Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/26/2002 8:34:37 AM EDT
Homeowner shoots two intruders, kills one

A homeowner fended off two burglars who woke him early Christmas morning, killing one and sending the other to the hospital with a gunshot wound, officials said.

The shooting occurred at 12:22 a.m. in the 34700 block of Birch Road in Lenwood, near Barstow. The homeowner shot the male intruders, who were also carrying weapons, San Bernardino County sheriff's deputies said.

When deputiesarrived at the house, they found 23-year-old Antonio Guerra, of Barstow, dead from at least one gun shot wound to his head, deputies said.

The other intruder, Jesse Tafoya, was shot several times and fled, deputies said. Tafoya showed up at Barstow Community Hospital an hour later seeking treatment and was transferred to Loma Linda University Medical Center for surgery, deputies said. The Sheriff's Department withheld the homeowner's name for his protection.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:46:36 AM EDT
[#1]
[:D] I like it! Why doesn't Gay Davis take to B&E? I guess he makes more $ raping the whole state at once instead of one individual/family. Betcha $20 that one of the perps families "Can't believe" that fucknuts did it. The homeowner ought to prepare for a civil suit.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 8:55:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Then the liberal CA jury will then grant the families [b]$1000's[/b] for their loss.
View Quote

Probably more like $MIL$, and no, I do not think you are kidding, not one bit...
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:50:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 9:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]
They chose to live there and if they are tolerating those kinds of laws and lawsuits, they are knowingly taking the risk. They should move to Texas!  
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:02:47 AM EDT
[#6]
At least the homeowner made his shot count:

When deputies arrived at the house, they found 23-year-old Antonio Guerra, of Barstow, dead from at least one gun shot wound to his head, deputies said.
View Quote

[kill]

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:15:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Good guys +1
Perps 0

In PRK, it should be +3 actually.  I pray that the homeowner is treated justly (i.e. no charges filed against him/her).
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
...if the families sue in civil court, he will be the defendant, and the plaintiffs lawyers will call it un-reasonable use of deadly force.
View Quote

Maybe the homeowner will take a preemptive strike and file suit on the perp's family or families first.  That is what I would like to see.

The husband woke up and chased 2 assailants in the street, shooting on on the leg. The family sued and they won, cause the assailant was already running away. Unreasonable deadly force was used.
View Quote

I agree with this one.  There was no imminent and deadly harm to the husband or his family running away from the scene.  The guy is a DumbAss.

But it does come down to the quality of the attorney.  Some years ago we had a liquer store owner (here in South Florida) take out an armed robber with a scoped deer rifle from quite a distance and was able to get it declared "defensive".

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:27:12 AM EDT
[#9]
When I lived in Houston years ago my van was broken into and I asked Houston's finest about shooting someone trying to break in. They told me to shoot them and TO BE SURE TO DO A GOOD JOB OF IT.(as in no survivor)They said to call them and they would take care of the rest....[:D] I love TEXAS...
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Here is the poop from the local news rag. I grew in that town, before moving to the big city many years ago. It USED to be a nice place to live. Now its pretty much being taken over the low-income improvished people. The town is located approximately 130 miles east of L.A., Halfway between L.A. and Las Vagas. US Army's Fort Irwin National Training Center, and the USMCs Marine Corp supply station(largest west of the Mississpi) is located just outside of town.
======================================================================

Desert Dispatch Newspaper - Barstow, California

[url=http://www.desertdispatch.com/cgi-bin/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsid1040924757,33920,]Man shoots home intruders, killing one[/url]

By SCOTT SHACKFORD/City Editor

LENWOOD — A Lenwood resident pulled a gun on two men he said had broken
into his home, shooting one to death and injuring the other early Christmas
morning, according to the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department.

According to the report, a 66-year-old homeowner in the 34700 block of Birch
Road called 911 at 12:20 a.m. Wednesday and said two men had just broken into
his home. He said he had shot at the men, but one of them had fled on foot.

When deputies arrived at the home, they found Antonio Guerra, 23, a Barstow
resident, dead from a gunshot wound to the head. According to the report, Guerra
was wearing dark clothing, gloves and was armed with a handgun.

A sheriff’s homicide team was sent to the scene to investigate. According to their
report, evidence at the scene indicated that Guerra and an accomplice forced entry
into the home in order to commit burglary. The homeowner, fearing for his life,
shot at both men with a handgun. Guerra was struck at least once in the head and
killed.

Guerra’s alleged accomplice, Jesse Tafoya, 24, a Barstow resident, sought medical
attention at Barstow Community Hospital about an hour after the burglary, the
report said. He was transferred to Loma Linda University Medical Center for
surgery.

The sheriff’s department is withholding the name of the homeowner for his
protection. Anyone with any information about the crime is urged to call the
Sheriff’s Barstow Station at 256-4838 or contact Sgt. Bobby Dean of the sheriff’s
homicide detail at (909) 387-3589.

Scott Shackford can be reached at [email protected] or
256-4121.

Copyright © 2002 Desert Dispatch.
All rights reserved. Material from this site may not be republished without the expressed, written permission of the Desert Dispatch.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#11]
That actually sounds like a fair report.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#12]
A Lenwood resident pulled a gun on two men [u]he said[/u] had broken into his home...
View Quote

Liberal media.... like there is some doubt to his story.

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:15:33 AM EDT
[#13]
good job. although he shouldve shot both of the fucks dead. if the PRK judicial system doesnt rape him blind, may i suggest a few trips to the range and practicing more on those head shots???
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 11:56:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:08:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Sounds like a good shoot to me.

The neighborhood fvcknuts will think twice about screwing with the local retirees after this.

Life out in the desert is a little different than LA.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:17:42 PM EDT
[#16]
He really should have fired warning shots!

It sounds like a hate crime to me because he was racially profiling the young men.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 1:28:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Good shooting!

We have one punk who will never commit another crime, and another one who is hopefully injured enough that he will never be able to kick down a door again.

[sarcasm]
California will now be requiring affirmative action in police arrests. The police must meet their quota of whites arrested before they can arrest more blacks and hispanics.
[/sarcasm]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top