Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2002 6:04:53 AM EDT
Student dies after shooting accident
By Associated Press
December 20, 2002

LOVELAND, COLORADO — An 18-year-old high school student died after an accident while target shooting with friends, authorities said.

Randal Williams Jr. was with three other students shooting into a hillside in the Carter Lake area on Wednesday, Larimer County sheriff's spokeswoman Eloise Campanella said. Witnesses told deputies that Williams fumbled his .22-caliber handgun, causing it to discharge about 2:15 p.m.

Williams suffered a gunshot wound to the chest. He was taken to McKee Medical Center in Loveland, where he died in surgery at 3:30 p.m.

[url]http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/state_news/article/0,1713,BDC_2419_1622614,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 6:27:13 AM EDT
[#1]
"Fumbled"?  

I REALLY hope the kid wasn't twirling it around his trigger finger.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 6:42:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Are the high school kids already on Christmas vacation there?

My high schoolers don't get out until almost 4pm.  Sounds like another skipping school tragedy with no parental supervision.  
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 7:52:00 AM EDT
[#3]
What is with mentioning he is a high school student? Did this happen at school? Did they mention what school he (apparently didn't) attend?

Another liberal label to tug at the heartstrings of the Million Mom marchers saying ..."Guns are bad, mmm'kay?"

Link Posted: 12/20/2002 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

My high schoolers don't get out until almost 4pm.  Sounds like another skipping school tragedy with no parental supervision.  
View Quote

I don't think so.
18-year-olds should not need parental supervision or a parent on hand to tell them not to point the gun at themselves while pulling the trigger.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top