Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2001 7:10:51 AM EDT
I'm steppin' from the boards for awhile, because of all the current BS taking place here.

It seems that we ([i]G&B and I[/i]) are getting attacked from about every possible angle due to the "handling" of the LEGP, but ironically, only by a select few...

While it's real easy for a bunch of armchair warriors to sit back and direct from the sidelines, it's not so easy to put together something such as this on such a large scale.  It's even harder when we have to travel on personal expenses, thus taking valuable time and finances away from our families.  We have done this for all of you, but there are a few that can't see it that way, and only wish to beat our work into the ground.

A couple of members are "demanding" to know how we could be on the line for upwards of 3/4 million dollars... well, I say to you folks, do the math ([i]an don't leave out the accessories[/i])!  To quickly get to the bottom line, we had to commit to a specific number of rifles in order to get YOU, the members, the very low price that we negotiated ([i]+/- $400 less than regular retail - based on actual configuration[/i]).  Simply put, we made a committment!

[b][u]Barrels:[/u][/b] Rock River Arms does not manufacture these barrels, as with the majority ([i]if not all[/i]) of the other companies, they come from an independant source.  Thus, RRA has had to "contract" with the barrel manufacturer to produce a specific number of custom barrels ([i]as per our specs[/i]).  This is NOT a barrel config that they have ever used previously, but this is what the majority of the members here requested... So that's how that works.

[b][u]Receivers:[/u][/b] The same is true here as well, but now it gets interesting...  We all wanted something special ([i]LE Laser Engraving w/ issue #'s[/i]).  This required RRA to have a large number of receivers stockpiled so they could pull a bunch for regular stock production of their existing orders, then they were able to set aside a block of 500-1000 for us. Of the set asides, they all needed to be consecutively serial numbered before the laser engraving could begin.  This not only requires additional man hours to complete, but somebody has to pay the additional overhead and payroll as well. That somebody equates to us ([i]Castle Arms, Inc[/i]) via our minumum requirements.

[b][u]Hogue Grips:[/b][/u] Not a standard stock item, so RRA had to special order a lot of these from somewhere.

[b][u]M4 Handguards:[/b][/u] Due to the current market and a huge new contract with the Govt, the one and only supplier of these had to be "persuaded" to allow a bunch of these to slip away from the contract stockpile -- Money talks, and the members of AR15.com won!

Anyways, back to where I was headed with this post:  I'm leaving for awhile -- maybe a week, maybe a couple of months...  who knows!

I will continue to be working diligently "behind the scenes", to promote the membership of AR15.com and obviously the sales of our LEGP rifles ([i]"our" -- meaning all of the members as a whole[/i]).  If anyone wants or needs to contact me for any reson what-so-ever, it's easy...  just email me and I'll get back to you ASAP -- I'm also only a phone call away for those that know where to find me!

Until next time......
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:16:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:16:52 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry that the actions and words of the minority have persuaded you to take a break from the boards.  It's just a shame that regardless of everyone's like/dislike of the configuration, like/dislike of the price that everyone can't at least respect the time, resources, and effort that has been put into making all of this possible.  

Keep your chin up.  Your efforts ARE appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Anti:

Sorry this crap is happening to you and G&B.

Remember though two things.

You are dealing with the same type of idiots (however few) on this LEGP that you deal with every day.

Secondly, Don't forget the "few bad apples" analogy that is soooooooooo true.

I understand you wanting to take  a little R&R though.  You should cause you have worked your  arse off and you deserve not to be hassled by a bunch of wannabees.

E-mail me of phone me if you need to bitch a little.

Hang tight bro.

X--Kill
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 7:23:46 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess that because I'm not getting an LEGP rifle, I just don't see the bickering.  I guess I don't read the LEGP related posts.  For me, AR15.com is as it has always been.  Mostly great, some bums. Overall a valued site.

The LEGP is not the be all and end all of AR15.com.  Communication is.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:01:55 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing the people complaining now are the same people that bitched about all the details of the GP configuration. And I'm guessing they don't even own an AR and probably never will.

They are funny, laugh at them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:18:39 AM EDT
[#7]
anti, I agree with you here. Take some time and take it easy for awhile.

Given the way some have harped on this rifle I don't blame you one bit!

For those that don't know math:

1000 rifles times $660 = $660,000 Yes, that is
[red]SIX HUNDRED SIXTY THOUSAND DOLLARS [/red]

Take into account the extra's and you get to the $750K figure.

Some of those that had said YES, were man enough to say why the couldn't proceed.

The rest of you that said YES and are nowhere to be found now, thanks for nothing!
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#8]
can someone say exactly how many people said "yes", then backed out?   how many "maybes" ended up buying?    
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 8:58:28 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm a 'maybe' that purchased.  Approx. 180 rifles have been sold so far, the way guys were talking back-n-forth in the LEGP forum I would say close to 40% of those who purchased were never on the 'yes' list.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:01:46 AM EDT
[#10]
radioman:  Posting name comparisions is not something I want to do. Take a look at "My View" in The LEGP forum.  Trying to browbeat or humiliate people into buying is unseemly.  Hopefully this will stop.  

A very positive benefit (which was intended) is we have attracted a lot of new members due to the LEGP.  Some never had interest in AR's before.   I would say over 1/3 of all the buyers so far were not members initially.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:06:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:12:06 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:32:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Every time I hear about this purchase I want to weep...I would give my left (or right) nut to be able to get one of these rifles.  I am so damn broke right now I could not get one if I HAD to!  If I can find the money, I will buy one just to help out the people left hanging.
I have been telling everyone that may even consider a rifle like this about the LEGP and where to go to find it.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:32:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Take it easy and be safe!

riddler
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 9:44:21 AM EDT
[#15]
After what I've seen so far on the posts and knowing your current "situation", I wouldn't blame you. YOU do what YOU have to do...OK?

Take it EZ, I'll be in touch with you via e-mail and landline. I'm still keeping the faith...
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Every time I hear about this purchase I want to weep...I would give my left (or right) nut to be able to get one of these rifles.  
View Quote

Have you considered putting one of them on Ebay?? Perhaps if you auctioned them both you could afford a Beta-C mag and some ammo too?  [:D][:D]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Take a break as needed, as Ed said in his post. Most of us appreciate what you guys have done. That's over 50%, so their's more on your side than is against you. Take care, and if you need to gossip you have my number at home & here at the office.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:40:58 AM EDT
[#18]
I remember when this first got started. Someone suggested we do a group buy just like fnfal.com. Also noted was that we had a larger board membership than they and should have a power to get a better pricing break. So Castle Arms steps in. A confuguration and price was defined.

I understand some people did not like the config. Some the price. Some backed out due to financial reasons. That's understood, cars can break down, unforeseen emergency expenses, and some just have family obligation. I was in on the fnfal group buy but at the time they finalized it and needed the money it was in the midst of my move to Dallas so I backed out. Yes, I consider a valid financial reason to back out. So I understand why some backed out
However, I hear there are some people that just backed out period!!! Whats up with that.

After stepping up to the plate and taking on this risk, I think there is in no way we can critisize Anti and G&B. G&B even offered financing. There could've been a thousand excuses as to why this group buy should not have come to fruition, and only one reason why. That one reason is the work of Castle Arms.

[b]So if you ain't got something good to say shut the fuck up!!!!![/b] It's like not voting, don't bitch afterwards if your candidate did not get elected. You did not step up for this group buy, you ain't got nothing to say.

To those that are in the group buy, I think we should also stop berating and snubbing these people that backed out. We now know that some people on this board cannot be taken by their word. Such as life. Let them be. It's done.

[b]Lets acknowledge and move on[/b]  

Anti and G&B, you should not have to take time off cause of a few bad apples. You guys are in the right here(for once [;)] )
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:52:02 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Every time I hear about this purchase I want to weep...I would give my left (or right) nut to be able to get one of these rifles.  I am so damn broke right now I could not get one if I HAD to!  If I can find the money, I will buy one just to help out the people left hanging.
I have been telling everyone that may even consider a rifle like this about the LEGP and where to go to find it.  
View Quote

Cleatus:  Do not go out on a financial limb for this.  I don't want anyone to do that. Besides you never indicated a yes or maybe or a config or price.  

Talk it up, tell people it is another reason to join AR15.com & watch for the next LEGP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:03:17 AM EDT
[#20]

You guys did a great job with the LEGP!!!!!!
Thank you.[:)]

Hope you come back soon.  You'll be missed.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:09:20 AM EDT
[#21]
hi
i'm not in the deal and was never had any plans to be. But when i made a contribution to the fund to help diehard and others the fell on very tough times i got two emails. one saying i gave to the fund and another saying i ordered one of the rifles your talking about. I was only charged for contribution so i thought other was a mistake.(because balnce on that statement was 0) I would NEVER sink that much money or commitment into something without getting prepaid by those who wanted in.(i thought that is what you were doing) Just like anything custumized. People have a way of saying stuff they never do. just thought thought that might explain your extra no shows.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Tim take it easy for a while.we will still be here on your return.also remember that because of the LEGP rifle TREETOP moved to a free state.mmk
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:53:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks, take a break, see ya when you get back.

(That's thanks for the LEGP, not for taking a break from the board.)
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#25]
It''s a shame to see that again you and Grin have been targeted by certain members.

Take a break from the BS, but I will assure you the BS will still be here when you are good and ready to return.

This is not the first time you go away from these forums because the shit stacked too high. And perhaps it's the best way to deal with it if possible.

For those who are targeting Anti and Grin on this project. I am sure you will find another passtime on these forums, and I am sure you will find the means to drive away yet another valued members of these forums.

To AntiUSSA,

Hope to greet you soon back online here.

Kuiper
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:38:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Anti, Grin, X-ring, and any others I may have missed, THANK YOU for your effort and a job well done. To those who are making these gentlemen's life miserable: Bite Me!
If there ever was anyone that had earned a break, it's you. Like others have said here - spend some quality time with the rest of your life. Some people here will never be happy no matter what you do. Don't let them get to you.
See ya when ya get back!  If you're ever in southern Pa., I owe you several rounds of your favorite beverage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 2:29:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Maybe by then he'll be able to consume those beverages.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 4:40:53 PM EDT
[#28]
anti, internet chatter is like radio chatter.  most of it can be ignored.   take a short break, then come back.

G&B, I didn't ask for names.  but upon reflection, this was the wrong thread for my question anyway.
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 4:53:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Hey Anti, just tell those who whine and complain to kiss your little green a$$.

It's that simple.  See you back here when you're ready.

CMOS
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Heya AntiUSSA, sent ya an email.

[rail]Railgun....
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:05:10 PM EDT
[#31]
AHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I just wish that there was some way for us poor Canadians to get in on this deal!!!  Mind you I only think that there are 5 or so Canadians on here.....

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Take your time, regroup, we’ll hold the fort until you come back; we are grateful for all your efforts and the meaning you gave to this forum. Do not let the losers get you down.
We will weed them out sooner or later. Thank you…
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:23:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Anti & G&B, et al:

I wasn't even on the board until a buddy of mine was looking for an AR. I started nosing around, and saw what a great deal you guys put together on the riles, for people you don't even know. I wasn't here for the initial discussion and commitment. And really, it doesn't matter to me. It sure didn't matter when I inquired about getting in on the deal. And really, what a deal it is.

I understand that... and ~180 other people do also. More will.  

The 'chatter' generated by those and those who 'would've bought it, but it's the wrong blah, blah, blah...' is just that, chatter. Those folks most likely will still be 'would'veing' by the time this, and the next deal, and the next deal is over. Don't let them get to you. The 'net is a great way to be overcome by these faceless hordes of complainers. It takes very little effort to hide behind the keyboard and criticize people of action. Those people are not worthy of the energy we spend on them.

I'm impressed by your and G&Bs integrity, as are others. Focus on that.  

Good luck and best regards,

JC
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:31:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Yes, take a break. You deserve it!

Besides We want you good and rested when those rifles come in.

Peace brother,
You and your family are in our prayers.

[beer]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 12:57:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Sound familiar? [:)]

PS Assuming the ongoing negotiations I am involved in to split one of these rifle up continue to bear fruit, it looks as if I will be ordering at least 1 rifle. Who knows, maybe I'll really splurge and get 2.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 2:39:50 AM EDT
[#36]
I don't blame you for needing a break anti - there are a lot of people around here lately that are WAY more critical of the LEGP than they should be.  You could offer them a loaded AR of their chice in the configuration they want and a case of match ammo for $50 and they would still find something to complain about!  The LEGP is one sweet deal and I'm ordering mine within the week!  Anyway, thanks anti, G&B, X-ring and everyone that made this great deal possible! [beer]     PLEASE do this again next year!!!  Possibly a 20" HBAR? [:D]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:50:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted: PLEASE do this again next year!!!  Possibly a 20" HBAR? [:D]
View Quote

That's the config we are leaning towards. It seemed to have the second most demand when we tried to track interest.  Perhaps next year more will take the idea seriously once they see this years LEGP.  Have to build a foundation.

As far as anti goes there are enough Mods here & I can handle the posts needed for the AR15.com LEGP.  He needs more than a break.
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 4/18/2001 6:03:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Yoy all did a great job on this LEGP.  Don't let a few people ruin it for you.  Trust me there are people who are cgoing to complain no matter what happens.

I am in on the FAL group buy also and you should see some of the B.S. that Jen has been getting.  Everything from its all a scam to people complaining about not getting a $5.00 mag sent to PRK and missing dollar slings.

Take a break you deserve it and be damn sure I appreciate your effort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top