Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/24/2014 10:43:11 AM EDT
So, my wife has a new boss who has talked to her twice now about how women with short hair are taken more seriously in the work place when my wife has beautiful long hair she has told her she does not want to cut.  She also has coworkers who try to guilt her about taking my last name.  Apparently, one coworker did a blog about taking the husband's last name and said it was tantamount to slavery.

Any of the women here experience any of this or any of you guys hear this kind of thing from your professional wives?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:43:52 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like your wife needs to break free of the heterocage.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:44:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Rules.... we have them.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:45:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like your wife works with fat ugly cunts that have to pay for cock.

Or they like strap-on's and Harleys
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:45:24 AM EDT
[#4]
I've thankfully never been around any genuine feminazis in the work place.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

this

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

John Goodman with tits....and flannel

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:48:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Report them to hr for hostile work environment. Or tell them and have the wife rave about the clothes you specifically told her to wear. When they complain,  have her explain she's submissive and would appreciate them not oppressing her or her lifestyle choices. I'm a sick though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:48:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Have her sue them for sexual harassment
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:49:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

I vote for this
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I am fortunate to live in Utah. I can't remember ever meeting a feminazi here. Oh, wait, one.. but she was an import from Kansas, so that doesn't count.

She used to rant about how makeup was forced upon women. Guess what she didn't wear
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:50:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Seems your wife should be talking to HR about unwelcomed comments and a hostile work environment.  In the work place training I've been forced to go through they directly say "if you even think that you might have been offended by something someone said you should file a complaint".  This situation goes well beyond that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:50:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am fortunate to live in Utah. I can't remember ever meeting a feminazi here. Oh, wait, one.. but she was an import from Kansas, so that doesn't count.

She used to rant about how makeup was forced upon women. Guess what she didn't wear
View Quote

A bra?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Makes me wonder about their husbands and boyfriends...what kind of guy could put with that kind of bullshit narotic behavior?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

A bra?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bra?

Among other things. She had some big, pendulous bags of sand and seemed to have been smuggling apricots instead of raisins.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:51:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Do they roll their own tampons and kick-start their vibrators?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#16]
She needs to go to HR.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:52:46 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

deodorant
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:53:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Among other things. She had some big, pendulous bags of sand and seemed to have been smuggling apricots instead of raisins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bra?

Why is it always the ones that really NEED to wear a bra and make-up, dont?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:53:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I don't understand why women (not all) are trying to become more like men, doesn't that mean they are caving to society's pressure to conform and are in fact becoming the very thing they despise?

Irony.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:53:16 AM EDT
[#20]
She's going to go all Stockholm Syndrome and chop your dick off in your sleep.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was gonna say a strap-on, but I think she did.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So, my wife has a new boss who has talked to her twice now about how women with short hair are taken more seriously in the work place when my wife has beautiful long hair she has told her she does not want to cut.  She also has coworkers who try to guilt her about taking my last name.  Apparently, one coworker did a blog about taking the husband's last name and said it was tantamount to slavery.

Any of the women here experience any of this or any of you guys hear this kind of thing from your professional wives?
View Quote

People who don't act like twats are taken more seriously.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:53:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I vote for this
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I vote for this

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

You clearly don't spend enough time at the parks downtown. I quit going to them on my lunch breaks. I try and stay away from City Creek as well.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:54:49 AM EDT
[#25]
No.  We don't really have feminazis in my area and the few we do have, don't have jobs.  
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:55:12 AM EDT
[#27]
What field of work?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:55:46 AM EDT
[#28]

That is hugely inappropriate.  

A trip to HR is warranted unless the HR people are jack wagons.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:56:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Your wife's probably cruising towards some kind of lawsuit and a nice payout.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:57:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Tell her to drop a "this is an inappropriate and unprofessional conversation"
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
What field of work?
View Quote

Marketing and Communications for a large State University.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:58:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You clearly don't spend enough time at the parks downtown. I quit going to them on my lunch breaks. I try and stay away from City Creek as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just wear your City Creek Prep Suit, and you'll be fine.

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:59:16 AM EDT
[#33]
If a woman won't take her husband's name, she is using her father's name, unless she uses her mother's maiden name, then she's using her grandfather's name.........

No matter how many generations she goes back, IT'S STILL A GUY!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Tell her to drop a "this is an inappropriate and unprofessional conversation"
View Quote

Yeah, this is where I'm leaning and I'll urge her to file a grievance if it continues after that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If a woman won't take her husband's name, she is using her father's name, unless she uses her mother's maiden name, then she's using her grandfather's name.........

View Quote

Excellent point.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

That is hugely inappropriate.  

A trip to HR is warranted unless the HR people are jack wagons.

View Quote

I don't know that dude, his wife, or their HR people.

I can definitively state that her HR people are jackwagons though.  

(It's kind of like pointing at any random dog and asking if he likes to eat cat shit.  The answer is "yes".)
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:01:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:01:37 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Report them to hr for hostile work environment. Or tell them and have the wife rave about the clothes you specifically told her to wear. When they complain,  have her explain she's submissive and would appreciate them not oppressing her or her lifestyle choices. I'm a sick though.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:01:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

More like John Goodman with a vagina. I'm pretty sure he already has the tits and flannel thouh.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:02:54 AM EDT
[#40]
I'd go the route of filing a complaint with HR and/or consulting a lawyer.  If all else fails or you don't want to do that, I'd convince her to leave that hostile work ASAP.

That mentality becomes horde mentality and pretty soon you'll lose her or you will be wearing a ball and chain taking orders from her.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:05:35 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bra?

Dammit, girl, I'm eating!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bra?

Apricots?
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Clearly, the solution is to hyphenate eight or nine generations of names up in this bitch.

I'll have more 'begats' than Leviticus, motherfucker.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:08:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:10:46 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

I'd go the route of filing a complaint with HR and/or consulting a lawyer.  If all else fails or you don't want to do that, I'd convince her to leave that hostile work ASAP.

That mentality becomes horde mentality and pretty soon you'll lose her or you will be wearing a ball and chain ballgag taking orders from her.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:12:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
She needs to go to HR.
View Quote

Yup

The only people that can out bulldyke a coven of bulldykes is HR
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#47]
The coments from the supervisor could be interpreted as career advice/counseling.  If a male supervisor told a man with long hair that men with short hair get taken more seriously in the workplace and advised him to cut it, it would be totally unremarkable.  the boss may well be a sexist lesbian, but unless there are recordings showing that her tone of voice or facial expressions make the advice more than career oriented, the complaint will likely go nowhere.

On the other hand, I'm pretty sure there are laws specifically barring discrimination based on marital status, and her coworkers are WAY in the wrong.  If I were in your wife's position, I would send an email to the offenders (individually, not together) recounting the incident "Last Friday when you said 'blah blah blah...' it bothered me.  You are treating me differently because of my marital status, and your comparing my personal choices to slavery is insulting and makes it difficult to work with you on a professional basis."  If the person doesn't respond, it's as good as an acknowledgement.  If they respond verbally, write another email documenting the verbal response. If the harassment keeps going, another email, this time ccing the supervisor and attaching the previous emails.

This does 2 things: documents the harassment, and shows that she tried to handle it between peers before escalating it.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A bra?

Because they already know it's the equivalent to putting lipstick on a pig. In this case it'd be lipstick, bra, deodorant, etc etc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:18:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

That's likely why they are after her.  I'm sure she's savvy enough to understand they are out to get her.  As soon as she replies with something appropriate--"I'm sorry you can't find a good man"--or similar, they will hang her for "creating a hostile workplace environment."  She needs to be very careful, as she is marked.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Makes me wonder about their husbands and boyfriends...what kind of guy could put with that kind of bullshit narotic behavior?

That's likely why they are after her.  I'm sure she's savvy enough to understand they are out to get her.  As soon as she replies with something appropriate--"I'm sorry you can't find a good man"--or similar, they will hang her for "creating a hostile workplace environment."  She needs to be very careful, as she is marked.  

Word to the beekeeper!
Link Posted: 4/24/2014 11:19:05 AM EDT
[#50]
The women you've described aren't actually feminazis, per the man who coined the term.

They're just bitches.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top