Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/25/2002 12:27:33 PM EDT
No sir I dont  lke it, and would not use it .

[url]http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=CU5F1YLMQABHSCRBAEKSFEY?type=technologyNews&storyID=1958571[/url]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 12:44:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I'll cut your finger off and use it to pay my bills.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#3]
"And just what part of NO FUCKING WAY don't you understand??

I wouldn't let them print my fat ass let alone my finger prints.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Biometrics. COlleges have been it in commissaries for quite a while.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/25/2002 2:40:55 PM EDT
[#5]
I went to Bank of America the other day to cash a check one of my customers gave me. It was drawn on a Bank of America account, that's why I was there.

1st. the teller ask's me if I had an account there. I politely told her no, I'm just running around doing some last minute Christmas shopping and I need some cash. I remembered I had this check in my truck, was driving right by your bank, here I am.

2nd. She asks me if I have another form of I.D. with a picture. I say no and hand her my social Security card, 2 Visa cards, my business license, she say's O.K. AS IF I didn't have to show 2 forms of ID at the DMV to get my D.L.!!

3rd. She hands me a little thumb ink pad and asks me to put my thumbprint on the back of the check under my signature. I refuse. Politely. She hands me back the check and say's she cannot cash it.

I ask to see the manager. Manager apoligizes but say's that is the bank's policy and refuses to cash the check.

I was livid.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Wells Fargo does the same thing here. Call me paranoid, but I don't like it either.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#7]
bvmjethead,

I had to go through the same thing.  But when I put my "print" on the check I "accidently" slid my thumb across the check. Nothin' but a smudge.  Clerk just glanced at it and gave me my money.

Of course I won't do it again.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 3:31:11 PM EDT
[#8]
This is F***ing BS, I will not let any service, bank or store print me. I will go somewhere they dont do this. I did not know this was going mainstream across the country.
[pissed]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 3:50:26 PM EDT
[#9]
If you want anonymity, by all means, use cash and leave your Kroger Plus card at home. If you don't think they can profile and track you already by using your credit card / ATM card / 'Kroger Plus' card, you're fooling yourself.  Plus, with the facial recognition software they have potentially scanning all the CCTV cameras in the store, you can be 'scanned' that way too. At least the fingerprint thing is voluntary as long as you use cash or an ATM/Credit card, and your fingerprint can't be stolen (at least not without you missing it!).

I know a lot of you guys are paranoid, and as they say, even paranoid people have enemies. I guess my point is, I don't know what my point is!  I would probably use the fingerprint thing, becasue I'm a technophile / geek, and since I already use my Kroger Plus card even when paying cash, those Kroger JBTs already know that I drink too much Coke, eat too many chicken wings, and buy 'American Handgunner' every two months!

Link Posted: 12/25/2002 4:04:53 PM EDT
[#10]
what's the big deal?

i will be happy when they put a tag on my ass so i don't have to carry around all these pieces of plastic and bit's of money.

i can see it now.

officer: excuse me sir, may i see your finger"?
308: (i give my finger to the cop)
officer:  ok, it says your named 308wood, you were going 20mph over the speed limit.  how would you like to pay your fine?

308:  "deduct it from primary checking copp'er, i ain't got time for traffic court!"  
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#11]
The sooner they make the implant "chip" a real deal the better we will all be.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Oh come on Imbroglio, this one has you written all over it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 4:55:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
...officer: excuse me sir, may i see your finger"?
308: (i give my finger to the cop)...
View Quote

Did you really just advocate giving a cop the finger?
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 5:52:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't let anyone fingerprint you...EVER!
Well, class III stuff in a free state or ffl is maybe an exception....maybe.
But financial stuff, forget about it.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#15]
My wife works at Bank of America.  I asked her about the fingerprint thing and she says it is standard practice company-wide.  She says lots of people object, but most want their money more so they submit.

I hate the direction we are going in society.  Doesn't take very much more before we all take a chip to the back of the hand or the forehead.

I am not usually prophetic or overly paranoid, but I have read some of the bible, and this is very scary to me.

Steve L.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't read the Bible......do you?

I will NEVER take a chip, tattoo or whatever anywhere on my body for any reason. Especially for paying for things or identification.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 7:09:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I hate the direction we are going in society.  Doesn't take very much more before we all take a chip to the back of the hand or the forehead.

I am not usually prophetic or overly paranoid, but I have read some of the bible, and this is very scary to me.

Steve L.
View Quote

I agree 100% By the time the sheeple wake up it'll be to late I'm afraid[:\]
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 9:40:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Not using it here, I nearly always use cash and all those store cards are not under my name.
Link Posted: 12/25/2002 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

You don't read the Bible......do you?

I will NEVER take a chip, tattoo or whatever anywhere on my body for any reason. Especially for paying for things or identification.
View Quote

But what if it gets you 10% off at Kroger? [;)]

Here is the scary part.  You know in a few years they will start putting I.D. chips in kids.  Once they, "Do it for the children"  it will produce a generation of people who think it is natural to have an implant.
Link Posted: 12/26/2002 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I was at Home Depot earlier tonight, and when I paid with the credit card, they wanted me to sign the electronic pad. I've seen those around before, and I don't like it. An electronic copy of my signature floating around makes me tense. I always tell them I'd prefer to sign a paper copy, and they oblige.

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I went to Bank of America the other day to cash a check one of my customers gave me. It was drawn on a Bank of America account, that's why I was there.

1st. the teller ask's me if I had an account there. I politely told her no, I'm just running around doing some last minute Christmas shopping and I need some cash. I remembered I had this check in my truck, was driving right by your bank, here I am.

2nd. She asks me if I have another form of I.D. with a picture. I say no and hand her my social Security card, 2 Visa cards, my business license, she say's O.K. AS IF I didn't have to show 2 forms of ID at the DMV to get my D.L.!!

3rd. She hands me a little thumb ink pad and asks me to put my thumbprint on the back of the check under my signature. I refuse. Politely. She hands me back the check and say's she cannot cash it.

I ask to see the manager. Manager apoligizes but say's that is the bank's policy and refuses to cash the check.

I was livid.
View Quote

You did not bank there, and you had no picture ID. They followed their policy. They should have.

Scott

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:03:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Oh come on Imbroglio, this one has you written all over it.
View Quote

Yeah.....

Scott

Link Posted: 12/26/2002 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Texas DPS now requires a thumbprint before they will renew your driver's license. Doesn't leave you much choice — submit to it, or get used to taking the bus.
Link Posted: 12/27/2002 4:01:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I was at Home Depot earlier tonight, and when I paid with the credit card, they wanted me to sign the electronic pad. I've seen those around before, and I don't like it. An electronic copy of my signature floating around makes me tense. I always tell them I'd prefer to sign a paper copy, and they oblige.

View Quote

don't worry about the e-signatures.  they don't look remotely like your real signature.  I can never get the "traction" on the plastic plate so my sig looks like a scribble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top