Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/27/2002 6:02:32 PM EDT
I work on a remote road ajoining the local Law Enforcment Training Facility.  For 7 years, I have walked down the road from gate to gate locking up and checking site security of our facility at closing time. It is part of the evening routine around here.  Our last gate is located next to the academy front gate.  Today, one of the sheriffs deputies that was locking up their gate totally wigs when he sees me, freaks because I am carrying a radio, like it was a bomb or something( we carry radios we cover 100 acres and have a dispatcher), gives me the spotlight, hands out of the pockets, why are your hands in your pockets bullshit( it is 30 degreees with 25 mph wind here today), demands ID, I provide ID and employee badge, asks what I am doing there(WTF???)I work there.  He starts with that shitty cop atitude and gets all shitty when I tell him I work here and point to the brightly lit complex in front of us, like he does not notice the 15 acre building in front of him.  He actually looked over at the collection of lighted buildings and said,"OH, there???".   He wants to know whats in my pocket, again I mention the screaming wind and  air temp.  I get a lecture for making a poopy face, I explain that for 7 years none of the other 500 regular cops have ever so much as waved a friggin hello, much less gone all "felony stop" on me.  10 minutes of crap and an I.D. check and off he goes.

I know all the usual "just doing my job crap", but, give me a break. This guy was wearing sweats and a ski cap.  He asked why I was slow in complying with his orders, I told him he has no uniform, no ID visible and his car has no visible department designation.  For all I know he could be taking the car to fleet services for an oil change.  The second officer that stopped hears me and explains this is a new "test car" and tells the first guy to ease up.  I told him it does not look like a valid car,it is shiny black with silver wavy strips, a fancy logo that just says Sheriff and a light bar.  No county designation, no car number,no stupid "call #911" sticker on the trunk nothing. It looks like shit from JC Whitney.

I am not a criminal, criminals think I look like a frigging cop and run away, my cop buddies are always trying to get me to join and work with them. I hate that shitty attitude some of cops have, I don't want to live life treating everybody I meet like a criminal so I pass on the invite.

It was very apparent I was not in need of assistance, was supposed to be there, was not lurking or sneaking, had no criminal intent and still I get the attitude and flipped crap.  I complied with his demands, provided ID, answered questions correctly and still get the attitude.  All from a guy in a funny looking car with no ID, wearing sweats and a ski cap.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:08:11 PM EDT
[#1]
[|)]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:12:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I ain't saying nothin', or I'll get IM'ed by a mod again.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:19:27 PM EDT
[#5]
In
Before
The Whining
LEO
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
My next door neighbor is a PO, and a good man.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:26:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I told him he has no uniform, no ID visible
View Quote

I hate that.  Like we're just supposed to "know" it's a cop.  I even see officers around here wearing blue jeans and T-shirts.   It wasn't that long ago that you only saw farmers and thugs wear such.z
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:27:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Some people power trip just because they can.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:31:08 PM EDT
[#9]
How many times does one have to get F'd by a cop before it is OK to dislike them?
Is it acceptable to "cop" an attitude after they steal from you? What about after illegal searches? Beatings? Having to endure general purpose personally demeaning statements and actions?
Just curious, in my line of work I rip off or disrespect a customer I wouldn't expect a christmas card from them. How about you police officers? What sort of special treatment should you get?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]
I hate the KINGSHIT attitude that many cops have. I've been in the Correctional field for 10 yrs. now. Ihave really learned to dislike inmates a whole lot. However I still don't needlessly harrass them scumbuckets. Cops like that make ordinary poeple hate and distrust them. I don't trust a cop for nothing.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:55:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to try really hard to like non-LEO's, but I gave it up for Lent several years ago.  Even though I have had many positive contacts with citizens, one night this old lady yelled at me and called me bad names when I wrote her a ticket.  Right there and then I decided that I would hate all non-LEO's.  See, they're all on a power trip- they figure that their taxes pay my salary, so they can treat me like crap.  Bastards.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#12]
County?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#13]
I like cops, cops are fun.  I especially like tickets.  There is nothing like a ticket!

Most cops are good guys.  Then there are the ones who have no control at home so they over do it in the field.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#14]
If a guy I don't know starts ordering me around, I sure as hell wont comply until he produces a badge and ID.  If he produces a gun without the badge and ID, he will most definitely see the end of my barrel as well!

USPC40

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=476[/img]
[url=www.nra.org][b][red]NRA[/red][/url] [url=www.nra.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.gunowners.org][b][red]GOA[/red] [/url] [url=www.gunowners.org][blue]Life Member[/blue][/url]
[url=www.saf.org][red]SAF[/red][/url] [url=www.saf.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/url]
[url=sas-aim.org][red]SAS[/red][/url] [url=sas-aim.org][blue]Supporter[/blue][/b][/url]

[img]photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=469[/img]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#15]
I dont live on the coast.  I'd like to not have this forwarded to any easily offended members of law enforcement from my area. I happen to work next door to the training complex and do not mind that in the least, some of it is neat to watch.

I just happen to think if you are stopping someone and have the gaul to imply you are, " seeing if I needed help or checking to see if I was lost", you should to least pretend to be polite.

I do not dislike cops, I do not have ill feelings towards this particular guy.  I just happen to think he could have been a lot nicer and less of a hardass.  Its not like I was poorly dressed, unwashed, appeared intoxicated or disoriented , I complied with his commands and was not rude.  

Like I said, 7 years and this is the first time anyone has even expressed more than a glance.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I dont live on the coast.  I'd like to not have this forwarded to any easily offended members of law enforcement from my area. I happen to work next door to the training complex and do not mind that in the least, some of it is neat to watch.

I just happen to think if you are stopping someone and have the gaul to imply you are, " seeing if I needed help or checking to see if I was lost", you should to least pretend to be polite.

I do not dislike cops, I do not have ill feelings towards this particular guy.  I just happen to think he could have been a lot nicer and less of a hardass.  Its not like I was poorly dressed, unwashed, appeared intoxicated or disoriented , I complied with his commands and was not rude.  

Like I said, 7 years and this is the first time anyone has even expressed more than a glance.
View Quote

Perhaps your thread topic could have been "I met this asshole today" or "Boy SOME cops/ditch diggers/bank tellers/teachers/candlestick makers/security guards/PEOPLE/HUMANS/WTF ever sure are hard to like."

Too many people bitch about LEOs lumping them in one pile, while in the same breath, they do it to us...

My new thread should be, "I used to give a shit what people though about me but I got over it."

Just my opinion. Sorry you met a jackass. There are a bunch of them in this mean ole world. Watch out, they come in all shapes, sizes and colors.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:40:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I like cops, in general.  They do a tough job that most of wouldn't want.   But, the fact is that there is a certain percentage of them that are true blue, dyed-in-the-wool, incurable @$$holes.  This is true of all walks of life, but it's made worse by the simple fact that the cop has a certain measure of authority, and therefore he has the power to impose his @$$holishness on you whether you want to hear it or not.

Honest truth here:  I've noticed that the shorter a cop is, the more likely he is to be an @$$hole.  Any cop over six feet tall is going to be a cool character to deal with, but any cop under 5'6" is almost guaranteed to have the major attitude happening.

Fortunately, the great majority of cops are just fine.

CJ

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:42:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I used to try really hard to like non-LEO's, but I gave it up for Lent several years ago.  Even though I have had many positive contacts with citizens, one night this old lady yelled at me and called me bad names when I wrote her a ticket.  Right there and then I decided that I would hate all non-LEO's.  See, they're all on a power trip- they figure that their taxes pay my salary, so they can treat me like crap.  Bastards.
View Quote

On the nose, Bro... On the nose!  [:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:45:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Here we go again. Isn't this topic getting a little long in the tooth???How about some fresh ideas and a little less bitching.....
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:49:39 PM EDT
[#20]
My office is on one end of town, and my house is on the other, very near the Police station and city hall. Occasionally, I will work late. Real late. Like college-cramming-for-a-final late. So one time, about 0430, I'm headed home (about 3 mi. from office, straight shot) and since I'm bleary and worn, I'm just kind of poking along. Probably doing less than 30 in a 35. I notice a car behind me, but don't really give a shit. I just wanna go home. There are a total of 7 traffic lights between office and home. At #6, a block away from the PD, he hits me with the works - strobes, take-downs, cherries, everything. So I stop at the green light.

PO walks up, shines his 92-cell Maglight RIGHT in my face, so I cover my eyes. He asks me what I'm doing out this late and lowers the light. I look him right in the eye and reply, "Going home after a long day at work. What about you?"

Long, uncomfortable silence.

"What's your address"

Give my address.

"OK. Go home. Get some sleep."

Now, I figure this could have gone a couple of ways following my semi-smartass tone of voice when I answered his first question. But I think that I reached him with my human, honest answer. I'm just a schmucky engineer that likes to go home to his wife and kids. On that level, he and I were the same.

He could have detained me, ran my license, asked a bunch of silly questions, and eventually let me go. But, he didn't. He was just doing his job in stopping me. Once he was clear that I wasn't stoned out of my guord, he let me go.

I wish that the guy that harassed you had been human enough to realize that you, too, were just trying to finish up your job and go home.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:01:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Here we go again. Isn't this topic getting a little long in the tooth???How about some fresh ideas and a little less bitching.....
View Quote

We're close.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]
You should have tried to get to know the cops who WORK NEXT TO YOU instead of blowing them off for 7 years.
Oh wait, you're "lone[b]olyhater[/b]gunman", that explains it.

Never mind! [x]

I work on a remote road ajoining the local Law Enforcment Training Facility. For 7 years, I have walked down the road from gate to gate locking up and checking site security of our facility at closing time. It is part of the evening routine around here. Our last gate is located next to the academy front gate. Today, one of the sheriffs deputies that was locking up their gate totally wigs when he sees me, freaks because I am carrying a radio, like it was a bomb or something( we carry radios we cover 100 acres and have a dispatcher), gives me the spotlight, hands out of the pockets, why are your hands in your pockets bullshit( it is 30 degreees with 25 mph wind here today), demands ID, I provide ID and employee badge, asks what I am doing there(WTF???)I work there. He starts with that shitty cop atitude and gets all shitty when I tell him I work here and point to the brightly lit complex in front of us, like he does not notice the 15 acre building in front of him. He actually looked over at the collection of lighted buildings and said,"OH, there???". He wants to know whats in my pocket, again I mention the screaming wind and air temp. I get a lecture for making a poopy face, I explain that for 7 years none of the other 500 regular cops have ever so much as waved a friggin hello, much less gone all "felony stop" on me. 10 minutes of crap and an I.D. check and off he goes.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
... since I'm bleary and worn, I'm just kind of poking along. Probably doing less than 30 in a 35. I notice a car behind me, but don't really give a shit. I just wanna go home. There are a total of 7 traffic lights between office and home. At #6, a block away from the PD, he hits me with the works - strobes, take-downs, cherries, everything. So I stop at the green light.
View Quote

How amazing is it that there's "probable cause" to stop a vehicle for going UNDER the speed limit when no other traffic violations have been committed...
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#24]
Yeah, that's what caused me to respond in a snide manner.

Then again, if there's a car poking along down my street at Oh-Dark-Thirty, I'm gonna be more than a little curious about what's going on.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:03:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Amazing. You have friends that are cops. IN 7 years you have never been harassed - you admit that. You also estimated 500 previous occasions where a cop saw you closing up.

Despite this, this one incident makes it hard for you to like cops. I can't help but wonder if the same warped sense of perception explains your feelings toward South Korea that you expressed [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=161559&w=myTopicPop]here[/url]?

Adam
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:18:50 PM EDT
[#26]
OK , before bed, I will address the little gripes in order to help out the masses.

Why did I not go over and get to know my neighbors?  I work at my job and they have work to do I am sure, bringing cookies and hanging out is not part of either job.

500 cops drive by and once I get harassed so I am distorted??  EVERY cop for three counties can see where I work and what I am doing, my co-workers and I are the only non-LEO types in he area, carrying radios, driving company trucks, working in the area. This one particular guy out of 500 found it distressing enough to stop me and get in a huff, why is that my problem??

Do you have some strange love for Korea? I enjoyed a riot there,watching the rocks and bottles fly. I  got to watch Koreans bum rush an American bar and stab a few guys for being American and enjoy the ensueing street fight?  I worked directly with them and heard how we are keeping the two Koreas from uniting. If you like them so damn much, go save them.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 12:33:30 AM EDT
[#27]
How I learned not to dislike LEOs as a whole.

Simple. I humanized them.

LEOs are no different than plumbers or any other working stiff. The 80/20 law applies here.

80% of the plumbers will do a good job for you at a fair price. 20% will really stick it to you in a heartbeat.

Same thing applies to LEOs. About 80% of them are pretty good people that are trying to do a good job. These guys are generally there for the right reason.

20% of them are in the business for all of the wrong reasons.

No difference here between LEOs and plumbers.

There are a few LEOs I can't stand. Once I saw one get the living shit whaled out of him and just sat there and laughed my ass off.

Another time, I jumped into a fray to help one out. Got a pretty good knot on the head for it, too, but for that particular officer, I'd do it again.

Both cops got what they deserved from me.

Incidentally, if you have a LEGITIMATE problem with a LEO, report it! Good LEOs have their lives made pretty difficult with the bad rap they get from the 20% of the clowns in their ranks. Enough reports of bad behavior and most PDs will get rid of the officer.

Hey, you'd report a plumber that stiffed you to the BBB, wouldn't you?

BTW I grew up in the 60s and it has taken me YEARS to come to this attitude. Back then, the Police departments were chock-full of 1st class jerks. I'll admit that losing my predjudice toward LEOs has been damned difficult, having been bashed around by a few of them as a younger person.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:13:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Oh that's gonna go over like a lead ballon! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:31:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:42:22 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:34:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I met one of the 20% ones earlier this year.  I was driving home in my cop magnet (2001 Mustang GT).  I've owned the car almost 2 years now and know what a cop magnet it is.  Anyway I have my mirror on the night setting because a previous tailgator.  I take off at the next light and have another tailgator.  The speed limit is 45mph.  Its a 3 lane (I'm in the middle one) road I get up to 45mph and setting the cruise for 45mph.  This tailgator gets even closer about 8 feet now.  So as we start down a hill, I turn my right signal and shift into 3rd and accelerate upto about 55mph and left off the gas and shift into 4th again, as the car comes down to about 50mph.  That tailgator comes into my lane, tailgating distance again and then 'lights me up'  Where he lights me up the speed goes down to 35mph.  He comes up to the car and says I was going 70mph and maintaining it.  So he wrote the ticket for 70 in a 35 and reckless driving.  I asked why was he tailgating me? He said that wasn't him.  I ask what form of speed measurement did he use.  He 'paced' me.  I admit that I was doing about 15 over the limit since the speed just dropped to 35, he doesn't care and wrote the ticket for reckless (took him almost 1/2 hour to do this too).
[pyro]

I get a lawyer and go to court.  There's a law in VA that a 'Emergency Vehicle' (police cars are not exempt) cannot go over the speed limit without lights and siren, because he wrote the ticket for 70 in a 35 for him to pace me doing that he would have needed to do 70.  Now can I honestly believe that he was pacing me all the way from the previous 45 to 70 with lights and siren on? and I still went up to 70 (maybe if I was a crackhead!), but it court that didn't matter.  It gets reduced to 54 in a 35 not reckless but it will be on my record for 5 yrs now.  
[heavy]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 6:20:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 7:50:27 AM EDT
[#33]
Most Americans hate someone having authority over them.  It is in our nature as a free people.

Police derive their authority from our Republican form of government.  We vote for a lesser of two evils (LOTE).  The LOTE uses their office for personal gain or power.  The LOTE passes laws.  The police enforces those laws sometimes.  The police only has to answer to the LOTE.  The police are like thugs working for crime bosses.

I am a law abiding citizen who has never been arrested or even had a ticket.  However I have a couple of problems with police.

First they tend to do the easy jobs and not the hard ones.  My youngest son is  a senior in high school and he said that drugs are rampant in his schools.  He can drive around town and point out know drug suppliers.  He said the the local drug Mafia is well know in the communtiy.  They are mostly Mexican illegals.  They are tough and carry guns and the cops won't hardly touch them.  How come they won't do anything about it?  Could it be that the work of shutting down these assholes is a little too tough for them?  Meanwhile my son can hardly go out at night and not get pulled over by a cop.  It is easy to pull over a 17 year old kid.  It is hard to go after a known drug supplier.  Heck, you get get your ass kicked by them or something.

The second problem I have is the lack of respect that the 20% asshole cops have for law abiding citizens.  My wife is one of the nicest and respectful people you will ever meet.  She had been treated like crap several times by shitass cops for very very minor infractions (going 38 in a 35MPH zone).

I'm very afraid that if I ever get challenged by a cop for having one of my weapons I may do something stupid.  I don't think any LOTE or cop in the United States has the right to violate my second Amendment right.  This may cause a bad day for me and also for the cop.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:42:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I jumped out of my car (Porsche) and pulled my gun and ordered him to the ground.
View Quote

But, but.....
I thought cops didn't make a good wage...
A Porsche?
Wow, I must have been misinformed.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:42:44 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I went looking for the guy and found him walking, I radioed where I was.  I jumped out of my car (Porsche) and pulled my gun and ordered him to the ground.  He went down and I radioed I had him at gunpoint.  Then the guy starts freaking out begging me not to shoot him and telling me he doesn't have any money.  I was like "Oh shit!" this guy doesn't realize I'm a cop.
View Quote

If a person pulled up near me in a non-police car and pulled a gun on me I would have shot him no questions asked, and I probably wouldn't have let him get the drop on me.   Most likely I would have shot him or at him repeatedly until I could get to cover and or the threat ceased.  (1* mine)    [shock]  

Here's some quotes from Beretta Guru Ernest Langdon that I live and train by:

Your focus in a fight must be on taking out the threat, not worrying about how not to get shot.  

You must work from the assumption that in a gun fight, you will get shot but must fight on anyway.

"The best cover is rapid accurate fire directed at your enemy."

When you need to be shooting, you need to be shooting.  Anything that takes time and effort away from that is a drain on precious resources.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 8:58:57 AM EDT
[#36]
That [driving safely] is one of the defined things we look for in DUI enforcement. It is a VERY valid reason to stop. Especially late at night.
View Quote

So, if we speed we get stopped and if we drive under the limit we get stopped?  Why not just be honest about it and say "we stop anyone we damn well please?"z
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Amazing. You have friends that are cops. IN 7 years you have never been harassed - you admit that. You also estimated 500 previous occasions where a cop saw you closing up.

Despite this, this one incident makes it hard for you to like cops. I can't help but wonder if the same warped sense of perception explains your feelings toward South Korea that you expressed [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=161559&w=myTopicPop]here[/url]?

Adam
View Quote

Think about what you just said. The only contact he has ever had with these people are VERY NEGATIVE, Its seems reasonable to think most cops are that way.

He was kinda saying I know there are 3 million police officers in the U.S. and have actually seen about 5,000 up close. However I have only had contact with 5 of them and they had a very shitty attitude and displayed a power trip. So my conclusion is, Cop`s suck.

Sounds reasonable to me.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:12:56 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
That [driving safely] is one of the defined things we look for in DUI enforcement. It is a VERY valid reason to stop. Especially late at night.
View Quote

So, if we speed we get stopped and if we drive under the limit we get stopped?  Why not just be honest about it and say "we stop anyone we damn well please?"z
View Quote

Exactly.  I was traveling about 5 under the speed limit in a known speed trap for out-of-state vehicles in southern Ohio.  Dumbass local cop tries to tell me that I was going about 7 over.  He stole my drivers license and wouldn't return it, and gave me a ticket for the amount he claimed I was over the speed limit.  I told him that I was not appearing in court, or paying the ticket.  He told me they would get a warrant for me.  I said to go ahead and get one.  Fortunately, I had a passenger, so I had a witness to my actual speed, and the ensuing argument.  I blew off the court appearance and never paid the fine, and interestingly enough the court returned my driver's license in the mail with a note that the charge had been dropped.  I hope I was not the only one who was not pinched in that revenue raising racket, whether it was municipality directed, or the individual cop who was pocketing the money on those traffic stops of out-of-state travelers.  
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#39]
most cops are jerks, they were the kind of kids that got beat up in high school and now they want to do the bullying, you know the kind of punk that would run and tell the teacher if you were smoking in the bath room or something

so they grow up with the feeling of being weak, get a badge and a gun and start becoming exactly what they hated.

and then again some cops are just really good people with a heart of gold, that know what is going on in america, and have just infilltrated the system, those are the ones i like.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:54:42 AM EDT
[#40]
I have not had a run-in with a "bad" cop, but I read about them every day. Any cop who wants my trust or respect will have to earn it, just like any other person. The uniform raises the bar.

One thing that would help a lot for cops who want to maintain my respect is to take down the blue wall. If one of your kind misbehaves, let it be known that you disapprove of his behavior. If he injures or kills somebody other than in defense, crucify him, make sure he goes to jail for assault & battery or murder.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 10:13:22 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
most cops are jerks, they were the kind of kids that got beat up in high school and now they want to do the bullying, you know the kind of punk that would run and tell the teacher if you were smoking in the bath room or something

so they grow up with the feeling of being weak, get a badge and a gun and start becoming exactly what they hated.
View Quote

They then spend a couple years at the local junior college taking G.E. classes until they have to do "something", so they go into the AJ program because "that'll be easy".[rolleyes]
Seen it happen, over and over.........
ed; IBTL!!!!
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:11:44 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:13:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:43:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Honest truth here:  I've noticed that the shorter a cop is, the more likely he is to be an @$$hole.  Any cop over six feet tall is going to be a cool character to deal with, but any cop under 5'6" is almost guaranteed to have the major attitude happening.
View Quote

I never noticed this before but it is true.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:47:48 PM EDT
[#45]
"How amazing is it that there's "probable cause" to stop a vehicle for going UNDER the speed limit when no other traffic violations have been committed...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That is one of the defined things we look for in DUI enforcement. It is a VERY valid reason to stop. Especially late at night."

let me get this straight...

you are trained to look for for vehicles going UNDER the speed limit and for vehicles going OVER the speed limit???

sheesh.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:47:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
... since I'm bleary and worn, I'm just kind of poking along. Probably doing less than 30 in a 35. I notice a car behind me, but don't really give a shit. I just wanna go home. There are a total of 7 traffic lights between office and home. At #6, a block away from the PD, he hits me with the works - strobes, take-downs, cherries, everything. So I stop at the green light.
View Quote

How amazing is it that there's "probable cause" to stop a vehicle for going UNDER the speed limit when no other traffic violations have been committed...
View Quote

That is one of the defined things we look for in DUI enforcement.  It is a VERY valid reason to stop.  Especially late at night.  
View Quote

So driving over the speed limit is a crime and driving under the speed limit is PC for a stop ? Then what the fuck are we supposed to do drive staring at the speedometer making sure we drive the EXACT speed limit ? Give me a break.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Most Americans hate someone having authority over them.  It is in our nature as a free people.

Police derive their authority from our Republican form of government.  We vote for a lesser of two evils (LOTE).  The LOTE uses their office for personal gain or power.  The LOTE passes laws.  The police enforces those laws sometimes.  The police only has to answer to the LOTE.  The police are like thugs working for crime bosses.

I am a law abiding citizen who has never been arrested or even had a ticket.  However I have a couple of problems with police.

First they tend to do the easy jobs and not the hard ones.  My youngest son is  a senior in high school and he said that drugs are rampant in his schools.  He can drive around town and point out know drug suppliers.  He said the the local drug Mafia is well know in the communtiy.  They are mostly Mexican illegals.  They are tough and carry guns and the cops won't hardly touch them.  How come they won't do anything about it?  Could it be that the work of shutting down these assholes is a little too tough for them?  Meanwhile my son can hardly go out at night and not get pulled over by a cop.  It is easy to pull over a 17 year old kid.  It is hard to go after a known drug supplier.  Heck, you get get your ass kicked by them or something.

The second problem I have is the lack of respect that the 20% asshole cops have for law abiding citizens.  My wife is one of the nicest and respectful people you will ever meet.  She had been treated like crap several times by shitass cops for very very minor infractions (going 38 in a 35MPH zone).

I'm very afraid that if I ever get challenged by a cop for having one of my weapons I may do something stupid.  I don't think any LOTE or cop in the United States has the right to violate my second Amendment right.  This may cause a bad day for me and also for the cop.
View Quote

I agree 100%.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:01:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 2:52:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Driving substantially under the speed limit is also a violation if it's impeding traffic.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 3:49:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I would not go as far as 80% decent and 20 % shitheads.  Locally it appears to be 99.8% decent .2% shitheads.  Of the hundreds of LEO's that pass daily in my area, a very few simply stop and ask if you are heading to work, occasionally they have exercises in the road and we really do not want to play, only ONE got his panties in a knot.  Of all the guys that ever worked or trained there in neary 8 years ONE became a total NAZI.

Am I going to lock the gates and turn on the sprinklers next time they need the parking lots for felony stop training or riot drills?  Not hardly, this guy might be the king of the assholes but I am not.  

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top