Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/19/2002 9:53:31 AM EDT
I was thinking about putting on it "You have just been killed by a United States Marine. Have a nice day!" Then have a cool skull and crossbones on it. Any ideas/thoughts? Can maybe someone hook me up with one with their photoshop talents?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#1]
We tried that in Iraq n Haiti...We got our asses reamed..anyway just dont get caught doing it by some UN dickheads or you will be in front of a war tribunal....
Good Luck ...may just run into you over there... this time is is a civilian position
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:10:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Not sayin you should make one (after all, a 5.56 upside the head is a pretty obvious calling card [:D]), but I was always partial to "We deal in lead, friend" from The Magnificent Seven...

Or, hell. Just drop a pork chop on the body. That'll get the point across. [;D]

Edited to add: Or, as a battlefield expediency, Pork Rinds could be substituted...
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:18:52 AM EDT
[#3]
That Canadian Soldier that took a pic of the dead Taliban with a cigarete in his mouth pretty much destroyed his carreer didnt he?

Sad when your gov trains you to kill but will disipline you for saying to the soldier you just killed "Bang your Dead.. "  

So ,i ts OK to kill them... just dont disrespect them?  

BTW ..

Be carefull out  there.....

and if you do get a chance to leave a card and not get caught... would you mind making one... " [red]From the AR15.COM Crew [/red]" ?   [:)]

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:23:38 AM EDT
[#4]
You know what we need - someone working on an aircraft carrier that can chalk "To Saddam from AR15.com" on a bomb and get a pic.  [i]That[/i] would be cool.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:24:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:26:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Very cool...that's a kick-ass idea.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:27:25 AM EDT
[#7]
You know what we need - someone working on an aircraft carrier that can chalk "To Saddam from AR15.com" on a bomb and get a pic. That would be cool.
View Quote

Next time I talk to my B-I-L I'll ask him if something like that could be arranged. He is currently on the USS Lincon.

echo6
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:38:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Devil dog, why are you telling a dead person that he's "just been killed"? Uh, I don't think he's paying attention to you any more....
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:40:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Devil dog, why are you telling a dead person that he's "just been killed"? Uh, I don't think he's paying attention to you any more....
View Quote

It's not for the dead.. It's for the soon to be dead.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:42:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking about putting on it "You have just been killed by a United States Marine. Have a nice day!"
View Quote

No flame meant,but:

[B]Behave honorably while you represent the USMC and the rest of our military.[/B]

I humbly suggest that you pay attention to the enemy that remains alive,and not too much to those you just killed.

The cutting of ears,leaving death cards and similar things will not help accomplish the mission.

[B]You are not a member of a godless mercenary force,but a member of a proud and select group of US combatants with a rich history![/B]

Stay alert and forget the cards!

In the end, it will make you a better soldier,a better man and one with less regrets in your older years.

How you behave in combat and the decisions you make will stay with you for the rest of your life.

Make sure you can "live with them"

I wish you nothing but the best luck while in harm's way.

Come back to us and your family alive and well.

View Quote

ditto!

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:50:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:51:19 AM EDT
[#13]
Hear, hear, EdAvilaSr !  You are right on.

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 10:56:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Aw come on, you guys are no fun. [:P]

Youre right though.
Can I at least t-bag one of them though?????? [:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:02:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#16]
Some of the SF guys left I Love NY stickers behind. Maybe you can do something like that.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:05:00 AM EDT
[#17]
An outstanding book about this and other practices is "Soldier" by Lt.Col. Anthony B. Herbert.  He was the most decorated soldier in Korea and commanded in VN.  He was drummed out of the military for reporting atrocities committed by South Viet and American troops.  He believed that our fighting men are the best in the world and do not need to resort to torture or other atrocities.  Great read.

Good luck and we'll be praying for you.

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:11:20 AM EDT
[#18]
You'd better just hope they don't get a bead on you or you might not be around long enough to pass out the death cards to all of your victims.  

The reason those Vietnam movies show soldiers putting death cards on bodies is to make a statement about the brutality and dehumanization of war and how easy it is to lose sight of civility and compassion.  It probably really happened only a few times, and has been immortalized in films ever since.  

How does that improve your morale or lessen the enemy's?  If my friend got whacked and I came across his body with a death card with some bullshit nonsense on it, It would not intimidate me, it would make me want to risk my life even more to get revenge.

Speaking of movies, remember in "Unforgiven" how pissed off William Munny got when he found out they put a sign on his friend and stood him up in front of Greeley's as a warning to all other would-be assassins?  Yeah, that worked out super-well for them.  Good thinking.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:17:16 AM EDT
[#19]
How about a Pig w/a Lightning bolt thru it!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:25:21 AM EDT
[#20]
Read carefully the words of Ed Avila, Sr and Sherm8404.

For 1 thing, you should not even be telling us about this! You could be risking the safety of yourself and other US servicemen and women.

Be safe.

AND DON'T TRY TO BE A FUCKING HERO!!!!!!!!!

WE WANT YOU BACK HERE!!!!!!!(That way I'll have someone to pick on)[:D]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:36:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Let your trophy of war be coming home to bounce your grandkids on yer knee...[:)]

P.S. kick those terrorists in the sack for us bro![uzi][pissed][sniper]
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:39:27 AM EDT
[#22]
You may have to kill, you may have to see people you care about get maimed and killed. You don't have to like it. You don't have to make a game of it. Just do your duty. Do it with honor. If you survive what ever comes, you will go on to live a long life. You will carry the memories of your actions with you a long time. What did Maximus say? "What we do in life echoes in eternity". Stay alive, stay in one piece. Get on with your life.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:46:17 AM EDT
[#23]
If it were me I would make up death cards with the Twin Towers on them.  Might not leave them right on a body, but if I blew up a house or a machine gun nest I'd drop one there.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 1:54:55 PM EDT
[#24]
I wouldn't... In A'stan, I would say go for it.

But, these "people" never really did anything to us, they are going to get dealt with because their leaders are jerk-offs (hey, that's how the ball bounces). All the media needs to do is get pic of something like that.

-or worse-

Someone pics one up and puts in on a dead little girl, oh the shit storm.

I have no love for the people in that part of the world, but I'd leave it be.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#25]
This will be the real deal and not a exercise.

The eyes of the world will be on you.

You are a Professional and you should act like one.  

Don't think about what has to be done just do it and do what you have to do, don't be a hero.

Hero's come home in a box because they have gave their all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:56:27 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm pretty sure killing them will be enough of a message.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#27]
believe me, when the shit hits the fan over there, they WILL know its the UNITED STATES ARMED FORCES!!

Godspeed Marine!!
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:21:31 PM EDT
[#28]
How about: "I got my head blown off for Saddam and all I got was this lousy t-shirt."
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:41:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was thinking about putting on it "You have just been killed by a United States Marine. Have a nice day!"
View Quote

No flame meant,but:

[B]Behave honorably while you represent the USMC and the rest of our military.[/B]

I humbly suggest that you pay attention to the enemy that remains alive,and not too much to those you just killed.

The cutting of ears,leaving death cards and similar things will not help accomplish the mission.

[B]You are not a member of a godless mercenary force,but a member of a proud and select group of US combatants with a rich history![/B]

Stay alert and forget the cards!

In the end, it will make you a better soldier,a better man and one with less regrets in your older years.

How you behave in combat and the decisions you make will stay with you for the rest of your life.

Make sure you can "live with them"

I wish you nothing but the best luck while in harm's way.

Come back to us and your family alive and well.

View Quote

I ditto all the above, and will add this. Don't forget to make out a will.......

And never forget;

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#30]
There is a little saying that always seems to come back and get me -- "pride comes before a fall".  Just watch yourself and make sure you kill them and not the other way around.  Good Luck!  My families prayers will be with you.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Just shove a pork rind in there mouths...
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 6:34:05 PM EDT
[#32]
You can try this:

Make youself a calling card (nickname) such as "Sniper One" etc.
Put the card on ANY dead enemy killed by you or not. Become a legend.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 9:17:56 AM EDT
[#33]
After reading what others wrote, I agree that death cards are probably a bad idea.  Just win the war and come home safe and sound.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:10:28 AM EDT
[#34]
Heres one from my unit, 11 or so years ago:
[img]http://album.gunsnet.net/data/mpiersma/208_p6844.jpg[/img]

Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Remember the outcries of the footage of dead Rangers being dragged through the streets of Somalia?  Desecrating or toying with the bodies of enemy soldiers would pretty much validate that treatment for American dead.

Ed's right on about this.  Act like soldiers and get treated like soldiers.  LIVE like soldiers.

Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:44:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Hhhhhhey, I could go out in the desert this weekend and scrounge up some dried out wild pig turds to mail to your unit ! You could insert one in the mouth of each KIA !!!!
I know this won't fly but those bastards have pissed me off 50 times too many.
GOD SPEED AND KEEP YOUR UNIT SAFE AND KEEP YOUR HEADS LOW !!!!!!!!!

[usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa][usa]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:58:15 AM EDT
[#37]
If you're gonna do it, just put your unit name/motto or patch on it. Tell them who did the killing, but don't taunt them. Remember this: those Iraqi boys are just scared kids. Lots of them are probably good men. Just do what you have to do to get the job done.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#38]
[i]Stay alert and forget the cards!
How you behave in combat and t[b]he decisions you make will stay with you for the rest of your life.[/b]
Make sure you can "live with them"[/i]

Wish someone would have put this to us back in '69 -70' and we had the good sense to listen...

That and make sure you have a toe nail clipper make that two...with you along with anti fungal creme and foot powder...

Take care of you buddy...listen to the old hands..keep your head down...and protect the medic rather than gawk at the wounded...encourage the wounded at all times..never never abandon hope or fail to encourage each other...

Wish I could go along..but its your day now..and you will be making history...

God bless you and keep you safe...
Our family will be praying for all those of "Our  boys" who go in harm's way
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 11:20:02 AM EDT
[#39]
I bet if you started finding Iraqi death cards on the bodies of your buddies, you'd be so pissed off that you'd fight like a fucking madman the next time you faced the enemy.  

Do you want to inspire that kind of feeling in your enemy?  It's not like it's going to be a secret who killed them.  

On the other hand, I'd still like to see a bomb with "From AR15.com" written on it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 11:24:14 AM EDT
[#40]
OPSEC my young devildog.....
View Quote
I took a link off of WND today, and found a pretty good order of battle including deployment equipment sets, all of it taken off the national press.

'Marine Grunt' saying he is going to join the 3k Marines already listed as there, by unit, is not op sensitive material.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 3:05:48 PM EDT
[#41]
when I was over there in '91, we wrote a letter to the biycycle card company and requested a case of cards with nothing but the ace of spades on it and our unit 3RD BAT. 15TH INF.
24TH ID.(M). they printed them up and shipped them to us, when we were in Iraq during the ground war we put them on everything we destroyed. So go for it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 10:25:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 11:20:06 PM EDT
[#43]
If the opportunity arises, kill as many of the motherfuckers as possible.

However, once an enemy combatant is dead, he's simply a dead soldier and is no longer your enemy.  To deface the dead, even in a small and symbolic way is dishonorable and repugnant.  You'll be a better Marine for not doing it.

Semper Fi, and good hunting!
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 3:54:01 AM EDT
[#44]
If they can write on the bombs then they should be able to deal out those cards.

I could see it if they were hacking the bodies up like the Apache used to do.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:37:01 AM EDT
[#45]
"You're next" in Arabic seems appropriate.

However, I respect Ed a lot and his suggestion is likely the best one.  He has talked the talk and walked the walk.  Gives him far more right to an opinion than me!

The serious suggestion from this civilian is do your job with honor and come home safe.  Seems to cover it.

and Thank You!
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 4:41:52 AM EDT
[#46]
If you read what the Japanese enemy did to our boys in WW-2 and the V'cong did to our boys. I think a calling card is pretty mild, after all if you can demoralize the enemy with it, you are doing your job. Now, to mirror another thread, if you shaved the enemy bald & wrote AR15.com on his forehead with a Sharpie.........

Anyway, if you do wind up over there, how about sending back some names & addresses of guys & gals over there and a want list of stuff so we can send some care packages. The P.O. won't do "To Any Soldier" deliverys due to the anthrax attack. The USO is just doing generic care packages. MAybe if we get some copies of Penthouse circulating, the terrorists will turn on Allah & see the light of America.

And, if you do find yourself over there with spare time on your hands, spend it practicing your training & shooting skills. Take care.
Link Posted: 12/21/2002 6:40:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Try to remember some "big picture" stuff before you go this route:

-About 90% of the Iraqi military are scared conscripts who probably won't want to fight;
-Iraq is actually a pretty secular country and they rapidly and efficently wipe out radical Islamic groups that show up in their AO (except for ones they are supporting, which are kept segregated, under guard);
-The average Iraqi wants Saddam gone, wants sanctions gone, and wants a return to the cozy middle class lifestyle and fairly high standard of living they had prior to 1991;
-The US military is going to be in Iraq for a couple of decades when the smoke clears from this one;
-Do you really want to spread counter-productive ill will that is going to make the job of turning Iraq into a secular democracy and staunch US ally (like we did to Germany, Japan and Italy) harder?
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 1:46:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 5:33:48 AM EDT
[#49]
From an AP article r.e. our forces practicing in Kuwait [url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/810733/posts[/url]

"On their gun barrels, they have painted names that include the flight numbers of the Sept. 11 airplanes that were hijacked, as well as a threat that now seems more timely: "All the way to Baghdad.""
Link Posted: 12/22/2002 8:54:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
OPSEC my young devildog.....

I have to agree with this!

View Quote
I took a link off of WND today, and found a pretty good order of battle including deployment equipment sets, all of it taken off the national press.

'Marine Grunt' saying he is going to join the 3k Marines already listed as there, by unit, is not op sensitive material.
View Quote

I don't think we should make it any easier for the enemy to figure it out.  The media is one of the biggest problems with OPSEC and INFOSEC.   They piss me off on a regular basis. I believe in freedom of the press, but not at the expense of getting our military members or other assets killed.  That idea doesn't seem to bother the liberal media. They can tell the story when it is over.  We don't need to know until then.  All of us should assume that there is at least one foreign intel officer/agent frequenting these boards, if only because a lot of military personnel are members.  They would not only be looking for specific information, but someone or a situation to exploit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top