Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2002 6:17:51 PM EDT
can someone help me????i was wanting to purchase a scope but i see there are scopes that have an adjustment on the objective side. here is my question what exactly does that feature do.some have a 50 yard all the way to infinity.someone told me it was a focus others give me distorted answers. can someone help
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Web search on "Parallax" or "Adjustable Objective". It'll explain it a lot simpler than I could. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:31:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to [url]www.benchrest.com[/url], click on the centerfire board, and ask your question, just as you have done here.  Don't say anything about hunting gophers, black rifles, and so on, and you will get a good, thorough answer as long as your question pertains to accuracy.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:03:50 PM EDT
[#3]
An adjustable objective allows you to correct for paralax, which occurs when the crosshair appears to move when the scope is stationary.

Additionally, the AO allows you to focus the scope to known distances.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top