Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2002 12:13:17 AM EDT
After reading here about the morons over there, this is the first post I happened to read. Needless to say, I am absolutely speechless with amazement. This is an excerpt from an actual post at *you guessed it* the DU..........
I'm amazed at how many antis endorse the notion that the military forces should be allowed to keep their small arms.
View Quote
This has to be a joke, right? [b]Nobody[/b] can be this stupid; it isn't biologically possible, is it?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:14:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#2]
http://www.democraticunderground.com/duforum/DCForumID32/1478.html#16

I don't know what else this idiot had to say; that was the first sentence I read, and I really couldn't believe it. I wouldn't hotlink to that site if my life depended on it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:22:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:28:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
HAHAHA!  That's one of our boys! [:D]
View Quote
Is it, for real? I guess I shoulda suspected, as dumb as that was..........
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:30:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:41:24 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]Jiffypop (1 posts)      
Dec-28-02, 07:14 PM (ET)  
129. Guns
Hi, I may be new here (I recently heard about your site from a friend and have been dying to visit it) but I won't pussyfoot around.
I honestly believe guns have no business in the hands of anyone other than uniformed military personnel. No one. There is no reason for it.

Take the guns away from everybody else. They are bad news and are for killing, nothing else. The military is the only organization that exists for killing people and guns in their hands would be appropriate.

If you have a gun, your motive is probably to harm or kill someone. Period.

I'm sorry, but I feel very strongly on this issue.[/b]

Isn't it sad?  We want to engage them so badly we're willing to say stuff like this?  (Another Arfkommer incognito).
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:46:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:03:32 AM EDT
[#8]
heh heh

When emotions take the place of logic, it's sometimes best to fight your battles using your enemies own best case scenario.  Just take it to the extreme and they'll be lost.

I like it.  Only some of the morons would agree with it.  The rest of the morons will begin to see things a little differently.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:27:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Just came back from there, man the boys are throwing some heavy stuff at the small minded DU people, a few of are starting to get a light, it might be dim but it is a light.

If you try to over load them it will blow the bulb.

Good going guy's!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:29:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The problem is, they don't like debates.  They ban.
We want them to come out and stand up tall in a factual discussion.  They can't and they know it, thus they appeal to emotions of oversensitive people.  Then we get frustrated because they are still shoving their long discredited bullshit around, and people actually believe it.
No matter what, we have the upper hand, and always will against the "peace at any cost" hippies.  We have truth and fact on our side, and we got the guns.
It's merely the government agencies - transformed into tools of an agenda by legislation that sneaks by - that we have to watch out for.
View Quote

If what you say is true(which I believe it is)then why should anyone waste their time posting at DU? Some seem to be obsessed with that site when all I can see is a waste of time if you post there. It often seems to border on childishness. Am I missing something here?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:32:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Because lies uncontested are perceived as the truth.  
View Quote

True but beating your head against a wall just gets you a sore head and the wall changes little if at all.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:46:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:54:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Reasonable people go to DU looking for an HQ on the web.  If they see people making an effort to counter the lies from the liberals, how easily do you think they will be to believe what the liberals say?
View Quote

Well, good luck. If you convert anyone I guess it would be worth the time but many who go there seem to just want to be disruptive and annoying which can only be counter-productive.
To each his own and thanks for your opinions.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 1:56:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:06:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
hehe don't be so quick to blow off the idea.
Several AR15.com'ers showed DU to their fencesitting friends, and the sight of who the Democrats truly are convinced the fencesitters to vote Republican.
View Quote

You might be surprised to know that not all people that are commonly labeled as "liberals" are anti-gun. In fact, I personally know of two in my hometown. As for myself, I don't really care much for labels(less and less as I get older) as they are too often used as broad brushes that seldom really say how a person thinks on either the right or left. Labels are handy to keep people divided, though.
As for the Republicans, I often see their positions on gun control as "talk the talk" but not "walk the walk."
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:10:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I know.
View Quote

Thanks, have a good morning!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 2:32:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:17:39 AM EDT
[#20]
[b]HOLY SH*T[/b], how stupid can you get?
View Quote

Don't ask that question, the answer will scare everybody.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:16:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:27:57 AM EDT
[#22]
OK guys, I have read enough about DU.  I'm goin in!  Look for some type of username that resembles Balming.

McBalming
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:36:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:38:59 AM EDT
[#24]
The poor FOOL is a little shell shy.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#25]
Check out michaelmoore.com Some seriously FAR left wing nuts over there. I was talking about posting there once and a LT said "you know, you just wasted all that time...you'll never change their mind". To which I replied, yes I know, I'll never change their mind, but to the person who's looking on trying to make up [i]their[/i] mind is the one I'm concerned about. I don't expect to change anyone's mind 180 degrees but I just might get through to someone that there's two sides to every story, and that emotions are nice, but facts are better.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:12:13 AM EDT
[#26]
BTW WTF is a "freeper"? And while I'm asking ?'s what the hell does AWOB mean?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
BTW WTF is a "freeper"?

Someone who posts and lurks here:
[url]www.freerepublic.com[/url]

They are good people.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:01:44 AM EDT
[#28]
Cool, thanks. Now what's AWOB again? Do you have to be a gold member before it's revealed to you?
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:37:43 AM EDT
[#29]
What gets me is these people that are screaming for a database registering firearms which are currently legal, but do not want databases registering people or things that are currently illegal.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 8:45:17 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
What gets me is these people that are screaming for a database registering firearms which are currently legal, but do not want databases registering people or things that are currently illegal.
View Quote

You know I could care less who has what. Honestly. You have a gun? Whoopty shit I've got one too. Oh you don't have a gun? Well I got enough for you to have one (But you're not getting it!). I also think that it BS for a felon* NOT to be able to have a firearm, after they've served their time. If they served their time their debt to society has been repaid.

EXCLUDING certain violent felons. In some areas driving with a suspended liscense is a felony. Do you think that you should loose your right to vote and own a firearm over that?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top