Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2002 9:57:51 PM EDT
Can you provide me with some sort of proof? I am a non-believer, and there is a pretty simple explanation. If someone can get a tape of the Rodney King beating, another can leak out the bombing video, and someone has video of the first plane hitting the WTC (rest in peace), then why can't we get a clear unmolested picture of a real flying alien craft? Please give me some proof so I can stop thinking it is nothing more than a true waste of space.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe in illegal aliens... In fact, I've seen plenty.... Can't get the INS to do anything about them though...
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I believe in illegal aliens... In fact, I've seen plenty.... Can't get the INS to do anything about them though...
View Quote

I am talking about extraterrestrials, but do you think that would be something handled by the INS?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:01:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I am talking about extraterrestrials, but do you think that would be something handled by the INS?
View Quote

From what I've seen, there isn't anything handled by the INS.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:42:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I just wanted to be a 14% contributor...[BD]

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:42:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:44:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:46:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 12:51:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

[red]I am talking about extraterrestrials[/red], but do you think that would be something handled by the INS?
View Quote

You ain't seen the illegal aliens around here.
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 3:18:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Even if intelligent technological life is so rare that it only happens on about every billionth planet or so, the Universe would still be teeming with life. If they were out there, there would be some evidence of other technological societies, detecable from Earth. There isn't any detectable evidence, so you get the "Fermi Paradox;" the Universe should be teeming with life , and there should be observable signs (radio, in particular), but there isn't. So what has happened to all of the other life? Either it is very rare, or it doesn't last very long (or it is a good idea to hide).
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 3:55:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Doesn't anyone out there besides me believe that some of the video that has been shot of UFOs is real? Remember that one of them flying over Mexico City for like 2 months? I truly think that a lot of "proof" that people have found is bull, but I also think that there is some good evidence of somethings that are not of this world on film and video.

My point is this - It all can't be BS.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:18:29 AM EDT
[#11]
et?  maybe.
Art Bell was talking about [url=http://www.artbell.com/rods.html]rods[/url] a while back and i am at a loss as to how to explain them.  unless they are a 4' piece of broom stick with some crape paper wings stuck on.  
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:20:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I think it would be extremely arrogant and selfish of us to think that WE are the only life forms in the universe.

Who knows...we are probably the "new kids on the block" relatively speaking. Earth has probably been visited prior to homo erectus existing.

Just my humble opinion.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:11:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Is there other life in the universe?
Sure.
Is there other intelligent life?
Probably.
Has it come here?
No, probably not.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:42:52 AM EDT
[#14]
My sister and I saw a UFO when I was about 12 years old.  I've been a believer ever since.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:50:03 AM EDT
[#15]
When santa stopped by the other day he told me he had to go, it was a long ride to the next planet in another universe where he had to deliver.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:52:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I got one of these for xmas...

Its sitting at my work desk right now..

I'm waiting for someone to be bothered by it and be told to remove it. [:)]
[img]images.auctionworks.com/hi/6/6023/alienskulla.jpg[/img]

so... what more proof do you need?

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 5:57:35 AM EDT
[#17]
Cluster - Just tell people you got it for [b]Christ[/b]mas, and people will surely object.

I believe in UFOs. By that I mean that every year, thousands of people see (or at least think they see) things in the sky that they cannot explain. These people come from all walks of life - peasants, scientists, airline pilots, utility workers, soldiers.

I do not, however, believe in "flying saucers", i.e. vehicles carrying intelligent beings from outer space.

The truth may be out there, but the proof ain't.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:37:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Is there other life in the universe?
Sure.
Is there other intelligent life?
Probably.
Has it come here?
No, probably not.
View Quote

I'll second that.

As for UFO's, I'll believe it when I see it.  Imagine what people thought in the early 80's when they saw a stealth bomber fly overhead on a test flight.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:41:58 AM EDT
[#19]
Yeah, it's all swap gas![rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:52:30 AM EDT
[#20]
I was living in Phoenix when that REALLY big "V" shaped craft flew over the valley.

My neighbor (ex-marine) and I were having a beer on my patio when it silently floated overhead.

That was no fake. Jets were scrambled from the nearby base. That was no fake or test either.

I find it hard to believe that the military would test any new technology over a major city just to see what would happen.

Somethings going on.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 7:54:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone watch the new Star Trek 'Enterprise'?

Great line in one episode.  The Vulcan chickie was talking about not disturbing pre-warp cultures and landing in remote areas to minimize 'contamination.'  Captain says, "Gee, that must be why all those UFO sightings were made by farmers and such."

The universe is a damn big place, there's got to be something else out there besides us.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:00:31 AM EDT
[#22]
GummyBear: I remember hearing about it, can you refresh my memory please...
I think they had some poor video of the V craft thing comprised of lights?
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:38:18 AM EDT
[#23]
While I do believe in "aliens", I doubt They've made it here yet. It takes light and sound an assload of time to get here, so I don't really see a charter of E.T.'s heading here.

I also tend to believe that 'some' of the "UFO's" that people see, really ARE some of Our Military test craft. (Of course, We stole the designs from the Aliens!)
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Crooked Aliens DO Exist !:

[img]http://rbad.ar15.com/anti3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:40:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Kalifornia! They have tons of aliens...I sees um!

Now if you are talking about outerspace aliens, there has to be other life out in space. The chances that were are the only life in the universe, which stretches over billions of miles, over billions of years, is not probable.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:42:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Strange how with every episode of star trek, more people have the selfish beliefs that any life would care to visit here. I find it strange that as soon as someone talks about mars and life, people begin reporting strange ships. (These strange occurances also began in earnest right around the time when the government began "black" projects in earnest) I think they just have some crazy stuff, and when it is sighted by someone they let the "alien" craze cover it up for them. As a side note...who really cares if their is life on other planets? Why would we want them? we have enough idiots in this country as it is. no need to try to introduce another class of ignorant voters.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 8:52:22 AM EDT
[#27]
You mean to tell Me We've made it to the second page of posts without a single 'Jackson' pic ??

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:06:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Not sure here.  My wife and I were camping one night and the sky was clear so we were watching for shooting stars etc.  One comes fallng down like normal so no big deal then it makes a 90 deg turn and travels then falls again then another turn...it did this 3 - 4 times as it went from straight overhead down to the treeline/horizon.  Very strange behavior.  If you like scifi books with some decent science try the Stephan Baxter books (Manifold Space, Manifold Time and Manifold Origin).  The books offer different perspectives as to why there is alien life or why there isn't alien life.  At the end of each book your like that makes sense then the next book takes the counter point and that one makes sense.  Very thought provoking arguments though.

Until they take my guns are infringe on my way of life I don't care.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#29]
I agree that it would be the height of arrogance to think that in an infinite universe, we are the only intelligent life.

echo6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top