Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/24/2002 7:18:37 PM EDT
[u][b]AR15.com Winter Semester Final Exam:[/u][/b]

My sister got an email from one of her "friends" who is British, but has lived in France for the last 6 or 7 years. In the email, she went off about the U.S. and how fucked up we are. She was also thoughtful enough to include this link...
[url]http://www.dubyadubyadubya.com/[/url]

What I need is this.

A) Any sources that list the aid we have provided the rest of the world for as far back as you can go. Food/Medical/Tech/Military.....

B) Frances long history of bullshit actions/inactions.

C) Europe's shortcomings as far as supporting themselves, and NOT supporting themselves ie; Bosnia.

Definately the focus should be on the topic A, but the others only serve to bolster that point, and there's a TON of points to be made.

I have some info, but I don't want to leave anything out. Any help from you history buffs, links, data, stats...whatever, would be great. I want to email this person back and literally smack them so hard with the facts that they don't know what hit them.

Thanks in advance for the help, putting the French in their place is always a good cause.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:26:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Thanks in advance for the help, putting the French in their place is always a good cause.
View Quote

Putting the french, europeans in general or anybody else in the world for that matter is a waste of time. Compared to the US they all live in a 3rd world shithole and they hate us because we don't. Who cares what they think because they can't do shit about it. They can talk all they want but we are the only nation in the world that has the force to back up our words.

"Oh I hate those slimeball Americans. Hey, check out my new Eminem CD and faded pair of Levis!"

Why don't you just ask her how often she bathes or if she ever shaves.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree, however, the email is going to be sent, and I need information. It's not like it unavailable either, just pretty vast.

It's a favor to my sister, and her strong point is not history...mine is, but I'm just hoping for some support via facts, from the members here.

Anyone have any sources or ideas? Factless criticism has it's place, I realize this, but it's of no use to me in this matter.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:37:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:43:15 PM EDT
[#4]
When they refused to let us fly through their airspace we should have replied that we are going to fly through anyway but you get to choose the type of aircraft, F-111's or B-52's.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#5]
I think DrFrige puts it best:

[stick] "Oh you are from Europe?? Which part? The one whose ass we saved or the one whose ass we kicked?" [stick]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 7:52:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Lets see.... being it be 50+ years, the USA lent weopons and supplies to Britan and France during WWII.

Oil prices.... well, they use oil too.  So would they like to be paying a schit load for their oil?  I think not.

But I think it's a wast of time.  Someone who came back from Germany (in the military) said that the Germans hate the US.  Do I care.  No...as long as they don't start trouble....

Oh, I looked at some of the links that site had.... one by Oly North...something about not doing enough to keep the House.  Well, guess what.....

Why should we bank roll programs around the world?  How about they do it!?

I'll look around and see if I find some links....

Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#7]
1GUNRUNNER, try this link
[url]http://www.guntruths.com/Resource/Poster/what_part_of_europe_are_you_from.htm/[/url]

Damn, link didn't work!
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 8:54:03 PM EDT
[#8]
You should ask her if the people there are actually french or German.  
After the natzi take over several years back....

Oh thats right, the natzis  didn't take over..

Has she heard of the beaches of Normandy?

Your wasting your time.  If you think NY or CA is bad try the weanies in EU.  They are and always will be the bottom of the food chain.

I recently had a discussion while in Norway.  Seems their not fond of Pres Bush and his harsh reaction to 9-11.  I looked him dead in the eye and simply said, " DO NOT POKE THE BIG GORILLA WITH A STICK".  I think he got the point.

Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:34:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

WHO THE FUCK EATS SNAILS?
Sherm
View Quote

I Do!! (love the eye stalks! YUM!)
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the replies fellas.

Here's a couple of links that kind of spell it out for those with short memories. If anyone can add to it, I'd really appreciate it.

[url]http://www.usaid.gov/[/url]

[url]http://www.brook.edu/GS/CPS/50ge/50greatest.htm[/url]

Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:39:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I think DrFrige puts it best:

[stick] "Oh you are from Europe?? Which part? The one whose ass we saved or the one whose ass we kicked?" [stick]
View Quote

Thanks 1GUNRUNNER. I actually had that made up on to a bumper sticker.
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 9:50:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Has she ever heard of The Marshall Plan?

ARH
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:45:10 PM EDT
[#13]
This was part of a post I wrote about America a while back:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The United States has [b]less than 5%[/b] of the world's population and yet accounts for:

25% of UN Peacekeeping costs
30% of the Pan American Health Organization budget
25% of the UN Food and Agriculture Organization costs
14% of UNESCO budget
25% of the UN World Meteorological Organization funding
13% of WHO operating budget
20% of the World Bank Group funding
30% of the World Food Program
25% of the United Nations total budget
28% of the entire world's GDP

We are the world's policemen, breadbasket, grocery store, soup kitchen, free clinic, homeless/immigrant shelter and technological catalyst.  

We have the best biomedical research facilities, the best health-care centers and the finest Universities in the world.

We have the best-trained doctors, the brightest scientists, most Nobel Prize winners and are the world's leader all aspects of science and technology.

We are spearheading the development of new vaccines and antibiotics that will be given to the rest of the world.

We are the last bastion of true Freedom and Liberty and Individualism left in the world.

People risk their lives EVERY DAY to cross our border for the greatness that too many of us take for granted.

Nowhere else can you have as much freedom to express your views, worship your God, earn as much as your abilities allow, own what you want and defend what you have more than in the United States of America.

When a nation like Kuwait is invaded, the US leads the defense.

When Bosnia erupts in chaos, the US leads the peace-enforcers.

When Africa is repeatedly plagued by disease, the US funds and supplies the majority of medical care.

When Israel and Palestinians are killing each other, the US is looked to by the world to broker a peace agreement.

To see the utter disregard for our achievements and our well-earned position of leadership and responsibility in the world and instead see the constant and growing disdain and hatred around the world and within our own people for America just turns my stomach to no end.

We should NOT be persecuted or blamed for using more resources and having more wealth than the rest of the world. WE EARNED IT!!

WE DESERVE the richness we have and we have NOTHING to feel guilty or ashamed for.

[b]Yes. The United States Of America IS the greatest nation that ever was and ever will be.[/b]

[marines]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:47:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Do you really care what Europeans think about us?

Personally, I think this huge tidal wave of anti-Americanism is just a response to George W. Bush.  Is the United States and its policies all that much different now than when Clinton was in charge?  Aside from the Iraq issue, not really.  

Europe in general leans much more to the left than the US does, so it's natural they dont like conservitive American politicians.  Too fucking bad. America (at least half of it) is a pretty conservative country. Dig it:

[img]http://home.i1.net/~zellich/images/county_map.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/24/2002 10:51:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Great post Mac.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top