Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/22/2002 10:26:36 AM EDT
If I keep up with the news, it just makes me bitter and pissed off.  I haven't looked at cnn.com or read the paper all weekend, and I'm in a much better mood.

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. Its called controled paranoia.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:31:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Sadly, the same effect can sometimes be rendered with a short vacation from ARF.com.

HOWEVER...I would rather be smart and pissed-off instead of ignorant and pissed-on, so I continue to visit this place![;D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:43:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Ignorance is bliss.   Surely you've heard of that before?

That explains why most politicians are so damned blissful.

CJ
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:51:04 AM EDT
[#4]
QS, don't let the stuff piss you off!  Just consider it information that the masses think they want to hear.  Everyone knows that none of it is true!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:41:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have not owned a T.V. for over three years and have never subscribed to a newspaper. I'm plenty informed, and yet I can keep my sanity. I get enough bad news off the internet.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#6]
QuietShootr-I agree with you.  This is why I stopped receiving newspapers and stopped watching TV news.  I get all the important news from the internet alone.  
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
QS, don't let the stuff piss you off!  Just consider it information that the masses think they want to hear.  Everyone knows that none of it is true!
View Quote

And I don't believe a flipping word of it.  It's that I think I know what's REALLY going on that pisses me off.

Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:59:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Simmer down now!  
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]

I quit having the newsrags delivered to my house years ago. The editors are all Liberal shitheads. I watch no network TV, period. I pick what I want to subscribe to from a dish. You know, I don't even watch the weather channel.

That must explain why I always feel good ;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top