Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2014 12:05:25 PM EDT
Any one I have the ich to get a big pig sticker.

Knife

Pros/Cons?

waste of money or good to go?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]

DAMMMIT !!!   Now i want to get another knife.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been thinking about a Bowie for my truck.

Thanks OP!

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#3]

NICE!

Gonna be adding that to my wishlist!

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:30:38 PM EDT
[#4]
I haven't been paying attention to the knife world for a while now, but I wouldn't pay that much for a Cold steel. Unfortunately I don't have much to suggest as an alternative, but I would look at Bark River and Blackjack knives. also knivesshipfree.com and http://www.the-knife-connection.com/
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:38:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Got one.  Haven't used it for anything yet.  Big, clunky, handle a bit chunky but overall solid.  Seems tough.  Longer but thinner blade than the Laredo or Natchez.  If I had to abuse or lend out a big knife it would be this one rather than any of my other large knives.  Came with a signed sheet that it passed the abuse tests for British military swords.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Welp, most Cold Steel are GTG.  Wonder if it's full tang?  I like that in a knife.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 12:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
It's not a good pig sticker unless you can securely mount it on the end of a rifle.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:11:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any one I have the ich to get a big pig sticker.

Knife

Pros/Cons?

waste of money or good to go?
View Quote

Just buy a Ka-Bar and be happy.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#9]
It's cool, but I'd honestly rather get a couple of their Bowie Machetes.  They are made of the same steel and plenty strong.  You just need to put a good edge on them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

My boys each got a Ka-Bar Bowie for Christmas. Doesn't really look like a Bowie, but it'll chop through just about anything.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:22:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

My boys each got a Ka-Bar Bowie for Christmas. Doesn't really look like a Bowie, but it'll chop through just about anything.

http://www.outdoor-onlineshop.de/artikel/Messer/Survivalmesser/E5133619.jpg

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice, but needs a better crossguard.  When you're in that big fight on the sandbar, and you stick your opponent, you don't want your blood-slippery hand sliding up onto that sharp blade, now do you?
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#12]
I read the title as Cold Steel Frontier Brownie and I couldn't click fast enough.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Cold steel videos are the best!

wait a minute... is he a .. a neckbeard!
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 1:27:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Nice, but needs a better crossguard.  When you're in that big fight on the sandbar, and you stick your opponent, you don't want your blood-slippery hand sliding up onto that sharp blade, now do you?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that happens every time I stab someone with a giant knife.  

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:06:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I just thought of these I have the one on the bottom and its a beast. These are Kabar made Beckers. Tough as hell and all under $100. Better than Cold Steel IMO.

Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:07:43 PM EDT
[#16]
That's not a knife, it's a short blade sword.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd like it better if the bottom part of the guard curved out instead of in. That and it was about $50 less.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top