Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/28/2002 10:34:16 AM EDT
So, I am talking to that liberal chick that I've posted about before.  

Last night, her and a bunch of her friends are going to this guys house.  She asks if I'd like to go and I ask about this guy, since I don't him at all.  

Her:  "well, he's real cool.  he lives with his boyfriend"

Me:  "boyfriend?"

Her:  "yeah, he's gay and not afraid to let people know"

Me:  "tell you what, I think i will stay in tonight.  Frankly, I don't want to see that sort of thing, since I find it digusting"

Her:  "So, you don't like gay people"

Me:  "It's not a question of like or dislike, rather the fact that I think that is wrong and I don't want to be around it and I certainly don't want it shoved in my face"

Her:  "so, you're a bigot"

Me:  "No, as I said, I find it digusting"

Her:  "I bet you like lesbians, right?"

Me: "no, I think that is wrong too"

This went on and on.  I know some of you will say why do you even talk to this chick and the only reason i have is that she is hot.  

So, according to the liberals, I am bigot because I don't want to be around gay people.

Wonderful.

Oh, IBTL.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:37:34 AM EDT
[#1]
well, technically she is right.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:42:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Hot or not, peoples attitude can make a person who looks like Heather Locklear look like Janet Reno. If she is hot thats great and all but geez I could only tolerate so much BS.

I was in a band once with two TWIN blondes. I admit that they were pretty hot until they opened their mouths and spewed liberal drivel. they got ugly pretty fast.

I think you are stand up for holding up to your beliefs. and as far as you being a bigot, youre not. Its just that you dont want to be around a "lifestyle" thats all. Now if you "hated" the guy because he was black, asian, Jewish or whatever... Then, you would be a bigot.

Just my opinion... I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:49:11 AM EDT
[#4]
WAIT A MINUTE GUYS!!! He doesnt want to be around a "lifestyle" not a "race"

1. He is not endangering their lives
2. He isnt using derogatory comments towards them or about them.
3. He is just making a choice NOT to be in a situation that makes him uncomfortable.

I dont see where she is right.

Oh and I think I will throw in a IBTL ... this may get ugly.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#5]
If you judge someone on their behaviorial [b]choices[/b] rather than an intrinsic characteristic then you are not a bigot.. imo

[u]she[/u] is a dogmatic liberal...also a behavior [b]choice[/b]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:52:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Just as he has a right to choose his lifestyle, you have a right to choose whether or not to accept and be around that lifestyle.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:54:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Some queers are OK, most open ones arnt gay, they're just offensive and enjoy being so. Social Tom-Greens so to speak.

I'm with you though, if I'd never met the guy and his "friend" in a different setting, I wouldnt care to spend time in his home.

Of course I know my mother in law pretty well and I feel the same way...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:56:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:57:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:03:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Tolerance means accepting the presence of something, while neither embracing nor persecuting it, but...

[url]http://www.southparkstudios.com/down/download.html?file=/media/sounds/614/JESUSTAPDANCINGCHRIST.wav[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:03:49 AM EDT
[#12]
I guess I am a bigot to.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:06:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I feel the same way , i would not want to hang around with gay people either.

if being called a bigot is the worse you are ever called, i think you are doing pretty good.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#14]
[size=3]To understand the bigot, one must understand the history of bigotry... well not really. All you need to know the transformation of the english word bigot. Historically, it meant someone who had a narrow [b]views[/b] and only accepted those that matched all or almost all of hers/his.

However, the politically correct crowd has been redefining the word bigot and what bigotry is. The new definition is someone who has any [b]one[/b] of the non-Politically correct views.

Thus, just because you have [b]one view[/b] different that what is politically correct, you are a bigot in their eyes. The truth, however, is far from this. Truthfully, the word bigot has lost it's meaning and really can never be applied to anyone because [u]we all have one view different from each other.[/u][/size=3]

[size=4][b]Therefore, you are not a bigot.[/b][/size=4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I feel the same way , i would not want to hang around with gay people either.

if being called a bigot is the worse you are ever called, i think you are doing pretty good.
View Quote

What he said.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
…..the only reason i have is that she is hot.  

View Quote

You are not a bigot; you are an idiot…  Normal logic does not apply to hot chicks.  Here is how it should have went:

Her:  "well, he's real cool.  he lives with his boyfriend."

Alternate answer:  "Sound like a good friend."

Her:  "yeah, he's gay and not afraid to let people know."

Alternate answer:  "Wow, that shows a lot of courage."

Her:  "So, you don't like gay people."

Alternate answer:  "Well, it is not for me, but I say live and let live."

Her:  "so, you're a bigot."

Alternate answer:  "Did I give you that impression?  I think everyone deserve happiness."

Alternate answer: "Lesbians deserve love too."

View Quote

If she is that hot, now is not the time to promote your beliefs.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:38:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
and I certainly don't want it shoved in my face"

View Quote

Interesting choice in words...
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:43:47 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

big·ot [ bíggt ] (plural big·ots)
noun

intolerant person:[b][red] somebody who has very strong opinions[/b][/red], especially on matters of politics, religion, or ethnicity, and refuses to accept different views

[;)]
View Quote

I guess that would make HER a bigot.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#19]
So, according to the liberals, I am bigot because I don't want to be around gay people.
View Quote

I've been a member of the Bigot club for decades.  I just don't care to be around fags or lesbos.  Also, I don't hang out with liberals.

Eddie
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:27:15 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:37:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

big·ot [ bíggt ] (plural big·ots)
noun

intolerant person:[b][red] somebody who has very strong opinions[/b][/red], especially on matters of politics, religion, or ethnicity, and refuses to accept different views

Hmmmmmm......I must be a [i]"Gun Bigot"[/i][;)]
View Quote

Heheh, works the other way too.  Read this essay about those anti-gun bigots, the MMM. [url]http://www.nationalreview.com/kopel/kopel051101.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:54:13 PM EDT
[#22]
I had friends openly gay (male) and at the present I work with a female gay. Never had any problems.
About your female friend you could do a payback:
-arrange with some of your female friends to pretend they are lesbos. Get a party going and invite your liberal friend to the party informing her that there will be lesbos. If she objects then you can call her a bigot as well. If she accepts, then she might like to have lunch at the Y (feast on the yeast) and you could get lucky !!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:15:24 PM EDT
[#23]
I find I have to avoid being around gays too. Seems my laughing at them and my snide comments about their "choice" gets them upset. And I wouldn't want to upset anybody....
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:02:41 PM EDT
[#24]
It's E X I T   O N L Y ! ! ! ! !

[sex]  [chainsaw]

AB
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:05:06 PM EDT
[#25]
better bigot that faggot
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:05:46 PM EDT
[#26]
No matter how hot she is, there is someone out there that is sick of her crap!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Ohhh, and I wouldn't have gone either. Who wants to go hang out with a bunch of homo's?  Who wants to sit on a homo's couch or drink out of a homo's cup?  SICK!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:24:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
well, technically she is right.
View Quote

Bigotry is not just racism.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think you are stand up for holding up to your beliefs. and as far as you being a bigot, youre not. Its just that you dont want to be around a "lifestyle" thats all. Now if you "hated" the guy because he was black, asian, Jewish or whatever... Then, you would be a bigot.

View Quote

Yes, you are. As stated, bigotry is not just race.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If you judge someone on their behaviorial [b]choices[/b] rather than an intrinsic characteristic then you are not a bigot.. imo

[u]she[/u] is a dogmatic liberal...also a behavior [b]choice[/b]
View Quote

Well, if it is not a "choice" but a fact of biology, then he [b]IS[/b] a bigot for hating them.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Matbe you should have had some fun that night. Go over flurt with both of them only while the other is gone and watch them scratch each others eyes out over you. LOL
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:31:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Oh boy...

There is a something you should always remember, Tolerance = Curiosity.  She likes to hang around gay men?  Good for her, now tag along, slap a goofy look on face and don't forget to flirt.  You just blew an easy chance for some hot bisexual threesome sex.  (By that I mean your chick and a female friend of hers, with you).  

What the fuck where you thinking?  Did you think she would just want to bask in the glory of your manhood after that?  Do you think, knowing she was a liberal piece of shit, that after you said "I hate people of homosexual tendencies" she'd sleep with you?  

And what about her friends?  She probably doesn't hang around Ms. Conservative, except for the token church going friend she takes pleasure in corrupting, so you just blew your chances with anyone on her speed dial.

Do you have posters in your room proclaiming your heterosexuality?  Do you get tattoos claiming to be "100% Straight"?  No, you don't, so knock off that moral high ground shit.  Look, you want to impress your masculinity upon this woman?:  [i]Do it in the butt[/i]

Wuss.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:45:15 PM EDT
[#33]
You did right with the exception that your only arguement was that you thought it was 'wrong'.  In my opinion, its not any one individuals decision wether something is right or wrong.  I have no problems with any gays, male or female, but I don not want to see it.

If I was invited over to someones house and they were a heavy smoker, I would decline because smoke makes my contacts itch and makes me cough.  In the same respect, seeing two men or women kiss makes me vomit.  I'm also not a big fan of any public displays of affection, no matter what sexes involved.  But what people do in their bedrooms is up to them and not for me to scrutinize.  

Bigot on man but get a better reason.

Keving67
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 5:57:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Ire, Judging from the following experience.  Long story short- very good female friend of mine invited me to go to St Louis w/her to see her brother perform at the St Louis Music Conservatorium (or something like that) which was closing.  Guess he was a great actor and was invited back for the closing.  She prepares me on the drive there that he is gay.  At that time, I didn't care- not my fault he likes to suck d*ck.  Genetic flaw, I say.  After the play, my friend, her brother and his boy friend and I go to TFIF.  They start drinking- I didn't.  After a couple of drinks these two guys start carrying on like.. like... hell I don't even know how to describe it.  I guess like gay men.  It was nauseating.  After a few minutes of their crap, all I thought was "HOLY MOTHER OF GOD, BRING ME SOME JACK DANIELS QUICK!"  I proceeded to get hammered- it didn't help cloud my vision to their "show".  Be damn glad you didn't go.
So before this trip, I coulda really cared less about gays.  Now I will not get into any social situation where they are- at least knowingly.

Oh yeah, IBTL!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:13:48 PM EDT
[#35]
NSF Jojo is a man of wisdom beyond his years.

At your age, now is not the time to act too conservative. The conservative "good" girls are not the ones sucking dick, asking it up the ass, experimenting with a female and male partner at once, etc.

If you want to look back on these years with regret for the rest of your life then fine, stay stubborn. Otherwise, live it up while you still can.

You can be a gun-owning liberal. If you are openly tolerant of the most liberal nonsense, you can turn thet "tolerance" philosophy back at the liberals you meet. When I was in college, I lived an let live - hung out with anybody. I even had gays, etc. get interested in guns - by my example they got over THEIR stereotypes of gun owners. I like to think I won over some die-hard libs to the RKBA side and got a lot more "play" with the womenz at the same time. Think about it, Ire. You are only young once.

Adam
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:41:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Maybe he's not gay.  Maybe he's the guy jamming her head into the headboard, but this way you won't worry......no, wait, maybe she wanted you to watch them....no, wait, maybe she's trying to see just how much of her crap you WILL put up with.  Obviously she hasn't gotten there yet.  

The torment and humiliation will continue until she eventually asks you to try on a collar and chain.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I won't tolerate gay activity in my presence. It is vile. Call me a  bigot, I won't care in the least.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Are you the only guy she invites to go with her to the homo house?  If so, she may be trying to fix you up with them (i.e. she likes to watch three guys banging each other).  On the other hand, if she sincerely likes the company of homos, you aren't gonna hit it any time soon.  Sorry to have to breake it to you dude.  But I agree with you on not wanting to go to a homo house for any reason.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:57:15 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Maybe he's not gay.  Maybe he's the guy jamming her head into the headboard, but this way you won't worry......no, wait, maybe she wanted you to watch them....no, wait, maybe she's trying to see just how much of her crap you WILL put up with.  Obviously she hasn't gotten there yet.  

The torment and humiliation will continue until she eventually asks you to try on a collar and chain.  
View Quote

Man will put with a lot of shit to hit the poonanny.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Scott

View Quote

WELL.... I NEVER!!!!

ONLY MY WIFE CAN TELL ME I'M WRONG!!!

Now I'm a BIGOT because now I am forced to HATE YOU!

J/K... [;)]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Scott

View Quote

WELL.... I NEVER!!!!

ONLY MY WIFE CAN TELL ME I'M WRONG!!!

Now I'm a BIGOT because now I am forced to HATE YOU!

J/K... [;)]
View Quote

Hee hee hee

Scott

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:22:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Can't say I'd have gone to homo house either.  Forget that. Brand me a bigot all you want, I'm not having anything to do with people I find 100% repulsive I don't care what it is we are talking about.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:54:52 PM EDT
[#43]
If you were hitting it (the chick), she wouldn't be partying with queers.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:14:48 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
If you were hitting it (the chick), she wouldn't be partying with queers.
View Quote

[b]HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLY CRAP!!!!!![/b]

You're not going to take that are you??

ARE YOU?????

WHOA!!! people in my old neighborhood had their legs broken for less reason than that remark!!!
[BD]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:43:15 AM EDT
[#45]
I never have been able to figure out what the big deal is over gays. Well besides the fact that two hot broads (or more) doing each other is great. but really what difference does it make to me that two guys like each other enough to be in a relationship? does it affect me in any way? Nope, but I will tell you this, chicks like to hang with gay guys because they feel safe around them, the guys don't hit on them and the girls can be more at ease and not so defensive, like they have to be at a typical party. You missed a golden opportunity here man, there were probably a ton of wicked chicks at the party, all who you could have had an easy non-confrontational meeting with. Much easier to get a women to warm up to you if she is not in attack mode when you go up to her. Plus maybe this was test from this chick, you probably missed out on her pretty pink panties that night.

One other little brain storm. Think of it this way, all those gay guys are meaning that there are less guys chasing women, which gives you a much better chance to find one.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 3:39:21 AM EDT
[#46]
Wow.  Lot's of responses.

I'd like to say a few things....

1>  I still don't understand how I can be called a bigot for not liking something.  It's not like said "I am going to kill that mofo", I simply said that I don't like it and don't want to be around it.  Using the bigot logic, one could make the argument that most people are bigots in one form or another.

2>  I hold my personal beliefs very dear to me.  I will not roll over on them just to impress some chick.  To those of you who say that this whole mess could lead to a threesome...that crap only happens in the penthouse forums.  if there is one thing i've learned in my life, it is that you should be honest from the start and it will prevent problems down the line.  

Well, anyhow, I don't think I will be hitting this woman anytime soon.  I'll keep trying though.  

Link Posted: 12/29/2002 4:12:08 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I still don't understand how I can be called a bigot for not liking something.  
View Quote

I proudly wear the bigot badge because I am bigoted about many issues; guns, politics, people, religion....
Here's the problem your having: Any time a liberal(your girl) runs into someone(you) who is unwavering, uncompromising or not subject to their emotionally driven "logic" is a bigot.

Stand your ground man!  Damn the liberal torpedoes!
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:04:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Ire, I'll take mercy on you- send her by my place and I'll tune her up for ya!

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 10:56:40 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So, I am talking to that liberal chick that I've posted about before.  

Last night, her and a bunch of her friends are going to this guys house.  She asks if I'd like to go and I ask about this guy, since I don't him at all.  

Her:  "well, he's real cool.  he lives with his boyfriend"

Me:  "boyfriend?"

Her:  "yeah, he's gay and not afraid to let people know"

Me:  "tell you what, I think i will stay in tonight.  Frankly, I don't want to see that sort of thing, since I find it digusting"

Her:  "So, you don't like gay people"

Me:  "It's not a question of like or dislike, rather the fact that I think that is wrong and I don't want to be around it and I certainly don't want it shoved in my face"

Her:  "so, you're a bigot"

Me:  "No, as I said, I find it digusting"

Me: "no, I think that is wrong too"

This went on and on.  I know some of you will say why do you even talk to this chick and the only reason i have is that she is hot.  

Wonderful.

Oh, IBTL.

View Quote

it is disgusting, thank god for AIDS!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top