Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 3/21/2014 1:40:40 PM EDT
So it looks like after a massive internet backlash from people and the media, the school has backed down and allowed him to bring his Rainbow Dash backpack to school again, and anyone who goes after him will be punished. Good for him

You can read all about it here
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#1]
yay
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:46:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:46:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]
wat
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:47:31 PM EDT
[#5]
If they are actually harassing him then they should be stopped....but that's not going to help him later in life.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Bronies.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#7]
He should be allowed to have it.
The other students should be allowed to laugh and point.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Tis a pity.
Now he'll have to learn about life in the real world via a different painful lesson.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:49:23 PM EDT
[#9]
It really is faggy.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:49:40 PM EDT
[#10]
What. boys were hitting on him, isn't that what he wants
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:49:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Good.

If they voluntarily wear something it means you don't have to force them to do so....later.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:50:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Said lesson to teach a kid ... don't stand up for yourself, cry to the media and everthing will be alright.
He's going to get his ass kicked and that's exactly what he asking for
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they are actually harassing him then they should be stopped....but that's not going to help him later in life.
View Quote

No, later in life he can just sue to have someone make a cake for his wedding, take photos whatever.  Society will eventually force us to accept what the fuck ever.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Bronies on this board disturb me more than some kid with a rainbow dash back pack.

Basically grown men enjoying My Little Pony is baffling.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
He's going to have it tough when he gets to high school.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:57:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Next he can pee in the girls' bathroom!
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:01:35 PM EDT
[#18]
People should be wise enough not to do the things that single them out for a special kind of ridicule and abuse.

They should be free to do as they please, but sensible enough to judge the time, the place, the audience, and the likely reception they will get.

The school acted in good faith and with the best interests of the kid in question in mind.  

While I enjoy MLP, don't think for a second that I'm going to decorate my desk at my workplace with all manner of pony

related merch, even if you assumed I HAD any.  (I don't.)    

If wearing a specific shirt or backpack to school means you'll probably get your ass kicked,  you should exercise better judgement and

NOT wear it to school.

Judgement BEFORE the action is better than having to restrain others AFTER the act.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:03:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

i agree with this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:10:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I am all for the other students being allowed to express their dislike for it if that is their desire. I am not for them putting their hands on him and knocking him around over it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:11:48 PM EDT
[#21]
So just beat the fuck out of him off school grounds.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:12:40 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm ok with it, but still think the parents are stupid to allow it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:12:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Little faggot will probably off him/her self in a fit of 14 year old angst....

and zero fucks will be given amongst the normal folk.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:13:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I am all for the other students being allowed to express their dislike for it if that is their desire. I am not for them putting their hands on him and knocking him around over it.
View Quote

Mental abuse is still good to go. Excellent.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:13:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
So it looks like after a massive internet backlash from people and the media, the school has backed down and allowed him to bring his Rainbow Dash backpack to school again, and anyone who goes after him will be punished. Good for him

You can read all about it here
View Quote

Didn't know Aimless was staff at that school.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:13:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

View Quote

Kid sounds like he needs to be in a tard class. If you're bringing something a 2nd grader would carry to school, you have mental issues.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#27]
That was nice of the school to allow him back his right to free choice and speech.

To all the haters, what if what I think what you do is gay? Like the color of your gun? The way you comb your hair? The clothes you wear?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Little faggot will probably off him/her self in a fit of 14 year old angst....

and zero fucks will be given amongst the normal folk.
View Quote

Oh poor baby. Someone is realizing their type is a dying breed.

Shhh, don't speak, go quietly, shhhhhhhhhhh.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:16:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
That was nice of the school to allow him back his right to free choice and speech.

To all the haters, what if what I think you do is gay? Like the color of your gun? The way you comb your hair? The clothes you wear?
View Quote

Well put BubbaDog.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

To all the haters, what if what I think what you do is gay? Like the color of your gun? The way you comb your hair? The clothes you wear?
View Quote

I think this post is gay.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:18:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Bronies on this board disturb me more than some kid with a rainbow dash back pack.

Basically grown men enjoying My Little Pony is baffling.
View Quote

Bronies are the worst thing ever.

Just 1 step above transvestites.

Fucking fruits.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:18:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Said lesson to teach a kid ... don't stand up for yourself, cry to the media and everthing will be alright.
View Quote

Sounds like you missed out on grammar lessons yourself.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:19:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:19:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

and this.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:19:56 PM EDT
[#35]
I remember bullies they finally left me alone when I started stealing there homework and other philological warfare techniques
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:21:14 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

I remember bullies they finally left me alone when I started stealing there homework and other philological warfare techniques
View Quote

Looks like you were yiffing during English.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:21:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:21:28 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

View Quote
I wouldn't care

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:21:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

I respect your opinion.

Is it not the purpose of school to prepare children for the real world?

We can shield children from the worst depredations of the real world but as for the milder ones I think it retards proper development.

I'm not sure that the decision to make the applicable school punishments into his personal retribution is a desirable outcome either.

Children at that age establish a pecking order.  He has to learn how to stand up for himself without involving others if he can.  Zero tolerance policies et al, are harmful in my opinion but that's another discussion.

I'm sorry that he got picked on but he needs to learn how to straighten out bullies.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

We are well within our rights to laugh at you and ridicule you when we see you with your pink gun heading into the gay club wearing your chaps.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been ridiculed before.
I even got beat up once.
Go for it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:21:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Good for him. Bullies aren't cool.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Gee, its real hard to see why Republicans are losing elections.
You guys let a 14 year old kids clothing anger you more than the child rapist threads. (Which I tend to think most of you actually enjoy) Choose you battles.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:24:14 PM EDT
[#44]
The wife and I watch that show with my son and daughter. Sometimes I think we enjoy it more than they do. It's one of the few good cartoons nowadays. I don't think my son will be "faggotted" by enjoying a television show. However, I would love and accept him and do my best to keep the haters and bigots from harming him --- physically or mentally --- either way.

People like what they like. I get a lot of flack by people who don't like my guns or understand what I see in owning them. To each his/her own is how I see it. I reckon the world would be a much better place if parents were proactive early on and taught their children that personal preference is not a reason to raise a fist, bully, or torment anyone.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
To each his/her own is how I see it. I reckon the world would be a much better place if parents were proactive early on and taught their children that personal preference is not a reason to raise a fist, bully, or torment anyone.
View Quote

Quite well put.

I know you can't shelter kids from everything, but mental cruelty and especially physical violence against multiple antagonists that they can't hope to stop or fight isn't preparing them for real life- it's just letting them suffer.  Why shouldn't a school take responsibility to provide a safe environment conducive to learning by enforcing behavior standards?

We sure as hell do at work.  The guys who just effing can't learn to get along with people don't work much, if at all.

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:25:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think you meant spelling lessons  .... Sad Then again you're  a bronie lover from CA, so who knows
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:25:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

All things that happened to me in school and happen now. I'd deal with it without crying to the press and acting like a super special snowflake.
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:25:37 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

We are well within our rights to laugh at you and ridicile you when we see you with your pink gun heading into the gay club wearing your chaps.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are well within our rights to laugh at you and ridicile you when we see you with your pink gun heading into the gay club wearing your chaps.

The thing is, I am an adult, with sense. Ridicule doesn't send me into a fit of rage. Besides, you are from Canada, pretty sure you aren't even allowed a gun, and even if you do have one, how often do you have to asks for permission to go to the range and use it?
Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:25:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Good for him. Bullies aren't cool.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/21/2014 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

dysgraphia and English don't mix well :S
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top