Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2001 10:19:47 PM EDT
While sitting here reading the board I happened to think of one of my earliest times shooting at a pistol range near my house. this goes back to about 8-9 years. Before I get to details I wasn't clowning around with any of the guns and was following all the rules of safety except for....well here goes.

I was going to the range every monday morning with a friend that I have known all my life. We both happened to have mondays off. It was in the coldest part of winter and the range was notorious for having no heat. So when we would shoot we would both have at least 2 heavy sweatshirts on and numerous other shirts on underneath.
So he was standing with his back to me as I was getting ready to staple a new target to the backer I was using and I suddenly got curious if one of the small staples would penetrate his sweatshirts. I mean they were very small staples and he had very thick clothing on so needless to say I just had to see. First I made sure he wasn't holding a gun then I cautiously put the stapler up to his shoulder and Bang. He went nuts. Obviously the many layers of clothes didn't stop the staple like I thought it would.
After cursing me and getting the staple out of his shoulder and then cursing me some more it was decided that retribution was in order. So I nerviously turned my back to him and waited as he put the staple gun to my shoulder and he pulled the trigger, Bang.
After about 2 seconds I realised I wasn't in fact shot but started screaming anyhow grabbing at my shoulder. He just didn't buy it. Upon inspecting the stapler we found out there were no more staples in it, I had luckily used the last staple on him but didn't know it was the last one and he never checked the stapler.

While I've been shooting many more times with him and have helped him on many projects around his house as he has helped me do work on my house I never turn my back on him when there is a stapler present.

Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:17:58 PM EDT
[#1]
next time try a thumbtack they hold much better in heavy clothing....
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:23:36 PM EDT
[#2]
16 penny nails work good too...
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
one word.....
Air Nailer!
Ok, Two words...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top