Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2014 10:22:53 AM EDT
just talked to a nat'l rep at a conferance. said the .mil is shredding 1000's of M16A1, M14 and 1911's because the .gov doesn't want to store them any more..
1033 still have just about every thing else. just no more weapons.  glad I got mine a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#1]
crazy idea how about they recoup some $ through CMP
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#2]
got that right,  sell reparkerized m16A1's for a 1000 bux a piece to free state citizens. i'm thinking  the .gov would be sold out in a couple months no problem.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:43:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
got that right,  sell reparkerized m16A1's for a 1000 bux a piece to free state citizens. i'm thinking  the .gov would be sold out in a couple months no problem.
View Quote

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:00:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

I'll take out a second mortgage.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:10:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, and they are going to put Andrew Cuomo in charge of the program.....
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:16:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Cut the receivers and sell them as parts kits, at the very least.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:17:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

I would buy every last one they had at $1k each.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:21:35 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
just talked to a nat'l rep at a conferance. said the .mil is shredding 1000's of M16A1, M14 and 1911's because the .gov doesn't want to store them any more..
1033 still have just about every thing else. just no more weapons.  glad I got mine a couple years ago.
View Quote

As in you got your agency to get you something from DOD and you kept it upon retirement?
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Tag for witty response when I get home...

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Cut the receivers and sell them as parts kits, at the very least.
View Quote

Lol, yeah right. After good ole Uncle Sam runs them through capt crunch, the will run them through again to make sure there are absolutely no usable or recognizable parts/pieces. Then there sold as scrap metal.

Uncle Sam selling parts kits
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:34:57 PM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:37:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The CMP actually already has crates of 1911s that they aren't authorized to sell.  They used to.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#16]

And an inky.

Link Posted: 4/3/2014 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#17]
Employees say its like Christmas!
Yeah if you mean a Christmas where you feed Santa, his sleigh, and all 8 reindeer through a wood chipper!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:20:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Employees say its like Christmas!
Yeah if you mean a Christmas where you feed Santa, his sleigh, and all 8 reindeer through a wood chipper!
View Quote

Just coughed up a lung laughing from at that.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:26:51 AM EDT
[#19]
But Kirkpatrick said operations at Anniston Army Depot are the main focus and each of them loves the work they do, especially when a new shipment of weapons arrives.

Each of the employees, who all have an interest in guns, particularly enjoy seeing older weapons, or weapons they haven't dealt with before, come in.

"It's like Christmas," said Kirkpatrick. "You open up a box and say 'I've never seen this before. What is this?'"
View Quote

What a fucking moron. Does that idiot even realize what he's doing? That'd be like watching a fire burn down a museum one exhibit at a time and calling it cool because it's the first time you saw a triceratops fossil.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:34:25 AM EDT
[#20]
gov is not known to be very smart. So sad and what a WASTE!!
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 8:49:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Sadly, we will never see the CMP get any 1911's or anything other than an occasional shipment of M1's. The political climate is too ant-gun, it still amazes me that the CMP is still operational.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:05:45 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Sadly, we will never see the CMP get any 1911's or anything other than an occasional shipment of M1's. The political climate is too ant-gun, it still amazes me that the CMP is still operational.
View Quote

Which is said, as we were told by Bill Willoughby that the CMP was getting 1911s. This was at the CMP Master Instructor course back in fall of 2012.
Link Posted: 4/4/2014 9:07:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

But are they in decent condition?  A lot of 1911s were really worn out but still in use long before they were replaced by M9s.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:28:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

But are they in decent condition?  A lot of 1911s were really worn out but still in use long before they were replaced by M9s.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I got one for my dept a couple years ago. the ser numbers don't match, but the frame number is from 1944.  It came vacuum packed and very dry. not a drop of oil on it.  and it had a fresh parkerizing on everything (except bbl).  I'm not an expert by any means on 1911's but I've shot a couple hundred rds threw it and seems to shoot fine.
the M16A1 came the same way.  ser number around 1985 or so
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:29:37 PM EDT
[#25]
CMP and the NRA need to get on this shit
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:38:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Which is said, as we were told by Bill Willoughby that the CMP was getting 1911s. This was at the CMP Master Instructor course back in fall of 2012.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They already have them, and have had them for years.  They can't sell them.  I had the mispleasure of having to see them crated up, all lonely, unable to be adopted.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:40:30 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fedgov.gov doesn't give a shit about $..........they'll just print more!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#28]

My God how can someone work at a place like that.  It would be like coming to work every day to pop the heads off kittens.  

Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:41:49 PM EDT
[#29]

OH FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING FUCKS!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

CMP has never had handguns.  The legislation that created CMP specifically excluded handguns.  Unless the law has changed, CMP is never going to be in the pistol business.
Link Posted: 4/7/2014 1:53:29 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

View Quote
The only problem with that is they were not in the registry before May 1986.

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
CMP and the NRA need to get on this shit
View Quote

Sadly, with todays anti gun climate in DC nothing will change.  

Same goes for the thousands of M1 carbines and Garands in Korea, they will more than likely end up shreaded/demilled and sold for scrap.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Can this FUCKING GOVERNMENT

get ANY FUCKING STUPIDER ??!!??!?!1!11!!?

JESUS FUCKING TORTILLA TWISTING CHRIST WE HAVE A FUCKING PILE OF IDIOTS AT THE HELM OF OUR SHIPS

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:51:22 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They could take the lower off and sell them as parts kits. Lower is $50.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:54:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I just want a decent set of damn triangle hand-guards...
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#36]
I SWEAR TA GAWD I JUST WANNA DRIVE MY SIZE 14 STEEL TOE CHIPPEWA RIGHT UP THE TWATS OF THESE IGNORANT FUCKS!!!!!

FUCK THIS GOVERNMENT AND ANY SORRY ASS ASSOCIATED WITH THEM .....HEADS NEED TO FUCKING ROLL !!!  

BETWEEN THIS TRAVESTY AND THE BULLSHIT WITH AMMO , MY FUCKING HEAD IS GOING TO FUCKING GO SUPER-FUCKING-NOVA!!!!

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#37]
The CMP got all the USAF survival rifles. They got shredded because they were SBRs. I heard the guys at Anniston talk of all the shotguns that showed up in 2012. They can't be sold either. IIRC, the 1911s were not allowed to be shredded after some congressional action a few years ago. Clinton was chipping everything he could feed to capt crunch and folks got wind of it and made them stop some of it. Mr Orest Michaels (head of CMP) ran that machine back then.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#38]

If this is the article I think it is (cant view at work) they are crushing colt 601 green hand guards in one of the pics.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:35:52 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

I found your facebook profile picture

Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:42:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:43:34 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The CMP got all the USAF survival rifles. They got shredded because they were SBRs. I heard the guys at Anniston talk of all the shotguns that showed up in 2012. They can't be sold either. IIRC, the 1911s were not allowed to be shredded after some congressional action a few years ago. Clinton was chipping everything he could feed to capt crunch and folks got wind of it and made them stop some of it. Mr Orest Michaels (head of CMP) ran that machine back then.
View Quote

If anything, the taxpayers ought to be furious about the fraud, waste, and abuse of NOT at least stripping the receiver and selling everything besides the "machinegun" part.  Shit.  I'm mad because I paid taxes that bought those weapons, and they ought to at least get back some of the damn $$$ I spent on them.

The actual "gun" (lower) is really immaterial in consequence of "worth" of the whole rifle unless the .gov is willing to let these be on the NFA (LOL)
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 10:46:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If this is the article I think it is (cant view at work) they are crushing colt 601 green hand guards in one of the pics.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

It is...
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:35:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Just a crime against the tax payer.
Surprised they are not going to our local police or an allied nation.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 11:49:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

No shit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:24:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

No shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$1,000.....I'll take 5.

No shit.

Yep, same here
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#46]
An interesting article I stumbled across...

THE DEMIL PROCESS BEGINS

In August 1993, a powerful machine nicknamed "Captain Crunch" was put into operation to grind up these hundreds of thousands of small arms. Defense Logistics Agency spokesman Larry Wilson said that the weapons are put on a conveyor belt that goes up perhaps 15 feet then the weapons drop into the metal canister. The metal canister ("Captain Crunch") has some "serious" teeth in it, and the "gun barrel goes in, and little pieces of metal come out," said Wilson. Simple, but effective, and no re-welds!

The demil process kicked into high gear after the August 1993 start-up. In a March 1994 interview, spokesman Larry Wilson said that "Captain Crunch" had ground up 307,000 firearms at a cost of a little more than $1,000,000.

Wilson gave a break-down of the guns destroyed as of March 1994 as follows: .45 caliber automatic pistols (110,000), M-14 rifles (50,000), M1 carbines (45,000), M1903A3 drill rifles (40,000), M1 Garands (30,000), M3 .45 "grease guns" (20,000), M1903 Springfields (6,000), and M12 .22 caliber target rifles (6,000). Wilson calculated it had cost $3.52 to destroy each weapon and the Material Command was destroying 3,000 guns per day.

Employees stated that the condition of the weapons ranged from "unserviceable" to "brand new" unissued condition. They further stated that many were wrapped in cosmoline and the wrapping had to be stripped off for the demil process to begin.

It was told to the author that in March 1994 some 6,000 M1D sniper rifles and approximately 500 M1C sniper rifles were demilled at the Depot. These historical guns were worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It was also related that some Winchester "Educational Contract" M1 Garand rifles were destroyed in the demil.

Other weapons destroyed in the Anniston demil include an entire crate of Model 92 rifles. Unissued International Harvester M1 Garands were being stripped and the receivers and barrels destroyed. Crates of M5A1 bayonets and M1917 Enfield bayonets were destroyed. Priceless artifacts have gone into the hopper of "Captain Crunch".

In an interview with Defense Logistics Agency spokesman Keith Beebe in February 1995, Beebe stated that the Agency did not have any revised figures for the destroyed guns at Anniston but estimated the total at approximately 600,000 guns. When asked for a breakdown on the total, he stated that "there were no current figures available." Beebe referred to the March 1994 breakdown as the last tally his office had available. Beebe further stated that he was the individual who had actually done all the research to release the 1994 figures.

A request was made of the Anniston Army Depot for official confirmation of the status of the demil program. The Depot forwarded the request to the "proper channels" for confirmation. As of this writing, no official correspondence has been received confirming or denying the ongoing nature of the program.

One individual involved in the demil process advised the author that he personally broke down three crates of M-14 rifles in late February 1995 to ship the parts to the DCM for resale. He further advised that the demil process was still ongoing with M-1 carbines, M-14's, .45 automatics, and .38 Colt revolvers being destroyed. He advised that a class-action lawsuit had been filed to halt destruction of the M-1 Garands and only the destruction of M1 Garands had been terminated pending the outcome of the suit.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 12:58:04 PM EDT
[#47]
Another article I found in the archives, posted by m1sniper....

https://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=3&f=123&t=535845

1995-1998: Historical Genocide at Anniston

Posted By: Zeno of Citium

Date: Sat 3 Jan 2009 7:58 pm

There seems to be some debate as to whether Bill Clinton's administration demilled weapons. Boy, did they ever. Here is a piece written in 1995 (by a witness who was on the scene), who conducted interviews with the DLA and others.

HISTORICAL GENOCIDE: THE DEMILITARIZATION PROGRAM OF SMALL ARMS AT ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT

This article is a synopsis of the demilitarization of small arms at the Anniston Army Depot, Anniston, Alabama. The article is a compilation of news from several sources, including an interview with a spokesman for the Defense Logistics Agency Headquarters in Pennsylvania and several individuals who have actually seen the demil process in operation.

BACKGROUND OF ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT

Anniston Army Depot is a sprawling ordnance depot located in central Alabama, just off I-20 between Birmingham, Alabama, and Atlanta, Georgia. The Depot is one of two primary centers for the rebuilding of army tanks, including the M60 series, the M1A1, and tank recovery vehicles. There are literally thousands of tanks at the facility that are awaiting rebuild or scrapping. The Depot is also a major storage facility for chemical weapons and small arms. The small arms stored there are the subject of this article and have recently made national news.

DATA FROM THE ARMY MATERIAL COMMAND

The Army Material Command has millions of small arms stored at the Depot, including many World War II era weapons. The weapons, in storage for years, have been slated for destruction by the Army Material Command because they are either "unserviceable" or "obsolete".

The definitions are not interchangeable. "Unserviceable" means exactly that, the weapons have a major problem and cannot be fired in the present condition. "Obsolete", however, has a different meaning. "Obsolete" simply means that the weapon fires a cartridge that is not currently in the army inventory. An "obsolete" weapon may simply be one that is perfectly "serviceable" but shoots a cartridge such as .30 M1 Carbine.

The Army Material Command decides which guns should be demolished, and has declared 1.1 million guns surplus to its needs, deeming them "obsolete or unserviceable", said Master Sergeant Nancy Bouchard of the Army Material Command in an interview dated March 1993. Congress, which had blocked destruction of the surplus firearms for over a decade, started easing off the prohibition in 1990. In 1991, the Defense Appropriations Act spared only 310,784 "unserviceable or obsolete" M1 Garands and M1 carbines. However, said MSGT Bouchard, the work to demil the guns did not get started until August 1993.

MSGT Bouchard continued, "The M1 Garand rifles were being reserved to support the Director of Civilian Marksmanship program and to loan to various military associated organizations such as the Veterans of Foreign Wars (VFW) that used them as ceremonial weapons. Obsolete guns not wanted by the Civilian Marksmanship Program, various Reserve Officer Training Corps groups and other organizations were earmarked for Anniston," she said.

THE DEMIL PROCESS BEGINS

In August 1993, a powerful machine nicknamed "Captain Crunch" was put into operation to grind up these hundreds of thousands of small arms. Defense Logistics Agency spokesman Larry Wilson said that the weapons are put on a conveyor belt that goes up perhaps 15 feet then the weapons drop into the metal canister. The metal canister ("Captain Crunch") has some "serious" teeth in it, and the "gun barrel goes in, and little pieces of metal come out," said Wilson. Simple, but effective, and no re-welds!

The demil process kicked into high gear after the August 1993 start-up. In a March 1994 interview, spokesman Larry Wilson said that "Captain Crunch" had ground up 307,000 firearms at a cost of a little more than $1,000,000.

Wilson gave a break-down of the guns destroyed as of March 1994 as follows: .45 caliber automatic pistols (110,000), M-14 rifles (50,000), M1 carbines (45,000), M1903A3 drill rifles (40,000), M1 Garands (30,000), M3 .45 "grease guns" (20,000), M1903 Springfields (6,000), and M12 .22 caliber target rifles (6,000). Wilson calculated it had cost $3.52 to destroy each weapon and the Material Command was destroying 3,000 guns per day.

THE NRA RESPONSE

The National Rifle Association had been successful in 1978 during the Carter administration in stopping the demil of World War II era weapons. "We're hoping to replicate 1978, when we were able to stop the same government facility at Anniston from destroying firearms," said Tanya Metaksa, chief lobbyist for the NRA Institute for Legislative Action.

The NRA is lobbying to save the old rifles and carbines, and among its tactics is the dollars and cents argument. "These guns may be worth thousands of dollars and we're spending millions to destroy them," Ms. Metaska said. "Most of them are historical firearms. Some of them are extremely rare."

Metaska continued, "There are people who collect these things who would purchase them for their private collections. We could put millions of dollars into the federal Treasury and reduce the deficit," she said.

As of this writing in February 1995, it appears the NRA has been ineffective against a 1993-94 Democratic Congress and President.

INSIDER VIEWS OF THE ANNISTON ARMY DEPOT DEMIL PROCESS

Interviews of several Anniston Army Depot employees, who preferred to be not to named, indicated that the demil process took place in a secure area of the Depot. They stated that there was a metal detector at the entrance to the room where the demilling took place and to exit an individual had to pass through the metal detector. It was, by all accounts, a very sensitive detector and each person would have to take off anything metallic or the device would sound.

The demil started with the removal of the slings, wooden handguards and stocks from the guns. Employees stated that during the initial August 1993 demil process there was a quandary on how to dispose of the wooden stocks and handguards that were removed from the doomed weapons. The commanders finally settled on taking loads of stocks out to a vacant field on base and burning them. Thankfully, a better solution was soon reached. The stocks, handguards, and slings were placed in separate cardboard "tri-wall" boxes and then sold through the nationally advertised bid process.

The guns, minus all wood, were then placed on a conveyor belt and the belt took the gun to the top of "Captain Crunch", where it dropped into the machine. Spinning teeth inside the machine quickly shredded the metal and only little pieces came out of the bottom. The little pieces were then sold for the scrap value.

Employees stated that the condition of the weapons ranged from "unserviceable" to "brand new" unissued condition. They further stated that many were wrapped in cosmoline and the wrapping had to be stripped off for the demil process to begin.

It was told to the author that in March 1994 some 6,000 M1D sniper rifles and approximately 500 M1C sniper rifles were demilled at the Depot. These historical guns were worth hundreds of thousands of dollars. It was also related that some Winchester "Educational Contract" M1 Garand rifles were destroyed in the demil.

Other weapons destroyed in the Anniston demil include an entire crate of Model 92 rifles. Unissued International Harvester M1 Garands were being stripped and the receivers and barrels destroyed. Crates of M5A1 bayonets and M1917 Enfield bayonets were destroyed. Priceless artifacts have gone into the hopper of "Captain Crunch".

STATUS IN FEBRUARY 1995

In an interview with Defense Logistics Agency spokesman Keith Beebe in February 1995, Beebe stated that the Agency did not have any revised figures for the destroyed guns at Anniston but estimated the total at approximately 600,000 guns. When asked for a breakdown on the total, he stated that "there were no current figures available." Beebe referred to the March 1994 breakdown as the last tally his office had available. Beebe further stated that he was the individual who had actually done all the research to release the 1994 figures.

A request was made of the Anniston Army Depot for official confirmation of the status of the demil program. The Depot forwarded the request to the "proper channels" for confirmation. As of this writing, no official correspondence has been received confirming or denying the ongoing nature of the program.

One individual involved in the demil process advised the author that he personally broke down three crates of M-14 rifles in late February 1995 to ship the parts to the DCM for resale. He further advised that the demil process was still ongoing with M-1 carbines, M-14's, .45 automatics, and .38 Colt revolvers being destroyed. He advised that a class-action lawsuit had been filed to halt destruction of the M-1 Garands and only the destruction of M1 Garands had been terminated pending the outcome of the suit.

PERSONAL OBSERVATIONS FROM THE AUTHOR

It has been the personal observation of the author that the demil program has been both a crime against historical preservation and a crime against the taxpayers of America. In these days of the huge budget deficit, tens of millions of dollars could have been raised to reduce the deficit. Instead, millions of dollars were squandered to destroy marketable rifles.

The biggest crime certainly has been the destruction of historically significant weapons. Many unique weapons were destroyed, for example, the M1C, M1D, and "Educational Contract" Winchester rifles. Many museums would have loved to get one of these historical pieces for display.

Most of the people the author has spoken to in researching and writing this article have been profoundly saddened by this genocide of historical rifles. One thing you the reader can do is call your congressional representatives and express your displeasure of this program.

ONE VERY SMALL SILVER LINING TO THE DEMIL PROGRAM

Some good news to end this article. The DCM has arranged for stocks, handguards, slings, trigger guards, gas cylinders, and operating rods to be removed from M1 Garands and M-14 rifles and shipped up to the DCM Repair Parts Program in Port Clinton, Ohio. The M1 parts are for sale and the March 1995 price list is in this MCCA newsletter.

Several M1 stocks and handguards shipped from the DCM have been examined by the author and they are in really fine condition. Many stocks received were "open box" SA replacement sniper stocks from the M1D demil program. Some bore the DOD "Eagle and Stars" cartouche.

The finish on the metal parts is approximately 85-90%, with some of the parts being in mint condition. There is no choice of manufacturer but the author knows several individuals who asked for and received "DOD Eagle and Stars" cartouched stocks. The DCM would appreciate your support so be sure to order parts from the Repair Parts Program.

Also the DCM is now conducting a lottery to sell off the remaining M1C's and M1D's in the inventory. Each M1C has a data sheet worked up on the rifle and the potential purchaser is required to purchase this data sheet to submit a bid.

For an M1D, simply write a letter of application to the Director of Civilian Marksmanship, 20 Massachusetts Avenue N.W., Room 1205, Pulaski Building, Washington, DC, 20314-0100, and write the letter "D" on the outside of the letter. It is the author's understanding that in the lottery one hundred letters will be drawn every month until the supply of M1D's is exhausted.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:40:18 AM EDT
[#48]
couple months ago i got an email saying they would sell me M16A1's for $750 each (to the dept that is)
so a 1000 bux to anyone who could legally get one would be a good price.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 1:46:54 AM EDT
[#49]
I bet obongo sends the "shredded" guns to Mexican cartels and/or Syrian rebels.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 2:34:20 AM EDT
[#50]
1,000 M16s at 10,000 each is 10M.  Small potatoes for our national debt, but a step in the wrong direction nonetheless.  I'll contact my Senators.  

Done

Sen. Cruz/Cornyn,

I am writing to you to notify you that the government is continually destroying millions of dollars worth of firearms every year.  I'm not sure how knowledgeable you are about the National Firearms Act or the unconstitutional 1986 machine gun ban (shall not be infringed means what?), but the government has restricted the supply of machine guns and registered M16s currently go for around $16,000 each.  The DoD is sending thousands of these guns to the scrap heap and it actually COSTS them money to do it.  Even at $10,000 each, 1,000 M16s would net the government $10M minus costs for sales which could be extremely low if they are sold to class 3 licensed dealers at auction.  Since we know that there is no correlation between number of guns vs. crime, or even a negative correlation, and we also know that little to no crimes are committed with a licensed machine gun, why should we throw away so much money when we have record debt?  I have underestimated on both the market value and the number of M4s/M16s, etc. that the government will destroy.  We are talking about 10s, if not 100s of millions of dollars.  There are plenty of collectors out there that would love to have these pieces of history for lawful enjoyment.  Is there anything you can do to push this?  Please contact the ATF or FBI for gun crime stats on NFA firearms and the DoD for how many machine guns they destroy every year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top