Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/10/2014 11:03:45 AM EDT
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334649/

Movie about the true incident where the guy was cuffed and accidentally shot in the back by police

Had to a bit when the whole subway train started dancing together to rap music on NYE.

Course they portrayed the guy as a drug dealer who is trying to get out of the game.

Anyone else see it?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 11:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Is it like fruitplate station?
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 1:54:13 PM EDT
[#2]

No, you're thinking of "The Taking of Fruitplate 123."

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 2:56:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Here's the truth.
Oscar Grant was a POS criminal. He was killed by an poorly trained transit cop while handcuffed.

Grant was no saint and Mehserle was no monster

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 4:50:49 PM EDT
[#4]
"Where Wallace at, String?"
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:03:36 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2334649/
Movie about the true incident where the guy was cuffed and accidentally shot in the back by police
Had to a bit when the whole subway train started dancing together to rap music on NYE.
Course they portrayed the guy as a drug dealer who is trying to get out of the game.
Anyone else see it?
View Quote

I ride BART through that station everyday.

In the mornings its just us commuters sleeping, but in the afternoon the natives are about and it can get hairy.

Dancing to rap, smoking cigarettes/pot, shitters, people having sex, ect...seen it all.
ed;

as for Grant, don't be fighting and thuggin' on the BART at 2AM and you won't accidentally be killed by the BART cops.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#6]
I was waiting to see it until I could catch it as a double-matinee with 12 years a slave.  I like my white guilt in massive doses.  But I'm privileged that way.

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:22:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was waiting to see it until I could catch it as a double-matinee with 12 years a slave.  I like my white guilt in massive doses.  But I'm privileged that way.

View Quote

I thought 12 years a slave was a very well made movie.

I didn't feel the slightest tinge of white guilt.  But then again, I'm probably not the right guy for that sort of thing.  Not a guilty bone in my body.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:33:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Here's the truth.
Oscar Grant was a POS criminal. He was killed by an poorly trained transit cop while handcuffed.   Grant was no saint and Mehserle was no monster

View Quote

And...  that IS pretty much the truth.  I might have left out the POS since I've dealt w some true POS's and Grant didn't quite rise to that
level for me.  He was however, no innocent.

Overall the movie was a cheezy, artsy, lefty take on a very serious and violent  subject.  I'm not sure how much conjecture was involved but the filmakers use of the pitbull rescue part was LOL laughable.  

Also, a glaring lack of development for Mehnserle's character.  I mean, maybe he saved a puppy that day too.  

spf

Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:42:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
"Where Wallace at, String?"
View Quote

WHERE THE FUCK IS WALLACE!!?!?!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#10]
They screwed up The Hobbit too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top