Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/17/2002 7:27:25 PM EDT
My wife is as addicted to scrapebooking as I am to guns so I got her a bunch of THINGS she needed to get her jollies.

How about some other ideas there are still a few days left.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:30:23 PM EDT
[#1]
WHAT WIFE???
WHAT GIRLFRIEND???

Please quit rubbing it in.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:31:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Scrapebooking, wtf is that? Is that like pasting articles, hair and other useless shit in a book for memories??  :)
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:36:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:46:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I too have a scrapbooking addicted wife (of 24+ years).  We have an unspoken agreement.  She knows exactly what she wants for scrapbooking supplies and equipment, and gets it herself.  I know exactly what I want for shooting and reloading supplies and equipment, and get it myself.  No problems, we both are happy, and the attic is not overflowing with unwanted junk.

For christmas, and any other occasion, she always wants and gets jewelry (though she very rarely wears it).  OK by me, it makes the safes "ours" instead of "mine".

Mzzlbrk - go visit a jewelry store.  Impossible to go wrong.

DanM (25 years next september - what is it that are a girls best friend?)
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
WHAT WIFE???
WHAT GIRLFRIEND???

Please quit rubbing it in.
View Quote

2nd!
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Dishwasher!  Hers broke a few weeks ago.

How's that for exciting and romantic.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife called me at work the other day to tell me that the dishwasher wasn't working. I asked her if she needed me to come home and kick her in the ass to get her started.[:)]

I went out today and bought my wife a few things. I got her a Polo sweatshirt, a pair of Oakleys, a Nike running suit, White Diamond perfume (Does anybody know if this smells like shit? I didn't really know what I was buying.) and a keychain light.

I still don't know what to get her for her big present. I went looking tonight in Dallas as I hopped around some of the gun shops looking for another Christmas gift, but I didn't find anything. I've still got a few days.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Defcon

LMOA!!!

I wish I had balls like yours. I know you gotta be kidding but it sounded so good!!!!

DanM

Sounds like you got a good thing going. Keep up the diamonds you can always make your $$ back on that stuff. Where you at in TX.

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#9]
GF has decided on a Beretta 96 Elite II.

She doesn't have a .40S&W in her collection and has taken quite a fancy to Beretta after getting a Cougar 8000 in 9mm.  I suggested if she was going to get a plain-jane 92 she should bump it up for the Elite II.

After all, it IS Christmas and I AM paying for it.  [<|:d>]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

My wife called me at work the other day to tell me that the dishwasher wasn't working. I asked her if she needed me to come home and kick her in the ass to get her started.[:)]

View Quote

OMG that's funny!

[:D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:14:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Mzzlbrk:  I wasn't clear.  Diamonds only once so far, but likely to be twice come the 25'th anniversary.  There is lots of nice jewelry that doesn't have diamonds.  In this area there are several stores called James Avery Craftsman, homebase is Kerrville, TX I think.  Lots of real nice stuff without precious stones.

DanM (Austin area)
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:21:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Mrs Stealthy gets a keyring light too, plus some foul-smelling perfume, body lotion and a book on the REAL statistical chances of being poisoned by PCBs in drinking water, getting cancer from your cellphone etc. (her tin foil hat is a bit too tight these days). I'm also taking her and the boys skiing, provided we can find any snow hereabouts.

Apart from the above, she gets to go on a spree of her choice, and in return I get a nice new top-end for my lonely-looking Bushy lower.

She got a new Chevy Tahoe as this years anniversary present, so this Xmas is definitely a no-whine zone.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]
My wife called me at work the other day to tell me that the dishwasher wasn't working. I asked her if she needed me to come home and kick her in the ass to get her started.
View Quote

LOL - Just too funny

I wish I could kickstart my wife.

DanM

(Austin area also)
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:46:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
What is the wife and/or girlfriend getting for Christmas?
View Quote

Remnants of sweet fuck all. Better still, a nice romantic candle lit dinner at a fine restaurant, she can go on Tuesday and I will go on Friday.

Seriously, we each buy what we want throughout the year.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:21:45 PM EDT
[#15]
My wife of 22 years (and 8 children) asked for and received a pre-ban eagle Arms 20' A2 w/green furniture last year.  That's what she wanted, and and was really surprised when she opened the package last Dec. 25th.

I'm gonna have a hard time topping that this year.. or perhaps topping it isn't what it's all about.  She asked me for, and I'm giving her, some $$ to take a single mother in the community shopping for clothes for her kids this Friday.. and I've talked my Boss into matching my contribution, so some other kids are going to have a great Christmas!  

My selfesh ass is finally starting to learn after all these years on this planet, that "Getting" isn't what it's all about - the "Giving" is..

X
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 12:35:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My wife is as addicted to scrapebooking as I am to guns so I got her a bunch of THINGS she needed to get her jollies.

How about some other ideas there are still a few days left.

View Quote

new refrigerator, microwave, widescreen HD tv, a sexy new outfit, and dinner at our favorite restaurant this weekend.

what do i get? benelli m4 super90 (already got it), a safe for all the toys, and a new set of tires for the beemer.

which one of us got the better deal?
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 12:48:43 AM EDT
[#17]
My wife is wanting a new camera (we have a digital camera and an automatic 35mm) so I am going to get her a SLR 35mm camera.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 1:35:48 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm going straight for her juglar vein here..

She's getting a Dell laptop computer for her new business venture.  [;)]
That should help offset the Vector Uzi I just bought.      [:P]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 2:41:15 AM EDT
[#19]
a restraining order
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#20]
My wife Diamond and pearls and the girlfriend [:O] uh errrr ..........
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:51:52 AM EDT
[#21]
Got the wife a nice pearl necklace and a couple of shares of stock (in her name) as an investment.

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 3:57:48 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:31:30 AM EDT
[#23]
She got a Kel-tec as an early present. She's also getting a new underwater camera, a new watch and lots of chocolate. Her stocking is usually full of little goodies as well.
Oh, and a gift certificate to Vicki's secret!
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:41:49 AM EDT
[#24]
We usually get something for "us" every year that we've discussed in advance.  Christmas will be a little sparse this year due to job loss and me saving money for going back to school full time.  Will also have to sell off a few items and guns to pay bills now.  Ah, well - at least I'm alive and in fairly good health.  Its going to be a little sad though because of my pal Mark being murdered last Friday in TX.  Puts a bit of a damper on things.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:47:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

DK:

Sorry to hear your wife broke her hands.

[stick] Owch!  Just kidding honey.

Down hill skis and boots.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:55:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Can't say..she's suddenly become VERY active here in the last couple of weeks.

Honey, if you read this, all I want is my LTR paid off so I can take it home.  I don't want it to have to spend a lonely Christmas in Elmore's safe.

Love,
QS
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:02:37 AM EDT
[#27]
I made her an origami mobile.  (She has a thing for mobiles.)  She couldn't fit a big enough smile on her face; it was great!  [:D]

I also got her a Kershaw Ken Onion Chive because she wanted a knife small enough to carry anywhere.  Of course, I had to get one myself too for those occasions where my CRKT M16-04 draws too much attention.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:18:26 AM EDT
[#28]
A Bow on the door of her new house.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 7:57:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Ponyboy,

Take back that nasty White Diamond YUCK, and get her some Dune. It's by Christian Dior, a little spicy, but it works well for dinner, cocktail parties, whatever. Very nice stuff.

AND EMPTY YOUR IM BOX.....IT'S FULL!!!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:02:13 AM EDT
[#30]
A vasectomy!!! (Did it last Friday)  [:e]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:11:04 AM EDT
[#31]
My GF is getting an engagement ring and "The Question" on Christmas morning.

FooBarBaz
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:15:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
A vasectomy!!! (Did it last Friday)  [:e]
View Quote

[B]WE HAVE A WINNAH!!!![/B]

THAT is a good present...and good for YOU too!  Shooting blanks is cool when you are done making young 'uns.  [;D]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:17:42 AM EDT
[#33]
LOL - thanks for making me laugh, guys.  I needed it.  Regarding the vasectomy for Xmas:

When I lived in Atlanta there was a urologist who advertised vasectomies on billboards.  The billboards were hilarious.  Around Xmas time he'd show two red ball ornaments, with the caption "Imagine how much fun you'll have showing off the scars."

ROFL
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My GF is getting an engagement ring and "The Question" on Christmas morning.

FooBarBaz
View Quote

Have you REALLY thought this out?

(Married 30 years next February 3.)  [;D]

Seriously...good luck!  [beer]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:24:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
a restraining order
View Quote

Try Leather goods. Nothing like a belt in the mouth and a boot in the ass.......

(yeah, I stole it from someone else's thread, but WTF.)
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:45:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Got the GF a 2003 Toyota Echo (well,... 2,500 down on it, she has to make the payments).

The ex is getting some doggy toys (for the 2 dogs she got after the split).
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 8:49:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 9:32:50 AM EDT
[#38]
Creative Memories stuff....
Those PhotoMosiac Puzzles she likes so much....

Anniversary (1/10) she is getting an Opal and Diamond ring.

Brithday (1/29) who knows, I'll be broke by then...

[:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top