Page / 23
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:15:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Shit just got real!!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:16:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I have an extremely hard time believing otherwise without further credible evidence.

Somebody who stands to benefit from inducing a panic-driven buying frenzy of 5.45mm.  There's no shortage of individuals or companies that fit that profile.

So far the only "proof" has been a cellphone picture of a printout of an email supplied by an anonymous but "credible" source to a single blogger.  Every other appearance of the letter since then is a repost of that original image or story.  There has been NO corroborating evidence or similar cases come forward.  That's weaksauce "proof".

Combined with the total objective ineligibility of 7n6 for a ban under either clause of the armor-piercing ammunition definitions in federal statute, I believe this about as far as I can throw Heavy 6.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you are saying the letter/email is not from ATF and is in fact a complete fabrication?

I have an extremely hard time believing otherwise without further credible evidence.

If yes,  who do you think fabricated it and what do they stand t gain?

Somebody who stands to benefit from inducing a panic-driven buying frenzy of 5.45mm.  There's no shortage of individuals or companies that fit that profile.

So far the only "proof" has been a cellphone picture of a printout of an email supplied by an anonymous but "credible" source to a single blogger.  Every other appearance of the letter since then is a repost of that original image or story.  There has been NO corroborating evidence or similar cases come forward.  That's weaksauce "proof".

Combined with the total objective ineligibility of 7n6 for a ban under either clause of the armor-piercing ammunition definitions in federal statute, I believe this about as far as I can throw Heavy 6.

go on....
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

The

FUCK?

And what was their justification?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confirmed from the IMPORT BRANCH of the BATFE...Just got off the phone with them....Exact words No more Imports of 5.45x39 Ammo.......      Don't hate me as we are OUT OF STOCK ALREADY..... Just delivering the message...

The

FUCK?

They will make a ruling, someone will challenge it.  So which importers are going to step up and file the injunction?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Glad to see you are concerned and on point....finally.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody submitted a pistol in that caliber to determine if its legal to import....  Just what I heard..Don't take it as Gospel

So the NSSF is spinning up a lawsuit to get an injunction, right?  Since submitting a pistol in 5.45 doesn't have jack-shit to do with the law.

Glad to see you are concerned and on point....finally.  

Sorry guys. I just bought 10,000+ rds about 2mins ago. Get while the goings good.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:18:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll admit surprise that the ATF has gone this far out on a limb, because at this point a first-year law student could beat them black and blue over this in court.  The federal statute is very clear and an injunction should not be hard to get.  Methinks they overplayed their hand... I just didn't figure they were that stupid.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:19:06 PM EDT
[#6]
well...thank God I pick up my last 10 crate order on monday...
[#7]

Quoted:
Oh really?  I doubt you can back that claim up with facts,   but irregardless,  no matter how you feel about him,  it does not make the letter any less real....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

One of those guys is a modern day Judas

Oh really?  I doubt you can back that claim up with facts,   but irregardless,  no matter how you feel about him,  it does not make the letter any less real....

First - its not a letter.  Just a glance shows that.

Second - did you look at the printed email and find it quite odd that whoever printed it (which any mouth-breather can do) and photographed it was very careful to NOT show the top half of it that would give it a scintilla of credibility?

I wonder why someone was careful to do that>

Things that make you go "hmmmmm...."

[#8]
Quoted:

They will make a ruling, someone will challenge it.  So which importers are going to step up and file the injunction?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Confirmed from the IMPORT BRANCH of the BATFE...Just got off the phone with them....Exact words No more Imports of 5.45x39 Ammo.......      Don't hate me as we are OUT OF STOCK ALREADY..... Just delivering the message...

The

FUCK?

Weidners They already gave everyones CC information to the Russians
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:21:22 PM EDT
[#9]
So.... everyone who doesn't believe this is happened, do you trust Bryan from AIM surplus (a well respected Arfcom Industry Partner)?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_217/241632_Aim_5_45_uppers.html&page=26#i2337094

Quoted:
Quoted:
Guys i think its official -

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1607542_Yeager_posted_the_5_45_import_ban_letter_on_his_FB___.html&page=4

Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I was on speaker phone With Cope when he called them
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:21:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Second - did you look at the printed email and find it quite odd that whoever printed it (which any mouth-breather can do) and photographed it was very careful to NOT show the top half of it that would give it a scintilla of credibility?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your post.  It makes me go "hmmmm".  

And you're late to the party, pal.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:22:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

because.the.importer.wants.to.remain.anon

it's really that simple...but regardless....one of ARFCOMs most respected industry professionals has confirmed the new policy...so either JY had knowledge of the policy via the correspondance in question,  or he has psychic superpowers,,,
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:23:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:25:37 PM EDT
[#13]
Still a few cases left at SGA.

Going fast...

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:25:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Yeager Derangement Syndrome is rampant in GD....

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:27:00 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I called this number 304-616-4550 BATFE IMPORT Branch and asked if it was stopped being imported and she said YES...............

As far as the pistol being submitted that came from an importer I talked to... That's why I said don't take it as Gospel....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Somebody submitted a pistol in that caliber to determine if its legal to import....  Just what I heard..Don't take it as Gospel

[GDhater]How would you even know?  Whats your connection to James Yeager?[/GDhater]    

I called this number 304-616-4550 BATFE IMPORT Branch and asked if it was stopped being imported and she said YES...............

As far as the pistol being submitted that came from an importer I talked to... That's why I said don't take it as Gospel....

Did they specify ANY AND ALL 5.45x39mm, or just 7n6 and others with partial mild steel cores?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:27:39 PM EDT
[#16]
^ this

is it all 5.45 or just 7n6?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:29:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
^ this

is it all 5.45 or just 7n6?
View Quote

Should just apply to steel core 5.45, of which I only know 7n6 having been imported in the past.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:29:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Did they specify ANY AND ALL 5.45x39mm, or just 7n6 and others with partial mild steel cores?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

[GDhater]How would you even know?  Whats your connection to James Yeager?[/GDhater]    

I thought that was all the 5.45 out in the world? Wolf will shoot through the roof in price....it wont be as cheap as 7.62x39..thats for sure.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Some of you need to start apologizing to Yeager.

Before he start's killing people

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:30:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I thought that was all the 5.45 out in the world? Wolf will shoot through the roof in price....it wont be as cheap as 7.62x39..thats for sure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Golden tiger, Brown Bear, Wolf, Red Army .. Hell even Hornady makes it
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:31:49 PM EDT
[#21]
I can see the SLR-106 line coming back into production full swing.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:32:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I'll admit surprise that the ATF has gone this far out on a limb, because at this point a first-year law student could beat them black and blue over this in court.  The federal statute is very clear and an injunction should not be hard to get.  Methinks they overplayed their hand... I just didn't figure they were that stupid.
View Quote

Which tells you that this move probably came from Zero.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:32:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Romanian "Hot Shot" 5.45x39mm is copper coated with a steel jacket and a lead core.  Have to see whether ATF tries to further contort their already shaky definition to snag that too.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:32:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Selling Bakelite mag, 500 bucks. real Russian
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:32:54 PM EDT
[#25]
The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Wow, whoever is attached to that 5.45 pistol is gonna get Troy'd.

If this plays out like 7.62x39 I'm sure the Ruskies will re-tool in coming months to turn out non steel core 5.45 as they like money.

On the other hand if the Import Branch way overplays their hand and bans all 5.45 this could get ugly.

Needless to say, 7N6 will now take up display next to the evil Black Talons on neckbeard gunshow tables......for $60/box.

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:35:25 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Selling Bakelite mag, 500 bucks. real Russian
View Quote

No way dude, all 5.45 accessories must now take a 50% dump in price!

I will pay a handsome 300 dollars for any SGL-31 or SLR-104/5.  I will also pay a princely sum of 275 dollars for all complete AR rifles in 5.45.

Come at me bro!!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#28]
the Skytrooper Compound has released an official response to JY and everyone associated with this decision

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
the Skytrooper Compound has released an official response to JY and everyone associated with this decision

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg426/rangerjake82/IMG_20140328_162837551_zpszuqm7og_edit_1396038881103_zpswxfp70k0.jpg
View Quote

correct your gas tube lever
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:39:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i542.photobucket.com/albums/gg426/rangerjake82/IMG_20140328_162837551_zpszuqm7og_edit_1396038881103_zpswxfp70k0.jpg

No
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

If this plays out like 7.62x39 I'm sure the Ruskies will re-tool in coming months to turn out non steel core 5.45 as they like money.

On the other hand if the Import Branch way overplays their hand and bans all 5.45 this could get ugly.

Needless to say, 7N6 will now take up display next to the evil Black Talons on neckbeard gunshow tables......for $60/box.

View Quote

Probably was not even a company just the ATF wanting to throw around some muscle.

VO
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

Most of the 7n6 we were getting was from Bulgaria and Ukraine correct? I know Russia does the new production stuff.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:41:37 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ill give you $200 for the rifle and an extra $2ea for any mags.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:41:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Most of the 7n6 we were getting was from Bulgaria and Ukraine correct? I know Russia does the new production stuff.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct. Also getting new production from Romania (Red Army Standard).

VO
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:42:27 PM EDT
[#35]
How does this work? If someo one were to use 5.45x39 as a pistol, that is a means to ban that from importation?

Someone can buy an AK pistol like a Draco in 7.62x39 and that's good to go.

Can someone put this in lay mans terms please?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:42:39 PM EDT
[#36]
*starts investing in setting up 5.45 manufacturing capabilities*

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:43:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill let you sit on it for that much
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:43:08 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

VO
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

VO

Say good bye to anything Russian after they pour into Ukraine...that would be a simple fact.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:43:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
How does this work? If someo one were to use 5.45x39 as a pistol, that is a means to ban that from importation?

View Quote

Its all about the steel core importation no 7.62x39 steel core can be....now they say 5.45.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:44:13 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

No steel core ammo in a pistol. Once a pistol has been made in a caliber, steel core ammo is forbidden/banned.

7.62x39 used to be dirt cheap for the Chinese steel core ammo. Then Olympic Arms ass fucked the American shooters and built a pistol in 7.62x39. ATF ruled it was now a pistol round and banned all import/sale of steel core 7.62x39.

5.45x39 7n6 ammo is steel core. History is repeating itself.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#41]
April fools day is next Tuesday right?

If this is a joke a lot of people are gonna be pissed!

I just ordered another case.  Place I ordered from now shows out of stock!  
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:45:59 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

No steel core ammo in a pistol. Once a pistol has been made in a caliber, steel core ammo is forbidden/banned.

7.62x39 used to be dirt cheap for the Chinese steel core ammo. Then Olympic Arms ass fucked the American shooters and built a pistol in 7.62x39. ATF ruled it was now a pistol round and banned all import/sale of steel core 7.62x39.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cant wait to find out who is getting black balled
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll bet an unopened box of 7n6 the company that approached BATFE with a 5.45 pistol has ties to Obama or some left wing gun grabbing group.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:47:53 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
April fools day is next Tuesday right?

If this is a joke a lot of people are gonna be pissed!

I just ordered another case.  Place I ordered from now shows out of stock!  
View Quote

Copes and AIM surplus would not pull that type of prank on Arfcom.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:49:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'll admit surprise that the ATF has gone this far out on a limb, because at this point a first-year law student could beat them black and blue over this in court.  
View Quote

I presume you're volunteering your services.

While your at it, please overturn the determination that 7.62X39 cartridges with steel in the bullet core is armor piercing, too. It should be a breeze, since the determination has been made under the same subparagraph.

Thanks and Good Luck ...
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:52:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I'll bet an unopened box of 7n6 the company that approached BATFE with a 5.45 pistol has ties to Obama or some left wing gun grabbing group.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:53:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

While your at it, please overturn the determination that 7.62X39 cartridges with steel in the bullet core is armor piercing, too. It should be a breeze, since the determination has been made under the same subparagraph.

Thanks and Good Luck ...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll admit surprise that the ATF has gone this far out on a limb, because at this point a first-year law student could beat them black and blue over this in court.  

Thanks and Good Luck ...

Chicom 7.62 steel core was literally all steel core.

7n6 has a sizeable and deliberate (not trace amount) lead component in the core and does not meet the parameters in the clause Chicom 7.62 was banned under.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:54:04 PM EDT
[#48]
If this goes through, who's going to start the legal process to call bullshit on the BATF and where can I donate to them?
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#49]
So glad I didn't impulse buy that AK74 at the LGS last month
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 23
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top