy, please print the form (legal size, horizontal orientation – NRA rule), fill it out and mail it to me, NOT the NRA (address is on the website).

Elmer Davis said it brilliantly: "This republic was not established by cowards; and cowards will not preserve it."  Guys (and ladies), the time for merely holding our ground has passed - it's now time to start taking it back.  It's not enough to just have a photo op beneath a "Stand and Fight" banner, we need to actually *STAND AND FIGHT*.    

Many of you know me and what I've done for our rights as "just a citizen".  For those of you that don't, though, please visit my website - www.knight4nra.com - to learn more about me, where I stand on the 2nd Amendment and why I want to serve the five-plus million NRA members (and, by collateral, even those of you who aren't exactly our fans).  I'll also include "the resume" below, if you don't feel like clicking.

Again, if you know me, you know I don't like the limelight and starting all these paragraphs with "I" makes me uncomfortable.  But "I" believe I have a real opportunity to take the fight to the enemy and push back on our behalf.  So I guess comfort be damned.

I was the architect of the statewide grassroots Colorado Recall movement in 2013 and founder of the Colorado Recall movement.  Another ARFCommer and I had the first conversation (fellow founder), a few days later we were off and running and I ended up being involved in some form with four of the five recalls in Colorado.  (Seeing myself referred to as "the Godfather of the Recalls" in print still makes me laugh.)

I was the President of the Basic Freedom Defense Fund (recalling Colorado Senate President John Morse) and established a legal umbrella with my Board that later allowed us to offer a joint defense agreement to Pueblo Freedom and Rights (recalling Senator Angela Giron).  This kept both successful recalls legal and clear through several court challenges and put us in a position to negotiate with the NRA, NSSF and others to support the recalls and what roles each would and could play.

I was the founding President of the Colorado 2nd Amendment Association and currently retain a seat on the Board of Directors of this growing pro-rights organization.

I have been a small business owner for 12 years and a Boy Scouts of America District leader (District Commissioner in two different district) for 5 years.

I'm a multiple graduate of Thunder Ranch and Gunsite, have been a CCW practitioner since 1999 and am an NFA/class 3 owner (too expensive!!!).

I am proud holder of the following awards and certifications:

- Eagle Scout and Vigil Honor Class of 1988

- Four time Philmont Training Center attendance – BSA National Leader Training Center

- Wood Badge (Leadership Training) – Class SR-985 - Ticket completed

- Leave No Trace: Master Educator

- William T. Hornaday Gold Badge for Excellent in conservation education

- The Saint George Award of the Episcopal Church

I am currently being considered as a candidate for the Colorado Mounted Rangers (auxiliary state law enforcement branch) and can claim membership in the following pro-rights and hunting groups:

- NRA - Benefactor Life

- NRA - The Ring of Freedom - Loyalty Fund - Charter Member

- NRA Whittington Center – Sustaining Life Member:  Pioneer Member

- Colorado 2nd Amendment Association - Founding Member #1

- AR15.com - Life Member - class of 2008

- Buckeye Firearms Association - Defender

- Texas State Rifle Association - Life Defender Member

- Georgia Gun Owners - Life Member

- Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms - Patron Member

- Second Amendment Foundation - Committee of One Thousand

- Second Amendment Sisters - Associate Life Member

- Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership (JPFO) - Life Member

- Gun Owners of America - Life Member

- Law Enforcement Alliance of America - Life Member

- California Rifle and Pistol Association - Life Member

- Gun Owners of South Carolina - Life Member

- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation - Life Member

- Ducks Unlimited

- Wild Sheep Foundation – Life Member

In short, I don't just talk the talk and I hope I can count on you to help me "walk" a whole lot farther than I already have.

Please visit my website (www.knight4NRa.com) on April 26th or later, look around and be sure to visit the Q & A page, most of your questions will be answered there. If you have others you are welcome to “IM” me.

I am at the NRA annual meeting in Indianapolis and I hope to be able to meet more than a few fellow ARFcommers. Look for me in the Free Colorado hockey jersey. I think I owe more than a few of you handshakes anyway.

ARFcommer’s ALL. SCdonttreadonme (2nd from the left, make that right. That gift again ). The team (minus two) in the picture might chime in.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:47:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Sub'd and in when the option opens up
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:53:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Thank you sir
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:00:33 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to be more eloquent later (I have a motorcycle class to attend in 6 hours and really should be sleeping) but Tim has my full support, and should have yours too.

I served on the Board of the BFDF with Tim last year (I'm the guy with the beard in the picture above) and know that he gets stuff done.  I have no doubt he will make a great member of the board for the NRA.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:22:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice!  I very much hope you are successful.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:22:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

same here
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 3:51:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:58:01 AM EDT
[#7]
You know you have my support, brother.

Tim is a good man and the Colorado recalls would not have been successful without him. He will be an excellent addition to the NRA board.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:00:09 AM EDT
[#8]

I R Marine I R Bad At readin
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:23:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm not much of a wordsmith, I'll leave that to Keith.

I don't have many personal friends. The main reason is that I really don't like people, and am suspicious of everyone I meet.

Tim is a close personal friend of mine, and I trust him 100% to do the right thing 100% of the time.

Good luck, Tim.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:36:54 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:25:55 AM EDT
[#12]
I consider Tim to be a friend and I support him.

He's actually gotten shit done
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Pretty sure you are second from the right, but you got my vote either way.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 11:32:52 AM EDT
[#14]
You have my support!
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 5:56:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#16]
You have my support. Good luck Tim.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:17:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:21:31 PM EDT
[#18]
You got my vote, when are the forms submitted ?
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Big thumbs up from me.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Is there an age limit on signing the petition form?  I ask because my three children are all LMs but are young.

Regardless, you have my vote and support and my wife's (also a LM) as well.  And sincere prayers for your success in this effort.

View Quote

To be a voting member you must be
- life or 5+ consecutive years member
- 18+ yrs old
- US citizen
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:07:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Cross-posted on some oklahoma forums
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 7:15:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Tag.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:53:12 PM EDT
[#24]

link to the petition is on this page.

Link Posted: 4/26/2014 10:56:22 PM EDT
[#25]
I haven't been a member for 5+, but I'll pass this on to family and lifer friends.

Get some
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:14:47 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
       http://tim-knight-3khw.squarespace.com/

link to the petition is on this page.

View Quote

And it says you have to print the form on LEGAL size paper (which I naturally don't have.)  Anyway, I'll pick some up tomorrow or Monday.  Can't steal any from work, since I work from home....  
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:49:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Lifer - tagging for morning
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:39:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Sorry about the legal size BS, NRA rule. I know you all don't have reams of legal paper and I just ripped 100 off the printer so
IM me with an address and I will gladly mail ya two sheet per or what ever you request (15 signatures per sheet) with a return and stamped envelope.

If you have one nomination, not a problem. Still very glad to send.

Thank you all for the support, very humbling.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 3:51:32 AM EDT
[#29]
I'm a life member, and you got my vote.

ETA: crap, I don't have any 8.5x14 (legal size) paper.  I'll print it out at work and get it mailed off in a few days.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Sorry about the legal size BS, NRA rule. I know you all don't have reams of legal paper and I just ripped 100 off the printer so

IM me with an address and I will gladly mail ya two sheet per or what ever you request (15 signatures per sheet) with a return and stamped envelope.

If you have one nomination, not a problem. Still very glad to send.

Thank you all for the support, very humbling.
View Quote
If anyone else needs paper, they can IM me and I will send them paper. I have tons of it. I mean tons.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:04:51 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just one question

Why are you seeking the petition route?
View Quote

Not familiar with the NRA, are you bro?

Good luck, Tim.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 9:53:38 AM EDT
[#33]
IM sent
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:27:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Just one question

View Quote

His choices are to get nominated by petition or by the nominating commission.  The nominating commission is selected by current board members and is made up of current board members.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

His choices are to get nominated by petition or by the nominating commission.  The nominating commission is selected by current board members and is made up of current board members.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just one question

Valid question. I did a Q & A on my website and this is one of the questions I thought might be asked often.

From my site:

WHY ARE YOU SEEKING A PETITION OF THE MEMBERS RATHER THAN THE APPROVAL OF THE NOMINATING COMMITTEE FOR THE 2015 BALLOT?

I believe that the members of the National Rifle Association are the most important part of the Association and I will always seek their approval by way of a member nomination while serving on the Board.  Rarely do people who only seek such “nomination from the members” gain a Board seat but I never take the easy way out and NRA members deserve that degree of respect if I am asking them for support.  They have already seen my efforts (please read my bio) and I hope that I can earn both their nomination and later their vote on the 2015 ballot.

As for the NRA nominating committee, I would consider it an honor to have proven myself to our current Board members but I have not yet had the opportunity to work with many of them and so I have not sought the committee’s recommendation.  Though I would gladly welcome their individual support, they are limited to recommending twenty-five people and I believe I am unlikely draw approval away from an established board member.

Being effective in justifying my message and gaining member nomination will be hard work but worth doing.  I would be humbled and honored to serve and would do so tirelessly - our Republic deserves nothing less.  I hope both the NRA's members and leadership can see the strength of my work for the Second Amendment and envision the success I can bring our Association as a ceaseless and effective proponent.

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:27:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Found some Legal paper in a rarely used drawer, sweet!

I've got a local rifle league I shoot with on Fridays, and I'll bring the petition there too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:28:22 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
What's important to remember is now you are taking a chance at unseating a member who does us good

View Quote

And just as much as someone [cough]Joaquin Jackson[/cough] who is a jackass.  I looked but couldn't find whose terms are up in 2015.....
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:33:17 PM EDT
[#39]
tag to read later.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:46:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I want a fighter.   I want Hughes amendment repealed.   I want suppressors to be cheap,  and easily available.   I am tired of 'compromise'.

If these are the things you seek,  then you will have my signature and vote,  as well as the six other life  members of this house.

PS- I f'ing HATE Joaquin Jackson. Get rid of the Fudds and compromisers
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:50:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:51:39 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:58:04 PM EDT
[#43]
This life member in!
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 4:58:15 PM EDT
[#44]
I served on the board of BFDF with Tim. I wouldn't be exaggerating if I said that the recalls wouldn't have happened without him. He's the kind of guy who really cares about gun rights and puts his money where his mouth is. He's the perfect candidate for the NRA board.

He's got my vote.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I know how the process works

What's important to remember is now you are taking a chance at unseating a member who does us good

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just one question

I know how the process works

Tim would do better for us than anyone on the board currently, I can guarantee that.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 5:47:21 PM EDT
[#46]
In!

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#47]
OK, time for my more eloquent post on why I am standing with Tim in his run for the NRA Board.

Tim is a close personal friend of mine.  We met last year, shortly after I moved to Colorado.  As some of you may remember (), our esteemed representatives rammed through some east coast style gun control in the face of overwhelming public opposition.  That didn't sit right with us, and so we got involved.  A few short nights after those votes passed, many of us got on a conference call together and began planning what would eventually become the Colorado recalls.  Tim was there on that first call -- in fact, that first call wouldn't have happened without Tim.

That night set in motion a task that would consume the next 8 months of our lives, finally culminating in victory over State Senate President John Morse and Mayor Bloomberg's money.

Over those 8 months, Tim was arguably the most important person involved.  He made connections that helped us move the recalls along.  He poured his heart and soul into what we did.  Much like our fellow board member forgebench said above, without Tim, the recalls wouldn't have happened.  His drive, his tenacity, his overwhelming belief in our 2nd Amendment rights kept us all grounded when we got frustrated, in the darkest days of the recalls.

Tim will bring that tenacity and drive to the NRA, which is something that it desperately needs.  Trust me when I say that he isn't a fair-weather 2A supporter.
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:39:11 PM EDT
[#48]

Not a voting member of the NRA (yet), but I appreciate and applaud everything you have done for gun rights in Colorado.

Keep it up!

Link Posted: 4/27/2014 10:40:02 PM EDT
[#49]
I am  life member and in just email me what you need and when
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 11:30:23 PM EDT
[#50]
Despite expectations of eloquence, I'm tired, I'm finally succumbing to the cold I held off while in Indianapolis and I'm just generally cranky.  So here goes blunt honesty instead:

Tim was a financially successful businessman with plans to launch a new venture in Colorado. He was courted by the local Republicans and could easily have pursued a shoe-in career in local politics.  He had a wife and a young son who loved and needed him.  After the 2013 assault on our rights, when just about every other big-talking sonofabitch in the state sat on their thumbs looking perplexed and hurt, Tim had a conversation with James about recall and then he ran with it.  

That's great "inside cover text".  Now here's what that means in practical terms.

His family did without him entirely for days if not weeks on end because he lives in the southwest corner of our state, on the other side of the Rockies, and he drove six to eight hours each direction on a regular basis because he needed to look people in the eye when rallying support, meeting legislators and securing allies.  He didn't bitch about it, he just did it.  After doing that for 9 months, though, he nearly fucking died (Tim, apologies if this embarrasses you).  His body pretty much shut down.  His back was on its way to being wrecked, his kidneys had just about failed.  He had several surgeries and was in the hospital for a month after our victory party.  So while the local "defenders of liberty" were falling over each other to take credit for the recalls, Tim was a little busy trying not to die from exhaustion.

The business he was going to start to provide for his family and employ fellow Coloradans?  Yeah, that didn't happen because he was too fucking busy pushing back for our rights.  The bankroll he started with?  Buh-bye.  He personally put a six-digit sum into the fight on top of what ARFCom and others donated to keep the recall movement afloat and legally defended.  His potential political career in Colorado?  Yeah, right.  That bridge was not only burned, it was vaporized because he told the Republicans that they were gutless, honorless bastards and that doing their job for them was more important to him than being their vassal.

He didn't care about credit.  He shied away from the cameras and media until after the recalls succeeded.  He worked with people he knew hated him and talked shit behind his back and he did it with tact, diplomacy and a goofy smile because all that mattered was doing the right thing and delivering a win for personal liberty when the whole fucking country needed one.  

So I think about what I know and I imagine him sitting on the board of a national group with five million members.  I picture what he might be able to accomplish in terms of reclaiming lost ground and inspiring people to get up and act, even if they need to do it on their own time and own dime.  I've said it before in other threads and this is a perfect place to say it again.  The NRA is powerful but slow and lumbering.  It needs new leadership that is more nimble and, frankly, more fucking pissed off and driven.  We need people like Tim to lead an offense and not just do reactionary damage control.  He's got my vote, he's got my wife's vote and we're reaching out to every voting member when know to secure theirs as well.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top