Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/24/2014 4:01:58 PM EDT
Moved into this house in 2003.  Been getting this fucking guy's mail ever since.  I have returned his and his wife's damned mail for the last 11 years, with RETURN TO SENDER and NOT AT THIS ADDRESS SINCE 2003 on it.  I'm fucking tired of it.  Even wrote on inside of mailbox that (his name) DOES NOT LIVE HERE.

At what point would the good citizenry of Arfcom just throw it out with the junk mail?

(And for the record, this ass fucked me on multiple aspects of the property sale that have cost us thousands and are still current issues of frustration and monetary fuckery)...
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:07:06 PM EDT
[#1]
so, you've been messing with this for 11 years?

and now, ARFCOM is supposed to tell you what to do about it?

SERIOUSLY.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#2]
X out his address in red,

Next to it, write in big bold letters "DECEASED"

Drop off in Post Office box.

Worked for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:14:50 PM EDT
[#3]
OP needs some good prank ideas....

eta My brother and SIL moved to NM just a few months after I did. I let them use my PO box for a few months, till they got into a home. Then I quit using the PO box and now use a cluster box.

I'm stil getting mail for them! And  they swear they never gave anyone my cluster box addy!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
After 6 months would have trashed it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you kidding me 11 years!  I get mail for old owners who now live directly across the street from me and I don't bother giving it to them unless it is REALLY important. Everything else goes in the recycle bin, oops.  REI $250 reward check yep, in the recycle.  If MFers want their mail they can change their damn address.....IMHO
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

SERIOUSLY.  
View Quote

This will be interesting.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Been getting the previous homeowners mil for the last eight years nd been recycling it just as long too
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:24:13 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Moved into this house in 2003.  Been getting this fucking guy's mail ever since.  I have returned his and his wife's damned mail for the last 11 years, with RETURN TO SENDER and NOT AT THIS ADDRESS SINCE 2003 on it.  I'm fucking tired of it.  Even wrote on inside of mailbox that (his name) DOES NOT LIVE HERE.

At what point would the good citizenry of Arfcom just throw it out with the junk mail?

(And for the record, this ass fucked me on multiple aspects of the property sale that have cost us thousands and are still current issues of frustration and monetary fuckery)...
View Quote
How could he do that?

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:28:50 PM EDT
[#9]
No mail over here, but:

We used to get calls periodically from bill collectors looking for the person who apparently had the number before us.  This went on for a couple of years.  We finally changed the number, and those calls stopped.  However, we started getting calls on the new line from bill collectors looking for an entirely different person.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:29:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

10 years and 10 months ago.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Are you kidding me 11 years!  I get mail for old owners who now live directly across the street from me and I don't bother giving it to them unless it is REALLY important. Everything else goes in the recycle bin, oops.  REI $250 reward check yep, in the recycle.  If MFers want their mail they can change their damn address.....IMHO
View Quote

Wow, mighty neighborly of you to not walk ACROSS THE STREET and put it in their mailbox.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:41:18 PM EDT
[#12]
People who lived in the town house we're in muct owe money to everyone under the sun. They are obviously still using this address to continue their fraud. I've been throwing it away from several months now. I'll have to try the deceased thing. Wonder what AT&T wireless will do to them. Hmmm...this could be fun.

ETA: I added an ip phone to my internet service recently. I've been having a lot of fun answering the calls that come in since I only use it to call out on and no one has the number. Whoever had it gets calls from all over the place. Some of the people who call are really pissed off at the guy who had the number before me. For some reason me laughing hysterically at their rants really set them off. My wife is spoiling the fun by coming into the office and hanging up the phone. Boy are they pissed when they call back..."You hung up on me you...which is when I start laughing again.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Worked for me.
View Quote

Did not work for me.   Previous owner of my home died in Germany.  Was U.S. military. Drank himself into a coma and that was it.   I know this to be true because I had his death certificate .

His wife was military and basically vanished when she got out.

Just recently stopped getting his mail.  Took almost 20 years.

Sent most of the mail to his mother.

gd
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#14]
FPNI

Again........
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

SERIOUSLY.  
View Quote

What was your last screen name?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#16]
After about a month it'd be starting my camp fires.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:55:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Worked for me.
View Quote

Not for me. Continued to receive mail addressed to "Mr. Former Tenant - DECEASED".

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#18]
The majority of it is likely junk and solicitations.  Toss it dude.

The mailmen don't read the names.  All they care about is the mail getting to the right address.  Just toss that shit.  Not a single bit of it is important to them.  If it were, they would have put in a change of address request.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SERIOUSLY.  

Suspicious indeed.

Smells of retread.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:19:44 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

OP needs some good prank ideas....

eta My brother and SIL moved to NM just a few months after I did. I let them use my PO box for a few months, till they got into a home. Then I quit using the PO box and now use a cluster box.

I'm stil getting mail for them! And  they swear they never gave anyone my cluster box addy!
View Quote

If you placed a change of address for your mail to the new address, some companies will automatically change the address for everybody who used that address (especially if they have the same last name) to the new address.  After my dad died, I filed a change of address so any mail for him would come to my house in another state, I started getting mail for my mother, who had not lived at his address for ten years and never at my address.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 7:25:44 PM EDT
[#21]
I get mail for dead people.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:08:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
How could he do that?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
How could he do that?

Long story short, he was patching ceiling when we saw house, said he just had the roof fixed.  Paid an inspector to give a "5 year certification" instead of actually fixing the roof.  First time it rained after moving in, it rained inside, too.  $12k later, have a beautiful new roof.  A shitty DIYer, various half done or incorrectly executed projects, mostly electrical and plumbing, that became apparent months or years after purchase.  Wall recently caught fire, lol.  Termite damage he fixed and didn't disclose.  What can I say, we were 21, inexperienced, and excited, he got lucky.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:10:57 PM EDT
[#23]
NSA doesn't need to tap your phones and computers for doing illegal shit you just admit this shit out in the clear.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

SERIOUSLY.  
View Quote

You, good sir, have just embarrassed yourself and wasted my time.  Go think about your life while you autofornicate.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:17:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

SERIOUSLY.  

Doh!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit, utility bills (I just trashed the most recent collections notice, would think someone would realize they haven't paid a monthly bill in 4+ months).  Have gotten large packages from Vitamin Supplement supplier (actually called the fuckin guy and had him come pick that one up, that was about 2 years ago).  Unreal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top