Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2014 10:04:48 PM EDT
I don't know much about computers, but I upgraded this one with a 1TB Hard drive, and 4 Gb of ram.
When I try to watch a video on Facebook its so choppy It wont even play well enough to tell what it is sometimes.
On youtube, the videos will freeze this thing up and make me continue or close a plugin
Videos will maybe work if I have only one window open at a time.
Any more cheap easy upgrades to fix this? I don't know where to start with graphic cards if thats the problem.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:10:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Run ---> MSCONFIG ----> Startup ----> disable all and restart.

Come back when done.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Done. Thanks, but still choppy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:27:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Video card

What type of ram

What type of mobo?

On and on and on.

Time to get a new computer.
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#4]
If your complaints are chiefly about internet problems, maybe it's your internet service?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 10:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Video card ???

What type of ram CMS?

What type of mobo????

On and on and on.

Time to get a new computer. Might be best, but my fiance has Windows 8 and I fucking hate it! that seems to be the only one I can find in a new laptop
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:16:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Video card...my 2 cents worth...  helped my HP desktop......Vista , 3 meg ram, quad core....
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:23:24 AM EDT
[#7]
That should play videos fine.  

Download latest video card drivers (generic intel 4500 drivers straight from intel) and make sure the setting is for max performance not battery life.  Download a video codec package like ffdshow and divx.  Should fix 99% of video playback issues.

Upgraded video card is impossible.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 2:27:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If your complaints are chiefly about internet problems, maybe it's your internet service?
View Quote

This. Ya'll are making this too hard. The lowest end video card you can get now will play videos just fine. An old 2004 laptop we have that was a fairly low end one at the time plays videos fine.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

This. Ya'll are making this too hard. The lowest end video card you can get now will play videos just fine. An old 2004 laptop we have that was a fairly low end one at the time plays videos fine.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Internet is fine other devices and Fiancees laptop works fine.
Where can I download the new video drivers?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top