Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 9:21:06 PM EDT
Okay....I need some advice from the more battle hardened troops here.....

Original plan was that my brother would come down and visit the family over the Christmas holiday, arriving on the 22nd and staying past New Years. Well, that didn't happen, and it was shifted to somewhere around the 27th or so. Supposedly there was a major thing at work going on that he was involved with. Now I just found out it's going to be the 27th, and maybe till the 30th...and it was not work, but his g/f (Let me sum up - they've been together for four years, he's not ready to get married, she's been dying for the ring since before I can honestly recall, and he's showing more and more signs of pussy-whip-itis despite 'going to break up soon'...oh, did I mention she's liberal, in that she's probably several steps to the left of Hitlery?). To make matters worse, he's coming in tomorrow, and he's just dropped the word that he's bringing the g/f (it more seems like she insinuated herself into the trip).

Now, I'm generally a very easy-going guy. I take the track of 'you don't step in my shit, I won't step in yours', so I usually don't have a problem dealing with her...she's actually kinda nice, except when she's giving my bro shit. Prob is, my mom is going nuts. They've got a major dislike vibe going (mom and the g/f), and she's doubly miffed because this has just been dropped on her at the last minute (sleeping arrangments, prepping the house/furniture, general dealing with extra guests). Tensions are high, and they will no doubt get worse. There will guaranteed be two things happening: she will give my bro shit, and family relations will take a [b]major[/b] nosedive.

I at this point have abso-fucking-lutely NO IDEA what to do. I'm pissed at her for throwing this gigantic wrench into things, I'm pissed at my bro because he didn't even give ME any real warning of this, and I'm pissed at myself for not having seen this shit coming. The question is this: should I worry myself about the family relations, or deal with things as I feel? I WILL drop some thermonuclear whoop-ass if she gives myself, my bro, or my mom, ANY shit whatsoever. Prob is, however much I give, she'll just give to my bro on the journey back.
I'm pretty much accepting the fact that this one's probably it (I've been hearing it'll be over 'soon' for over two years now......yeah right. Hey, it's his life....I he loves her, more power to him, and I hope they're happy), so I feel kinda stuck between rock and a hard place....if I just shut up and take it, my mom will get upset that I'm not standing up for the family, and if I go off I'm just making my brother's life worse (she is a QUEEN of making him miserable when something goes wrong)...what should I do?

I've already planned on going shooting Saturday morning....should at least help calm my nerves. Somehow I doubt she'll like the sight of an AR-15 close up.....hehehe...

And I swear, if even ONE of you perverts asks for a pic, I'll drop my instant camera off at the 1-hour place and give them to you (she's actually very pretty)!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:25:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:32:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Pictures, please. [:D]
ETA - Take the chicky shooting!  You might make a convert!
View Quote

Yeah, and if you cant covert her you can just shoot her! [:)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:33:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Take the pic shooting with you.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:40:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Getting pissed off is a BIG waste of your time when it doesnt DIRECTLY involve you. Are you living with her? Is your mom living with her? Is she around 24/7? No? Dont waste your time getting your balls in a knot and your descending colon in a bunch.

Deal with it for a few days and like a cold... she will just go away.

If you guys strain the relationship between you and your brother... it will only make them closer.

DrFrige

BTW...Pics please?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:44:42 PM EDT
[#5]
just shoot the bitch already. lol j/k maybe your AR15 will scare her off.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:55:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Being from New Jersey, one would assume you have a lot of experience dealing with lefties. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:01:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Listen up, Cap'n Pic has some advice fer you young landlubbers.

Ya gots 2 ears, right?

Ya just let it go in one, an out the other!

That's why ya got 2 of 'em!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:02:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Being from New Jersey, one would assume you have a lot of experience dealing with lefties. [:)]
View Quote

No shit!!  My advise is this:

[b][red][size=6]MOVE TO A FREE STATE!![/b][/red][/size=6]

Sgtar15

PS  If he lives with her she is already kind of family, so she should have been invited with him in the first place IMHO.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 2:47:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Shoot her in the nuts.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:02:01 AM EDT
[#10]
What? what did you say? Man where is your natural male deafness hormone?
Take her shooting, she will get all excited from the recoil...better than Spanish Fly, your brother will love you for it.
Oh and Mother's never like their Son's gfs.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:29:11 AM EDT
[#11]
So, um...  pixplzkthx.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:38:30 AM EDT
[#12]
Hard-Case:  Hey, Bud!  How are you?  Have you had a chance to shoot the M70 Stealth yet?

OK, here's my advice - be nice, solicitous, and accomodating.  Invite her and your brother out shooting with you as well - make sure to show off the AR AND the M70 "Sniper Rifle".  Act like it is no big deal.  If she starts up her liberal shit, then just tell her it is pretty ignorant to hate anything in this world if you don't really understand it.  You are just trying to educate her, but no biggie if she isn't interested.

HOWEVER - the moment she starts giving your brother or mother any shit at all that is totally undeserved, you MUST bring the hammer down.  Tell her that she is a guest in your home and that your family is very important to you.  It is a privilege for her to be visiting and if she doesn't behave like an adult then you will ask her to leave.

Understand that this will do one of two things - it will either shut her ass up (unlikely) or it will precipitate a HUGE blowup (either right then and there or later between her and your brother).  One hopes that this will finally cause the "inevitable" breakup that you are all hoping for.  Your bro may be pissed at you for a while, but eventually he will thank you.  And if not, then he's a dumbass who's pussy-whipped and is beyond saving.  But at least you tried - don't take her shit.  Tell your mom to do the same thing as well.

I guarantee that this WILL solve the problem one way or another.

And post pics!  And let us know how this turns out.

Personally, I want to know her reaction to the Stealth as well :)
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Getting pissed off is a BIG waste of your time when it doesnt DIRECTLY involve you. Are you living with her? Is your mom living with her? Is she around 24/7? No? Dont waste your time getting your balls in a knot and your descending colon in a bunch.

Deal with it for a few days and like a cold... she will just go away.

If you guys strain the relationship between you and your brother... it will only make them closer.

DrFrige
View Quote

What he said. Otherwise you will have problems you haven't even dreamed about.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:47:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Oh, and one more thing - your Mom will LOVE this suggestion :)

I assume they are staying at Mom's, right?

Well, have your Mom tell them when they arrive that she doesn't approve of unmarried people sleeping in the same room in HER house, so they'll have to sleep seperately in different areas.  THAT is sure to start some shit immediately.  It may even bring to a head the whole "Why haven't you asked me to marry you yet" thing.  

Your mom will love the suggestion and feel some power, your brother's g/f will get her panties all in a wad, and it will guarantee a confrontation :)

Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:46:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Have some fun with it.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 6:56:31 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Hard-Case:  Hey, Bud!  How are you?  Have you had a chance to shoot the M70 Stealth yet?

OK, here's my advice - be nice, solicitous, and accomodating.  Invite her and your brother out shooting with you as well - make sure to show off the AR AND the M70 "Sniper Rifle".  Act like it is no big deal.  If she starts up her liberal shit, then just tell her it is pretty ignorant to hate anything in this world if you don't really understand it.  You are just trying to educate her, but no biggie if she isn't interested.

HOWEVER - the moment she starts giving your brother or mother any shit at all that is totally undeserved, you MUST bring the hammer down.  Tell her that she is a guest in your home and that your family is very important to you.  It is a privilege for her to be visiting and if she doesn't behave like an adult then you will ask her to leave.

Understand that this will do one of two things - it will either shut her ass up (unlikely) or it will precipitate a HUGE blowup (either right then and there or later between her and your brother).  One hopes that this will finally cause the "inevitable" breakup that you are all hoping for.  Your bro may be pissed at you for a while, but eventually he will thank you.  And if not, then he's a dumbass who's pussy-whipped and is beyond saving.  But at least you tried - don't take her shit.  Tell your mom to do the same thing as well.

I guarantee that this WILL solve the problem one way or another.

And post pics!  And let us know how this turns out.

Personally, I want to know her reaction to the Stealth as well :)
View Quote

What he said.

Don't make any special accomodations or allowances for her, else you'll be doing it for the rest of your life. Treat her like any other person and let him see exactly how she acts.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 9:49:46 AM EDT
[#17]
So....

has anyone asked for pics yet???

[;)]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 10:24:53 AM EDT
[#18]
F@ck the biotch.  If the situation is as bad as you discribe then she will end up getting pissed at all of your family and leave within a day anyway.  Just don't let her drive any more of a wedge between you and your bro.  Hopefully he will let her go and stay with y'all but if he leaves with her that is his worry, not yours!  Just try to enjoy the season.[:d]
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 11:11:32 AM EDT
[#19]
Would you hit it?
Link Posted: 1/3/2003 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#20]
My god...it rises from the GRAVE!!!!

Things have finally settled down, both at home and at work, and I just thought I'd give everyone an update (and pics!) on what happened. And yes, sgtar15, plans are in place to hie mine ass Pennsyward...as soon as I find a place that is A) not too far from work and B) has a sign-off friendly CLEO.

The bro and his g/f got here last friday, and departed on the 31st. I want to thank everybody for the advice. I decided to try and take the high road, and ignore what I could and respond respectfully but firmly to the rest. Funny how these things go....I was so prepped for sparks to fly between the mom and the g/f, but everything I expected pretty much didn't happen. Our mother and the bro's g/f got along quite well, and generally, the boat stayed on even keel. I guess it helped that they all had a common target: me.

I can't for the life of me get it. For some reason, everyone took a kind of sick glee in verbally thwacking me on my eating habits. I'm a simple guy, I like simple things. Give me a rare steak, baked potatoe, and some steamed string beans or kayrots and I'm just fine. I don't eat anything fungus, I don't slobber over creme broule or the latest Wolfgang Puck masterpiece, and I'm not keen on a lot of the more esoteric veggies out there. But why the FUCK do they have to dwell on it? It was like they were laughing at me for being this culinary retard....but I held my tongue, and all was ok.

The one good thing is I did get to go shooting Saturday morning. The look on the g/f's face when I mentioned it was priceless (kinda like something out of Fear Factor). Have to give her credit, though....I know she doesn't like guns, but I didn't hear anything about it from her. And when my bro brought them down to show her (my God, I was DYING...I could hear how freaked she was at first...'IS IT LOADED?! IS IT LOADED!?'), she eventually asked question and wasn't at all argumentative or combative. So I didn't have to shoot her now. [devil]

Here's the obligatory pic that I did promise (I actually went that day and picked up a Canon S30 digital camera):
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3415[/img]

On the left is my bro, the patent lawyer...the middle is my mom, and on the right is the bro's g/f. And no, I can't answer the hit it question. I've got this wierd mental fuckup....if a girl is seeing someone else, she's absolutely Out Of Bounds in my playbook. Besides, she's not my type.

The kicker of weekend.......my mom decided to go shooting with me. Did kinda surprise me, since at first she flipped out at the idea of my getting a handgun.
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3412[/img]

Proof that the AR knows now boundaries whatsoever. I honestly think she had as much fun with the AR as I did.

....and the reason I wanted to get out there....
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3411[/img]

That's me down at Fort Dix. I'd picked up the M70 Stealth .308 almost two months ago, and just never had the time and the accessories to get out to the range.

Hard-Case: Hey, Bud! How are you? Have you had a chance to shoot the M70 Stealth yet?
View Quote

Greywolf2112, I am pretty even keeled, considering that haven't found out yet whether I have to run up to NYC tomorrow to see the bro off....yourself?

Oh god...you should have heard her expression when I brought the M70 down, kicked the bipod open, and plopped it on the counter next to her! Her first question: '...is that a sniper rifle?'. He second '...is that the one the guys in DC used?' Looked at her straightfaced and said 'no, the last one you held was EXACTLY like the one they used (I've got the XM15-E2S-M4 type but without the brake). I was evil...I admit it!

I've got to say thanks again for the M70. Now that I've had a chance to take her out, my wallet is screaming for all the ammo I'm going to use up (working 10 minutes from the Ammoman is a GOOD THING!). The action was very smooth, the optics were nice and sharp, and the recoil was very light and controlleable. Hell even my MOM got a kick out of it.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=3413[/img]

100 yards (I know...I still haven't gotten skilled at indoor photos with the S30 yet). My first grouping was a hair over 2 inches, and that was after running 200 yards to set up the target quick before the ceasefire ended. First time on the Stealth, first time with a .308, first time on a scope, and first time on a bolt action since the .22s in the Boy Scouts, in 30ish degree weather and about 10mph wind. I am WAY more than happy, and I know it'll only get better as I improve.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top