Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2002 1:13:39 PM EDT
Monday, December 23, 2002. U.S. Ambassador in London Hosts Hamas. Saturday's London Guardian [url=http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,863922,00.html?79%3A+International+news+%2D+guardian]reports[/url] that Azzam Tamimi, a Palestinian Hamas ideologue, attended the Ramadan reception of the U.S. ambassador in London. It was the first time the embassy had hosted an iftar dinner, and it's already made a big mistake.

An earlier [url=http://www.geocities.com/martinkramerorg/2002_09_26.htm]entry[/url] in this weblog was devoted to Tamimi. To Islamists on both sides of the Atlantic, Tamimi is effectively an emissary of Hamas. As he put it to the Guardian: "There is a personal relationship with some of them. Because of that I am sometimes asked to advise them. I have been asked, 'what do you think of how we present ourselves to the world?' I can be of use both to Hamas and people in the West who know nothing of what Hamas is about." Actually, the benighted West does have a pretty good sense of what Hamas is about: suicide bombings and the elimination of Israel. As my previous entry shows, Tamimi has had no difficulty making the case for both.

Deep within the bowels of the State Department, there are people who still harbor the wacky idea that they can tell the good extremists from the bad ones, and who play games with Islamists that confuse the message coming from Washington. Hamas is a listed terrorist organization. Tamimi is its self-avowed adviser. He's been deliberately admitted to the American inner sanctum of Winfield House, residence of the American ambassador. E-mail Ambassador William S. Farish [email][email protected][/email] and let him know what you think.
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 1:19:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't be surprised when the US Embassy goes up in a big fireball.

CRC
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 1:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
It just boggles the mind.  They're lending credibility and legitimacy to the terrorist methods of Hamas.  They're HELPING Hamas reach its political goals by treating them as political entities, instead of murderous criminals.

Who was that other ambassador to the UK who regarded the Nazis the same way?  Joseph Kennedy, wasn't it?
Link Posted: 12/23/2002 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#3]
It reminds of that song "Shut de door, keep out the Devil. Keep de Devil in the night."

Something THEY DID NOT DO! They let him in!

Satan is behind these extremists and that's all I'll say. Of course the US Govt NEVER amazes me anymore.

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top