Quoted:
FBHO
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:10:53 PM EDT
[#4]
LOL!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Supposedly it is so they can counsel you on safe storage if you have children.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:18:34 PM EDT
[#6]
at 36 I am sure his professional medical knowledge is very deep and vast
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:22:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm sure that will be the first time people lie to their doc...
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:25:19 PM EDT
[#8]
My answer is N/A
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#9]

As God as my witness, I will not ask patients about guns in the home on behalf of the government.  Fuck this shit.

I guess the other option is checking the "no" box if it asks about firearms.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:34:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't just say no.  Anything other than no means yes, and it's not like they are going to search your house...
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:35:57 PM EDT
[#11]
FBHO and simply say,No Guns at home
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:37:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Its already happening in Naval hospitals.  Regular check up for your kid and they ask about guns.  Are they loaded.  Do you know where they are.  Do mommy and daddy fight....
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#13]
As a lawyer, I think my first question in response would be "What professional qualifications or credentials do you hold with regards to firearms safety?"  and maybe "Do you think it is wise to counsel patients in an area that you have no professional qualification in?  Does your malpractice insurance cover that?"
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#15]
If the doctor asks, just tell him you are more of an explosives guy :)
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:50:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm not sure why anyone wouldn't just say no.  Anything other than no means yes, and it's not like they are going to search your house...
View Quote

I agree. So I'm going to tell my doc a half truth. I live 90 miles east of the Utah state line. Right in the heart of big game territory. "Of course I do. That cow elk needed a little persuading to get into my freezer." She just doesn't need to know a thing about anything but my .30-06.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#17]
F(anyone-who-has-an-affiliation-with)BHO.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

What about when they ask your kids? Think about it for a second... you may have the presence of mind to answer "no", but what about when they pose the same question to your kid? Young children don't always understand the implications of their actions and may answer this question accurately and without any thought of the possible repercussions (like being placed on a gun-owner database). Before you accuse me of wearing the tinfoil too tightly, go read a history book; and then imagine how many more people would have died if Stalin or Hitler had computer databases and social-media at their disposal to find dissidents and "dangerous" persons. As long as a power to govern other people exists in this world there will be people who will abuse it.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:04:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I'd throw my book-sized training file on the desk.  

But then again, I wouldn't be asking you about your guns either.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a lawyer, I think my first question in response would be "What professional qualifications or credentials do you hold with regards to firearms safety?" and maybe "Do you think it is wise to counsel patients in an area that you have no professional qualification in?  Does your malpractice insurance cover that?"

I'd throw my book-sized training file on the desk.  

But then again, I wouldn't be asking you about your guns either.

Hey, if you've got the background I'll listen to what you have to say.  But somehow I'm guessing the more enthusiastic supporters of this idea lack that background.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:06:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I would grab a body part and say, "right here."
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Its already happening in Naval hospitals.  Regular check up for your kid and they ask about guns.  Are they loaded.  Do you know where they are.  Do mommy and daddy fight....
View Quote

Time for the OPSEC talk with the kids, huh?

And for Obunghole's Surgeon "General"  Want in one hand, shit in the other, see which fills up first.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:09:12 PM EDT
[#22]
oh good, another poorly qualified left wing activist.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

What about when they ask your kids? Think about it for a second... you may have the presence of mind to answer "no", but what about when they pose the same question to your kid? Young children don't always understand the implications of their actions and may answer this question accurately and without any thought of the possible repercussions (like being placed on a gun-owner database). Before you accuse me of wearing the tinfoil too tightly, go read a history book; and then imagine how many more people would have died if Stalin or Hitler had computer databases and social-media at their disposal to find dissidents and "dangerous" persons. As long as a power to govern other people exists in this world there will be people who will abuse it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My son helps me reload-  He knows he can only talk about it with family and close friends...  The reason is some people will get scared if he talks about it because they don't understand and have never done it before...
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:17:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I agree. So I'm going to tell my doc a half truth. I live 90 miles east of the Utah state line. Right in the heart of big game territory. "Of course I do. That cow elk needed a little persuading to get into my freezer." She just doesn't need to know a thing about anything but my .30-06.
View Quote

That's about 91 miles too far. We'd welcome you on the right side of that line.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:17:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

And for Obunghole's Surgeon "General"  Want in one hand, shit in the other, see which fills up first.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It happened to one of my friends at Cherry Point 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:18:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:19:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
As a lawyer, I think my first question in response would be "What professional qualifications or credentials do you hold with regards to firearms safety?"  and maybe "Do you think it is wise to counsel patients in an area that you have no professional qualification in?  Does your malpractice insurance cover that?"
View Quote

Followed by "If safety is the sole reason for your asking, why are there no similar questions about swimming pools, drain cleaners, exposed electrical wiring, gasoline storage, power tools, kitchen knives, glass bottles, water heater temperature settings, slippery bath tubs and shower stalls, temperamental pets, vehicle child seats, bald tires and worn shock absorbers, lead paint, hot cooking surfaces, alcoholic family members, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, neighborhood pedophiles, turkey fryers, proper safety gear on bicycles, scooters and skateboards; oleander bushes and other poisonous household plants, peanut allergies, wasps, bees, spiders, scorpions, rattlesnakes, cottonmouths and other poisonous snakes; unattended mop buckets, hand washing habits, stepladders, barbecue grills, lawn mowers, flammable clothing and bedding; unsecured stairs and balconies; plastic bags, hot tubs, laundry bleach, swing sets, slides and other playground equipment; improperly stored food, radon, hair dryers plugged into electric outlets near sinks and bathtubs, prescription medicines - and hundreds of other equally significant risks to children?"
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 9:21:15 PM EDT
[#28]
And the correct answer is....FBHO
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:33:39 AM EDT
[#29]

The guy's resume is impressive.

Oh, wait. No it's not at all. Just another educated talking head with NO real experience. How is this shit possible?
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:38:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

bingo...any response has to be in terms they understand and can relate too.....
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 3:51:11 AM EDT
[#31]
Checking "NO" will make you a felon if you have guns.

At least I'm sure they are working on it.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:03:08 AM EDT
[#32]
More deaths via vehicles versus firearms.

Once again it's the choice of direction of the agenda.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Is lying to a healthcare professional a felony yet?  
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:14:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the kids are under 18 you should be with them in the exam room. If 18, they should know better.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:28:41 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Supposedly it is so they can counsel you on safe storage if you have children.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

That's like me counseling my doctor on gall bladder surgery.

What thee fuck does he know about guns.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Dr. Vivek Murthy was born in the UK and founded "Doctors for Obama" in 2008.  "Doctors for Obama" became "Doctors for America" after the election.   This looks like another direct, campaign payback by Obama.  And, conveniently, Dr. Murthy wants to disarm the us population and do his part in generally shredding the Bill of Rights and the Constitution.

Since Biden, has Obama picked a single white, straight, American born man for any position?
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:31:29 AM EDT
[#37]
-Doctor "Do you own or have access to any firearms?"

-Me "Does your wife like it up the pooper on a regular basis?"

-Doctor "EXCUSE ME?!"

-Me "Oh, I'm sorry. I figured since we were asking inappropriate personal questions that have absolutely nothing to do with my medical care that I would just swing for the fences. So how about it doc, does she like it when you knock on the back door?!"

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:33:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I DO NOT think your tin foil is too tight.

I'm just glad my kids are grown.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:33:42 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:35:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
-Doctor "Do you own or have access to any firearms?"

-Me "Does your wife like it up the pooper on a regular basis?"

-Doctor "EXCUSE ME?!"

-Me "Oh, I'm sorry. I figured since we were asking inappropriate personal questions that have absolutely nothing to do with my medical care that I would just swing for the fences. So how about it doc, does she like it when you knock on the back door?!"

View Quote

Like your mentality.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:37:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Deleted...........inappropriate response by me.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:41:15 AM EDT
[#42]
My wife is supposed to ask, but she doesnt feel comfortable counseling on that stuff.  I dont know that she really does, or if she has a blanket statement "lock em if you got em."

I have to ask occasionally for certain meds and job requirements, those get docemented.  Random talks about hunting or what they carry, don't.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:43:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Everyone of My Drs already asks me, so does my insurance.  I am honest with them
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:43:49 AM EDT
[#44]

They can ask whatever they want.

Doesn't mean I have to answer.

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:44:31 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

They can ask whatever they want.

Doesn't mean I have to answer.

View Quote

That insidious motherfucker wants to ask your children also.  
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:46:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

If the kids are under 18 you should be with them in the exam room. If 18, they should know better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner!

No way I would have ever left my child alone in an examination room until he was old enough to form coherent thoughts when asked a question.  Of course for males, this is often somewhere north of 40.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:47:26 AM EDT
[#47]
My doctor already knows, as we have seen each other at local gun shows.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:52:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Good thing no one has to tell the truth
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:53:05 AM EDT
[#49]
British born and came here when he was three.

If we keep ending up with liberal shit birds like that dude I'd just soon the "best and brightest" stay the fuck where they are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivek_Murthy
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 4:58:54 AM EDT
[#50]
About two years ago my kids doctor asked my wife, and my kid at the same time if there were any firearms in the house.  The wife & kid looked at each other, and then turned to the doctor, and replied........"nope".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top