Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2002 9:11:10 PM EDT
Just got my X-box yesterday for an early CHRISTmas present and so I went and rented HALO cause some guys on this board loved it. Well I loved it too until I got in the 4 wheel drive vehicle!!! What in GODS name were the controls of this game thinking with the controls on this vehicle! Its hardly maneuverable!? So I decided to stop playing after sheer anger of trying to drive it. I will say though that the X-box is superior to PS2 (which I have) in everything except games. I hope it doesn't get squashed by PS2 in the future.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:32:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Did you start it first?
View Quote

[img]http://forums.iroczone.com/images/smiles/lmao.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:45:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Luke........use the force
Seriously, don't think about it.  Just get the "feel", practice just driving for a while, and pretty soon you will "know"
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 9:48:09 PM EDT
[#4]
You had to go RENT Halo ? Around here all the X-boxes come with Halo. And this is not new. My boss bought an X-box last Xmas and it came with Halo.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well mine came with jet set radio and gt2000. I think splinter cell will be the next game I rent.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Don't give up on HALO, takes a little patience and practice but once you get the hang of it, you'll be addicted for life. I am trying to play through HALO now on legendary. HALO is the best FPS on any console period. Some other XBOX  games to try...

Splinter Cell
Ghost Recon
Hitman 2
Medal of Honor: Frontline
Mortal Kombat; Deadly Alliance
MechAssault
Star Wars: Jedi Outcast
NCAA 2003
Madden 2003
Unreal Championship 2003
and if you got broadband, get hooked up on XBOX Live, it is awsome.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 10:15:40 PM EDT
[#7]
How can you not drive the 4wd vehicle? It is so easy and I actually wish the racing games used the same setup since its so realistic.

Halo is by far the best FPS ever made. You need to get a few xboxes on system link and have an 8 vs 8 deathmatch. Ps2 really sucks once you play xbox for a while.

By the way, I have a ps2 as well. What games do you think are so great on it. I mean seriously ive had it forever and the only game worth a damn on ps2 is GTA. The best games are all on Xbox. Cant wait for ravenshield and Perfect Dark on xbox live. Im thinking of selling my ps2 and getting another xbox for system link.

Anybody here got xboxlive and Nfl Fever 2003?
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#8]
YOU CAN'T GIVE UP!!!  Just give it some practice.  Just drive the sucker around.  It will get so easy!  You have to treat the vehicle like you are looking through a camera.  Wherever you look is where it is going to go.  Once you figure that out, it actually works pretty cool.

If you don't like HALO then don't EVER rent spiderman.  Talk about control problems!

Patsue
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 11:33:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 11:37:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's some advice.  Don't pay attention to which way your vehicle appears it is about to go.  Just use the blue arrow above it and where ever u direct the arrow your vehicle will go.  It's really that easy.  It is pretty hard to try to drive the thing without using the arrow!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Wait until you get to the tank. That thing is a blast, literally! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:19:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Nope PS2 is still superior to the XBox!
Im sorry but the Xbox has the worst controller design ive seen sence the original nintendo.
I wish all new consoles used the N64 Controller which i the best controller ever designed IMO the PS2 isnt bad but The xbox is the worst.
In case you now all think im crazy I play the console games one handed. And on the N64 controler I could use nearly all the buttons
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:45:17 AM EDT
[#13]
I'll admit they are big, but once you get used to the Xbox controllers you won't be able to stand any of those rinky dink controllers with all the buttons crammed so close to each other.

But if you do have little girly hands, isn't there now an adapter to use a PS2 controller with the Xbox? Guess that pretty much takes care of the "But the controllers are SOOOOOOOO big..." complaint. [;)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 2:48:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I'll admit they are big, but once you get used to the Xbox controllers you won't be able to stand any of those rinky dink controllers with all the buttons crammed so close to each other.

But if you do have little girly hands, isn't there now an adapter to use a PS2 controller with the Xbox? Guess that pretty much takes care of the "But the controllers are SOOOOOOOO big..." complaint. [;)]
View Quote

Actually, they also make another controller for the XBox that is smaller than the normal one if you are one of thoses, "The world is flat" people. I saw it the other day at Toys R Us. It feels a lot like a PS controller...shitty.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Nope PS2 is still superior to the XBox!
Im sorry but the Xbox has the worst controller design ive seen sence the original nintendo.
I wish all new consoles used the N64 Controller which i the best controller ever designed IMO the PS2 isnt bad but The xbox is the worst.
In case you now all think im crazy I play the console games one handed. And on the N64 controler I could use nearly all the buttons
View Quote

Why? you only got one arm?{[;)]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 7:02:10 AM EDT
[#17]
First of all, Halo is the best game ever!  Do not give up on it!!!  You will be missing out on one of console gamings best.  Halo is so deep that you can play the same levels over and over and see different things each time!  Once you beat it on Legendary, go back and challange yourself to make it through levels w/o firing a shot!  Use grenades and melee attacks, FRICKEN AWESOME!

And just think, it all gets better wehn Halo 2 comes out!
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:17:24 AM EDT
[#18]
Ok, I'll try the driving hints. IT is an awesome game though especially the weapons and melee attacks. For PS2 games my fav was probably vice city and GTA3...But I also liked redfaction 1 and 2. ATV offload furry and SSX tricky were a blast. Dont get me wrong I like my PS2 and the game support is the best of all 3 systems(right now anyway). BUT...the Xbox has slightly better graphics, better processor, and in IMO a better controller. I love the startup screen too when I turn the X-box on....it doesnt take up as much time as PS2. I did rent unreal championship too and while it was pretty cool I couldnt get into it. On FPS games I like the ability to sneak up on enemies and unreal championship was pretty much just a annihilate everything. I went to try to rent splinter cell today but it was out again. I hope the controls are a little friendlier then MGS. I do have roadrunner so I might have to check out the online gaming thing.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:23:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Exactly Ps2 has GTA and Vice city, thats it and they get boring quick.

Imo Xbox is my dream machine. Everything is just perfect and the controller setup is a dream with those triggers for FPS. At first it took a while to get used to since I always played N64 goldeneye, but now that im used to the xbox setup I don't know how I ever played a game on N64.

Ps2 is really made for little japanese people. I can't believe I actually liked Ps2 when it first came out. Xbox is the future no doubt

By the way Redfaction is being made for the xbox now. Should be out in March. I thought it sucked on PS2 but of course im spoiled by Halo.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:32:00 AM EDT
[#20]
No, gamecube is made for little japanese people. Go rent ATV offraod furry, SSX tricky, red faction and time splitters. Time splitters is one of the most impressive FPS ive ever played but lacks a good story line and ability to sneak attack. I just dont think your giving it enough credit. I'll be really impressed with X-box when they get as many games as PS2. Thats where a game system wins is in game support. Just look at the beating PS1 gave N64. And N64 got that beating because of Ps1's game support. Thats why I didnt get game cube although it has the best graphics of all 3. Ninteno gears too much of its games on 12 year old girls. But that just my opinion[:D]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#21]
im addicted to Splinter Cell as we speak. Right now im at the part where I have to stop a live broadcast of U.S Soldiers being excuted. Only disapointment in the game is the weapons. Do silencers really weaken the bullet?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:35:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Mark, how are the controls? Is it 3rd person like MGS or 3rd person like GTA? Anyone play desert storm or socom navy seals?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#23]
Correct me if im wrong but I believe SStricky and timesplitters are on xbox and with better graphics. Also Redfaction 2 is being made for xbox. Sony has no great exclusives besides GTA.
All the best games are only coming out on xbox, Perfect dark, halo2, doom 3 etc. If you want a Ps2 mine will be on ebay in a couple of days.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:46:43 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
And just think, it all gets better wehn Halo 2 comes out!
View Quote

A co-worker's wife works for Microsoft and he was on the beta for Halo 2. He said that it blows the original out of the water.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#25]
How can you even [i]think[/i] that the POS2 is better than the X-Box? The X-Box rules!

The controls for Splinter Cell take a little gettting used to, but if you've played Halo for a while, you'll catch on soon enough.

I love the 4x4 in Halo! The Warthog rocks! In multiplayer, it's awesome! I had just me and Derek on a team, vs. 3 other guys, they all had sniper rifles, and we won. Most of the time, we just hauled around the map in the Warthog, I am the better driver, so Derek was manning the MG, which in real life is a GUA-19. 3 barreled 12.7x99mm (.50 BMG) gatling gun. Awesome.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#26]
OMG! The Jeep/Buggy thing is the easiest thing ever to drive! Then again, I'm a freshman in High School so it might be a little easier for me than you old fogies. Just use the blue arrow...and fishtail it A LOT! Also, once you get the hang of it I find it to be the best driving and most realistic vehicle out of every video game I've ever played.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:08:50 PM EDT
[#27]
sniper wolfe: I was playing video games when you were breastfeeding[:D] Look guys, the warthog is just hard to get used to when its completely different from any other driving game Ive played. BTW: I wasnt saying Ps2 is better just that they have more games. I cant wait for perfect dark to come out either. I think its possibly the best FPS game Ive ever played as far as concept goes. The weapons are the most innovative in any game. IVe heard doom 3 was going to be awsome...I thought it would only be for the PC.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 12:24:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Why? you only got one arm?{
View Quote

Well Sorta.
I have a mild case of cerebral paulsy which makes the muscles in my left arm connsantly try to contract a bit so It is inoperable for using to play video games... tho with most systems i can figure out a way to play and still beat my buddies.
No other good games besides GTA?
Isnt GT3 exclusive?

And the final question is when is the next system due to come out?
as far a I know there have been no new systems out for a year now. So should I jst get a PS2 or will I be screwed in 6months with a dated system I cant get games for?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 3:20:46 PM EDT
[#29]
Oregon shooter, for shooting games I liked red faction 1&2 and time splitters. For racing type games midnight club,ATV offraod furry and spalshdown are good...SSX tricky is awsome. I just rented 007 nightfire for x-box and im very impressed so far. They also have that for PS2. BTW, always rent your games b4 you buy them. Metal gear solid was the most anticipated game for PS2 but I rented it and didnt care for it.
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#30]
Any Halo players ever play [url=http://www.americasarmy.com/index.php]Army Operations[/url]? I'm addicted to that myself, but curious how they compare.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top