Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/24/2014 12:29:00 PM EDT
So, a guy buys an expensive house near Houston, then learns that there was a murder committed on the property many years before. It's not even the same house, the original was torn down.
He wants his money back, and released from the mortgage. He says he can't stay in the house knowing what happened on the property. He says the realtor should have told him of the history of the property.
What say you, legitimate gripe or is he being a candy ass?
Would you live there?

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-stuck-in-disclosure-dispute-because-he-refuses-to-live-on-Murder-Mansion-property-256293881.html
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like he has a bigger payment than he wants.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
seabrook

if so nice lot he should stop being such a pussy

ETA:yep

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:30:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

FPNI.  What a douche.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:32:47 PM EDT
[#4]
"A lot of people say there's shadows of children," said Golan."People say that they wouldn't come to my house as a guest."

funny since just a perv was shotgunned by some teenagers

wonder why the child ghosts are hanging out AKA he is full of shit
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:36:09 PM EDT
[#5]
he didnt even buy the house. Article says its a damn rental.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:39:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Stupid.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:39:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Same BS that flippers did when the real-estate market went sour.
Oh my condo that I had a contract to buy is 2 square feet less than the sales brochure.
I don't want it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:40:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
So, a guy buys an expensive house near Houston, then learns that there was a murder committed on the property many years before. It's not even the same house, the original was torn down.
He wants his money back, and released from the mortgage. He says he can't stay in the house knowing what happened on the property. He says the realtor should have told him of the history of the property.
What say you, legitimate gripe or is he being a candy ass?
Would you live there?

http://www.khou.com/news/local/Man-stuck-in-disclosure-dispute-because-he-refuses-to-live-on-Murder-Mansion-property-256293881.html
View Quote

Complete candy ass.  It would have been a required disclosure if the place hadn't been torn down and rebuilt. But it was. Tough!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:42:06 PM EDT
[#9]
If it's something "notorious" known by former owner or agent that could decrease the value then it should have been disclosed at sale.

There's been cases about this involving what people believed were "haunted houses".
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:57:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure full disclosure can be considered in this case. If the murders happened in the house and the house was torn down, the new house should be good to go. Now if the bodies were buried on the property, I would think that item would be covered under full disclosure even if the bodies were removed. Either way, it's creepy. I would never live in a house that had someone die in it. Too freaky for me.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#11]
It would not bother me. Totally different house.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:00:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not sure full disclosure can be considered in this case. If the murders happened in the house and the house was torn down, the new house should be good to go. Now if the bodies were buried on the property, I would think that item would be covered under full disclosure even if the bodies were removed. Either way, it's creepy. I would never live in a house that had someone die in it. Too freaky for me.
View Quote

Don't move to Colorado, then.  By law, a seller has no obligation to disclose such matters, and brokers are expressly prohibited from disclosing the same to any prospective purchaser.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:03:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even if it weren't, who gives a shit?

Is there still blood all over the floor?  No?  Then what do you care?

Fuckloads of people die in hospitals.  Are we not going to hospitals anymore?

Man, people can be serious pussies.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:04:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:05:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:07:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A friend of mine bought a house where a murder-suicide took place

After a couple of years he killed himself in the house

now it's a murder-suicide-suicide house

I say fuck that noise, I would not live there

Also, if you found out after you bought the house that it was a murder house, you'd have a very hard time getting full price for it when you sell

as far as the story in the OP goes, I don't think the guy has a leg to stand on

it's not even the same house

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

FPNI.  What a douche.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FPNI.  What a douche.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He's not the first guy to sue over an undisclosed murder or gruesome suicide. I have no idea if such suits are successful.

I was court appointed to referee the sale of a house where there was a pretty notorious local murder. The newspaper showed up and I gave them some half assessed quote that it could affect the value of the property. I got my balls busted after that for making that shit up off the top of my head
View Quote

remember the mcdonald's massacre from decades ago

mcdonald's had that place bulldozed and gone 10 minutes after the cops were done with it

the public does not like that kind of shit, they will not tolerate being or living where murder took place

and not disclosing it would have to be grounds for a lawsuit

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:29:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

If your house is more than 30 years old, people have probably died in it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:31:38 PM EDT
[#20]
Ya know i saw "the Conjuring" a few weeks ago, so yea i would want my money back.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:41:01 PM EDT
[#21]
No big deal unless the house is built directly over a portal to Hell.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:42:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Its like season 1 of "American Horror Story"
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:45:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Not the same house?

Not needed to disclose and I for one wouldn't even know to look something like that up when selling a house even if it had happened in the same house.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:48:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Realized he couldn't afford it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:55:32 PM EDT
[#25]
We have worked on that house (new one not the old one)and others that were on the old "property"  Nothing strange or weird, but i did get the strangest boner while looking at Justin Beiber Pics for a few days after.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#26]
There is a multiple murder house in my town. Dad snapped, killed his family and someone else. Beautiful home, but it will never have the value it deserves.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:00:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Oh should I mention the dude is part of a pyramid, er I mean, mlm scheme.  Owns a "jewelry" store and owns a credit repair business.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:03:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Oh should I mention the dude is part of a pyramid, er I mean, mlm scheme.  Owns a "jewelry" store and owns a credit repair business.
View Quote
Professional Skeezer then

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:05:42 PM EDT
[#29]
My mother bought a home years ago, just before she moved in the previous owner hanged herself in the basement.
You could see the little scuffed up circle in front of the furnace where she did it.
Mom just had the house blessed by a priest and kept that basement door locked at night.
The guy is a bigger wuss than my mother!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 2:07:15 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Realized he couldn't afford it.
View Quote

Yup, I call bullshit, he's got buyer's remorse and is looking for a way out.

The original mansion that stood there was creepy as hell, it was almost built like a prison. A sick, sick mind thought that up and had the money to build it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:29:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Backstory :

http://wonderland1981.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/the-todville-mansion-seabrook-texas-usa/

For the TL:DR

Creepy homo pedo picks up homeless youth addicts pervs out on them  house is built like a prison
youth addicts shoot and kill him
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:34:41 PM EDT
[#33]
IIRC, I think they are required to notify him of this before selling. Either way, guy is clearly being a tard. Give me the mansion if you don't want to live there anymore.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:49:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Ghosts aren't real, so the only concern would be resale value.  There are tons of ignorant people out there that believe ghosts will rape them if they sleep in a house where someone died, therefore resale value drops.

I blame this whole thing on stupid living people.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:50:07 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
A colleague of mine bought a very nice house (probably about 1.5 million or so) and found out that the husband killed his wife in the master bedroom (the previous owners).

They haven't told their two kids.  
View Quote

Dad, how come you guys live in the small bedroom and we get to share the big one?  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 3:55:03 PM EDT
[#36]
I love old, Victorian houses and have lived in several. They all had someone die in them. In the old days, people stayed at home to die. No big deal.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:03:32 PM EDT
[#37]
That guy is a pussy.  Pure vagatron 3000
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:11:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Are his eyebrows haunted, too?  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:12:01 PM EDT
[#39]
No way I'd stay there....unless the Long Island medium blessed the new house.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:12:19 PM EDT
[#40]
this will only be settled one way: lawyer up. the realtor has errors and omissions insurance for just this sort of thing. here's what it will come down to:

- realtor's lawyer will say buyer failed to perform "due diligence"
- buyer's lawyer will hammer realtor, and previous owner, about "disclosure"

state law will rule, it will be expensive, it will take years.

problem for the buyer is, now that he knows, he is required to disclose to potential buyer
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#41]
So what kind of religion makes it a sin to on the property where a murder occurred 30 years ago?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

My wife would probably be unhappy, it could lower the value of the house  
View Quote

That's probably only because some lawyer made an offhanded comment to a reporter.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:37:15 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

I love old, Victorian houses and have lived in several. They all had someone die in them. In the old days, people stayed at home to die. No big deal.
View Quote

I wonder if this is a concern in Europe. Some of their homes are older than our nation.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:40:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Hes just trying to get out of it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#45]

Who the hell cares. Humans have been around for a long time and every last one of them has died so far. You are probably within pissing distance of where somebody has died off several times a day and don't know it.  Ever stay in a hotel? Chances are somebody offed themselves there. Fuck this guy.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I wonder if this is a concern in Europe. Some of their homes are older than our nation.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep. If murders caused hauntings, every propert in Europe should be haunted by now.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:00:27 PM EDT
[#47]
Meh.

Start going to the goth bars and bringing home goth chicks. "Hey honey, want to come see my murder-suicide basement? It's got black lights and everything."
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#48]
meh..
I bought my present house and lived in it for about 2 months before a neighbor told me that the previous owner offed himself in the living room. Shot himself in the head a didn't too good a job of it as it took a while for the guy to pass apparently. Pretty gruesome
My realtor never said a word about it... Doesn't matter.I like the house nonetheless. Aint afraid of no ghosts :)
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:53:15 PM EDT
[#49]
Was renovating a house and living in it where a Mexican guy killed himself playing Russian roulette and it didn't bother me nor did anything strange happen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#50]
i thought that shit was supposed to be disclosed upon sale

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top