Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/19/2002 6:12:20 AM EDT
[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021218/capt.1040241167.ivory_coast_xcn106.jpg[/img]

Women walk away from a French checkpoint with a newly arrived member of the 1st Company of the 2nd Regiment of Foreign Legion Paratroopers seen in the foreground at their position on the Sassandra river near Guessabo, 60 kms west of Daloa in the Ivory Coast on Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2002. French troops are attempting to enforce an often-violated October cease-fire and protect their nearly 20,000 citizens in the country. France said Tuesday it will rush hundreds more troops to Ivory Coast to build its force to 2,500 soldiers, who have received orders to shoot anyone threatening their ability to enforce the cease-fire. (AP Photo/Christine Nesbitt)

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/nm/20021219/mdf171550.jpg[/img]

Israeli soldiers remove a Jewish settler from an unauthorized outpost in the West Bank city of Hebron December 19, 2002. The settlers had erected the outpost to stake a claim to land near the site of a Palestinian attack which killed 12 settlers and security men last month. (Boaz Oppenheim/Flash 90 via Reuters)

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021218/capt.1040235388.attacks_redevelopment_xnyr354.jpg[/img]

This one of the proposed designs for the rebuilding of New York's World Trade Center, by Richard Meier and Partners, presented in New York Wednesday Dec. 18, 2002. Meier, who designed the Getty Museum in Los Angeles said buildings cover only one-fourth of the trade center site in his plan. The plan includes a floating ``memorial plaza'' on the Hudson River and a park with 2,800 small lights representing the victims of last year's terrorist attack.(AP Photo/LMDC)

[img]http://us.news1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20021219/i/1040308812.3087204439.jpg[/img]

Hollywood star and political activist Jane Fonda arrives for a meeting in Jerusalem, December 19, 2002. Fonda is in Israel to meet Israeli and Palestinian feminists involved in mutual efforts at pushing peace forward. REUTERS/Nir Elias

[img]http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20021218/capt.1040236352.duke_indicted_nux101.jpg[/img]

David Duke waves after walking away from the federal courthouse in New Orleans, Wednesday, Dec. 18, 2002. Duke pleaded guilty to mail fraud and tax charges. He could faces up to 15 months in prison and $10,000 in fines at his sentencing March 19. (AP Photo/Bill Haber)
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 7:40:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Just make sure you build a huge mosque in whatever replaces the Twin Towers.  We damn well better make the replacement the tallest building in the world, by a leap and a bound.

Push the limits....
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#2]
BTT for the night shift.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:02:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What is that French Soldier holding?

Looks to me like a Tactical White Flag Launching device, but Im not sure.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:26:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Fonda = [puke]

As for the French soldier.  I hate the French as much as most of you [:D], but I respect their soldiers protecting their citizens.

Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
What is that French Soldier holding?

Looks to me like a Tactical White Flag Launching device, but Im not sure.
View Quote

FAMAS is what he's holding.

I agree, we need to build an even larger building.

But are the people willing to work there?
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Is that an Aimpoint on the FAMAS? Looks like it.

One thing about the FAMAS; to me the barrel always appears to be pointing upward.
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 4:45:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Miller - bet you a zillion dollars that thousands of people would line up to work in those building again, just to spite the Muslim scumbags.

Wouldn't you?

CMOS
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Fonda = [puke]

As for the French soldier.  I hate the French as much as most of you [:D], but I respect their soldiers protecting their citizens.

View Quote

That's not your typical Frenchman.  He's a member of the Foreign Legion.  For all we know, he could be German, British, Canadian...etc.

and yes, Fonda is a puke.  I did see something humorous regarding her on Fox News today.  It seems that she had a reception party waiting for her arrival in Israel.  They were following her around chanting "HANOI JANE! HANOI JANE!!!"
Link Posted: 12/19/2002 11:07:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Miller - bet you a zillion dollars that thousands of people would line up to work in those building again, just to spite the Muslim scumbags.

Wouldn't you?

CMOS
View Quote

Well, to be honest, my goal is to make as much money as I can, without working in the city.

That aside, hell yea I WOULD!!

I guess I don't have as much faith in the general populas as I should.
Link Posted: 12/20/2002 12:00:01 AM EDT
[#10]
I think the frenchie picture is backwards ... he's holding the rifle in his left hand (uncommon) and his beret is folded over his left ear (which I've never seen before, especially when it's worn like an american)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top