Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/26/2002 1:37:32 PM EDT
Okay, [rant on} I got a great Christmas present...a phone call from the student loan collection company on Christmas Eve stating that I was delinquent that I must pay up before today (Thursday) or I was going to be reported to the credit bureau.  Now, my problem with this other than them calling on Christmas Eve is that I have been in school for over a year and you do not have to pay loans while you are in school if it is at least half time.  So, after talking to this idiot for about 10 minutes, I tell her that I have sent in my paper work that states that I am in school and have been for a year.  Then, she tells me that there is nothing they can do, they don't have that paperwork and I'd better get it straightened out by the 26th.  So...after more than 1.5 hours on the phone to people named "Qiana" (not kidding), I find out that these dumba$$es have the paperwork, but some idiot at the school did not sign it before they faxed it in.  Now they tell me that they do not accept faxes from schools...so, if they don't accept them, how in the hell did they get my first "unsigned" one???  Where did my magically "unsigned" paper come from if they had no idea what I was talking about on the 24th???  They get Christmas day mail at the collection agency? By a small stroke of luck, there was a helpful person working at school and she offered to call and see what she could do. (She's new and really bored today, she says)That was 2 hours ago and I haven't heard from any of these "helpful" people who conviently do not have direct numbers where I can reach them ("Just keep calling this number back until you get me again...I know it is long distance, but hey, what can I do about it?")  Now, I am sitting here fuming over the fact they pratically ruined my day, and it is an error that I have nothing to do with and I had to talk to dumbasses who have the ability to screw with my credit rating.  Merry friggin' Christmas!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel your pain.

I am in school, filed my deferment paperwork.  If I am going full time, the creditors will allow me to defer payment for the semster and 6 months after.

Now I am learning my school never sent my creditor the enrollment verifiation.  Got a nice letter saying I have to cough up $1750 within 30 days or my loan goes into default.  Would like to talk to the A-holes in the financial aid department who fucked everything up, but they're on holiday for another week.

Yay.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:48:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
 Got a nice letter saying I have to cough up $1750 within 30 days or my loan goes into default.  Would like to talk to the A-holes in the financial aid department who fucked everything up, but they're on holiday for another week.

Yay.
View Quote

{still ranting on!}]Raven , at least I'm not the only one!  I swear that they do this crap to watch us squirm!  Misery loves company, huh?
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I knew there was a reason I went to West Point.
And it wasn't the pussy
View Quote

Ummm, you just may want to rethink that post!

otoh.. I'm glad I've got mine payed off a LONG time ago.  It seemed to take forever, and if I did have any problems, they were minor.

calling on Christmas Eve to collect money, ain't right.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Welcome to the real world!  Life would be alot less stressfull if I didn't constantly have idiots trying to f@ck up my credit.  Doctors are the worst but the other day I recvd a notice from a collection agency saying that I owe $55 to a parking garage in Seattle.  I called them and basically they told me the same thing that you got, they can't do anything about it.  I got ahold of the parking garage owner and asked WTF.  I was only there for 1.5 hours so the bill cannot be that high AND you have to pay the dude in the little booth so they open the gate so you can get out!

Anyway, after bitching about it for a while he finally agreed to "forgive" the charge!  We'll see what happens.[pissed]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:58:42 PM EDT
[#6]
2whiskey...been in the real world a while now, but just hoping not to be reminded of it too much!  Thanks for cheering me up though, at least someone else is gettin the screws put to 'em for stupid crap, not just me!
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 2:01:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I knew there was a reason I went to West Point.
And it wasn't the pussy
View Quote

An elite college education at taxpayers' expense?  

On Christmas eve I watched a Connie Chung interview with some West Pointers.  She was incredulous about how they endured the hardships of their time there (the hazing, discipline, and tear gas training).  I was incredulous that she didnt understand the value of a free college education.

I think it's a good investment.  Cadet who flunk out or violate the honor cde have to recompensate the gov't for any credits they earned.  Seems fair to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top