Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/26/2014 9:25:53 PM EDT
If you use or want to use one of the below avatars, please let me know which one. I like to keep track.

Below are displayed virtually all of the avatars I've ever cut out for use on Arfcom, sorted very approximately by time of creation. Large blocks of images are spoilered for your convenience. I will try to only leave the most recent "block" of avatars unspoilered. There are considerably in excess of 2,000 avatars on this page, so they'll take time to load.

As of 2014-03-27, this is a recreation of the OP of a thread which I had posted in the Team forum, which has since been archived. I have reserved the first couple of replies for expanding the OP, since the post editor seems to cap out at 160k characters or so.

Please don't quote the OP. Your post will just be screen after screen after screen of links to pictures, and it'll look real bad.

I know loading this whole page at once and paging through the avatars is kind of lame. I'm trying to pare down the ones that aren't great. If anyone has suggestions on a better way to organize or display them, I'm open to it.

In addition to this one, I strongly recommend these other avatar threads:
1. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1288192_Avatars.html
2. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/1275613_Free_avatars.html
3. http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_75/824206_Official_Avatar_Clean_Up_Thread.html
4. DISENGAGE The CrappyAvatar! Blade at 175.95 Pixels!

If you see an avatar in this post that is in use by another poster, or where an identical or extremely similar avatar has been posted by someone else, please let me know so I can take it down. Furthermore, if you see an image which is in violation of the rules, please let me know so I can take it down.

Note: Virtually none of the images displayed hereafter are my own original work - they're all cropped and resized from pictures I found on the internet because I thought they were interesting to look at. I get a lot of the pictures I use from imageboards and forums, so it is beyond my capacity to attribute all of them. If you see your work or the work of someone you know would not approve of this use, please let me know and I'll take the offending image down.

If you'd like to use one of these avatars, please just post in this thread with a link to the one you'd like (right click on the one you want, click "copy image URL" and paste it in your post, or else type the File Name) and I'll move it to the "In Use" section. I can also add a BFL or whatever you'd like to it, but my Paint.Net skills are limited. For complex requests, I recommend the threads linked above.

I crop avatars from whatever ends up in my Downloads folder, which mostly means it's a lot of dumb internet shit and animal-people. If you want an avatar but don't see one you like, please feel free to post an image you'd like me to crop/resize or a "theme" you think you might like (e.g., "soldiers firing their rifles" or "shit what is on fire").

BAKER'S AVATAR HISTORY:
Click To View Spoiler

BLOCKS 1-44 (Spoilered for your convenience)
Click To View Spoiler

Avatars created by friends and wellwishers:
Toumaz:

Avatars created by other arfcommers:
UltraSpaceMobile:

Avatars cut from works created by other arfcommers:
QUIB: - http://quibphotography.com/

InfiniteGrim:

FORMERLY USED, NOW AVAILABLE:

CURRENTLY IN USE:
In use by ger42
In use by thehaitianactual
In use by bigger_hammer
In use by beenaround
In use by sgwlower
In use by ydididothis
In use by SineWav3
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:26:16 PM EDT
[#1]
BLOCKS 45--
Click To View Spoiler

By my friend and yours UltraSpaceMobile:
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:26:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Reserved for expansion of the OP (Max post size appears to be appx. 160k characters; image links eat it up faster than you'd think).

ETA: Given how long this page takes to load already, I don't think expansion of the OP beyond the first two posts will be required. I'm trying to delete avatars that are dumb or boring or look bad to help speed it up a bit.
Link Posted: 3/26/2014 9:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
welcome back!

haven't seen a post from you in quite awhile.
Link Posted: 3/27/2014 6:01:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks! I took a break for a bit.
Link Posted: 4/1/2014 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#5]
41 hot, fresh avvies. I'll try not to post less than 40 or 50 in a go:

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 11:07:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Requesting avatar reduction, member name and BFL addition to the avatar below.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Rrgh. I did the best I could with my limited skills, but it's hard to finagle <16kB out of a video clip that cool. If none of these are up to your standard, I recommend 23Pistol23's thread (the one that starts with "DISENGAGE") - he's much better at making gifs than I am.

ETA: Still picking at it, trying to wriggle a few more colors into it in the space available.
ETA2: Ugh! No good. I wish we could go a little bigger with the files.
ETA3: They do look a bit better with the contrast bumped.
Link Posted: 6/9/2014 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#8]
50 brand new ones. Enjoy, nobody.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
45 more

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:11:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I've only ever really used 1 avatar.  I've had variations of my avatar, but it's always been the same.

Occasionally for jokes, I sported the Dave_A avatar.

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:05:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've only ever really used 1 avatar.  I've had variations of my avatar, but it's always been the same.
Occasionally for jokes, I sported the Dave_A avatar.
View Quote

I change mine all the time, usually once a month. The grass is always greener on the other side of the tiny picture, it seems. Maintaining this big collection of pictures gives me a good selection of options I already found interesting enough to download.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top