Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2002 4:09:55 PM EDT
How big or small will your Christmas bird be? Will it be a yard bird, turkey, duck?

I got a lil 14lb gobbler. But I'm hoping someone in the family is having duck! [beer] [marines] [beer]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:19:01 PM EDT
[#1]
My family deviated from the typical Christams bird for dinner many years ago.

This year it will be filet mignon and king crab legs - yummy!

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Had turkey for thanks giving so we will have prime rib for Christmas dinner and likely a 15-22 pounder.

THISISME

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be making about 8 gallons of gumbo for Christmass eve and on Christmass day we will have a bigass turkey and a ham. I am toying with the idea of a turduckin kind of creation for next year. I alternate holidays between my family in Louisiana and my wifes family in Tennessee.

I think a deboned, stuffed cornish hen, inside of a deboned baking hen, inside of a deboned turkey, inside of a deboned pig, would bake up nicely. With frequent injections of apricot and honey with pepper and onion powder it should be edible. Boudin stuffing and large shrimp placed here and there inside the monster might help too.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:04:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Mmmmmm Gummmbooooooooo! I will need to look into that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top