Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2002 10:25:54 AM EDT
[url]http://www.nationalpost.com/search/site/story.asp?id=14CF0148-14F3-4BB6-B914-CAB4DF4155F9[/url]

Slow day, so I'm giving y'all both barrels.

I'm not a potsmoker, so I'd still like to see it legalized just so the corrupt criminal justice industry would have to find a new racket (or go belly-up, a situation which I wholehaertedly prefer).

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#1]
So...marijuana shouldn't be decriminalized because quality will decrease, and it will be more of a pain to get?  I still gotta go with legalize it...stop funneling my tax dollars into worthless bullshit, that's expensive, being used as an excuse to erode our rights, and putting hundreds of thousands of people in jail a year, people who are law abiding except in this one stupid way.  The war on drugs is retarded and corrupt, let people smoke weed, and if they commit crimes under the influence, PROSECUTE THEM FOR THE CRIME!  Keee-rist, people can be stupid sometimes.  And by sometimes I mean always.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
So...marijuana shouldn't be decriminalized because quality will decrease, and it will be more of a pain to get?  I still gotta go with legalize it...stop funneling my tax dollars into worthless bullshit, that's expensive, being used as an excuse to erode our rights, and putting hundreds of thousands of people in jail a year, people who are law abiding except in this one stupid way.  The war on drugs is retarded and corrupt, let people smoke weed, and if they commit crimes under the influence, PROSECUTE THEM FOR THE CRIME!  Keee-rist, people can be stupid sometimes.  And by sometimes I mean always.
View Quote

I agree.

Don't tell me what I can or cannot do to my own body.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

MisterGreens.  What an appropriate name for this thread[:D]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#4]

I agree.
Don't tell me what I can or cannot do to my own body.
View Quote

I'll second that. I'm a big fan of making my own choices.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Deadman,

Well said.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:03:22 PM EDT
[#6]
This topic has been beat to death before, but I will again fly the flag of "it will never be legalized because the LEO agencies are sucking on the nipple of seizure funds", even though I a a huge proponant of legalization.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:21:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Legalize it! I'd much rather ride around with someone who smoked a fat one rather than someone who is drunk. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:22:06 PM EDT
[#8]
End the insane war on drugs.  

That is all.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:48:26 PM EDT
[#9]
To me any type of prohibition is stupid - what ever happened to personal responsibility? Live and let live works for the most part. I feel laws should exist only for those things which infringe upon on ones right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Things like murder, rape, assault, robbery should be punished to the fullest extent of the law - but having a law for every little thing? Things were so much simpler when my family came to this country (1634)
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 12:59:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Let me jump in there and help you beat this dead horse.......

Legalize it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:16:32 PM EDT
[#11]
i agree, pot is NO worse than beer or cigarets, at least pot smells good, cig's smell like ass, and well beer makes you act like one.

besides when was the last time someone got lung cancer or enphezyma from pot, or scorosis of the liver, pot just makes the food bill a bit higher

although i quit years ago, i think it should be legalized or atleast out law cigaretts and alcohol also, since we KNOW those have serious consequences for using.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:31:44 PM EDT
[#12]
9/10 adults prefer bongs over dental work.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 1:36:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Legalize it! I'd much rather ride around with someone who smoked a fat one rather than someone who is drunk. [:)]
View Quote

I bet you would Panama Red.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 2:45:00 PM EDT
[#14]
This is all about my cowardly federal government's give us your Guns and we will let you get high ideology.

I would rather have more firearms thank you very much!

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:18:00 AM EDT
[#15]
The war in drugs is simply the extension of prohibition. The feds and local agencies were all geared up for busting booze runners and moonshiners, and when that cash cow finally came to an end, they needed to find something to keep the ball rolling and to justify their outrageous expenditures.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:26:06 AM EDT
[#16]
legalize it

I drive much better when I'm stoned out of my gourd than I do when I'm piss drunk.

Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:28:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
This is all about my cowardly federal government's give us your Guns and we will let you get high ideology.

I would rather have more firearms thank you very much!

View Quote

Sadly, I fear that what you suggest might become the reality. When you look at the 9th Circuit, you can clearly see them saying, "We want to take your guns because you don't have the individual right to own them, but we will give you the right to possess and use marijuana."

There are enough stoners who would take that deal.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 4:53:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Ummm, Marijuana is not bad. Trading Marijuana for your firearms? LMAO... yeah it'll come to that hehehe. Cinch that Reynolds(tm) up nice and tight.. heheh

You guys crack me up.

Edit:

Hey this is funny too, I listen to NPR every morning on the way to work... I can back this stat up!

%49 of kids that don't do after school activities use drugs!!!  LMAO!!! So %51 that do participate in after school activities DO use drugs... lol.

You guys crack me up!  [:D]

BTW, AR's are a gateway gun... I traded mine for a SAR-8, a .45 USP, and a Walther P99 --- funny stuff, heheh
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 5:21:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
9/10 adults prefer bongs over dental work.
View Quote

that 1/10 is a f-ed up individual.

But hell, if they enjoy dental work I am not going to stand in their way.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#20]

There are enough stoners who would take that deal.
View Quote

Not any that had brain cells remaining.  The ones that would are so far gone as to be a lost cause and pretty much worthless anyway, and most likely wouldn't have guns to begin with.  I don't think that many gun owners that smoke would trade their rights for roaches.
Link Posted: 12/18/2002 7:09:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ummm, Marijuana is not bad. Trading Marijuana for your firearms? LMAO... yeah it'll come to that hehehe. Cinch that Reynolds(tm) up nice and tight.. heheh

You guys crack me up.

Edit:

Hey this is funny too, I listen to NPR every morning on the way to work... I can back this stat up!

%49 of kids that don't do after school activities use drugs!!!  LMAO!!! So %51 that do participate in after school activities DO use drugs... lol.

You guys crack me up!  [:D]

BTW, AR's are a gateway gun... I traded mine for a SAR-8, a .45 USP, and a Walther P99 --- funny stuff, heheh
View Quote

I never said pot WAS bad.

The reason pot is a gateway drug is because it is demonized so badly (just like the AR15) and when a kid finally gets ahold of some, they think, "That's it? That's what the fuss is about? What else are they lying to me about?"

There was a day and time in my youth when I burned an ounce a day with a couple of my burnie bros.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top