Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2002 2:41:24 PM EDT
December 19, 2002

IMPERIAL BEACH – An elementary school-age boy who somehow got the keys to a car today led police on a brief South Bay road chase that ended with a non-injury crash, authorities said.

The pursuit began in the 1100 block of 15th Street in Imperial Beach about 10:45 a.m., sheriff's Lt. Doug Clements said.

The boy sped off to the north and west, into nearby San Diego, before doubling back to the east and losing control of the car on Coronado Avenue about four minutes later.

"The skid marks start in (San Diego), but the crash was actually with a street sign about 20 feet into Imperial Beach," the lieutenant said.

It was not immediately clear how the child, who appeared to be about 8 years old, got access to an automobile, though Clements speculated that it probably was a family car.

"My understanding is that he said something about how his dad was going to be mad at him," the lieutenant said.

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 2:44:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
"My understanding is that he said something about how his dad was going to be mad at him," the lieutenant said.
View Quote

"Boy, how many times do I have to tell you? Premium, premium, premium in the Corvette!"
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top