Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2002 6:53:02 PM EDT
is; how do they manage to keep those ballcaps on their head?

You know the type, the older styled ones with the mesh on the back and cute logos or slogans on them like "Retired, Old Fart, Im With Stupid,I'd Rather be Fishing"

The wind could be blowing 200 miles an hour and the cap, that "looks' as if its barely on, doesnt move a cm.I think its all an illusion, tho.The cap barely sits on the crown of his head.

If any of you olde phartes could answer this for me I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Staples
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:01:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Caps are tied to the hair piece.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:05:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't you know that 14 day old hair grease can be used as an adhesive?
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Velcro

Even though I'm an old fart, I still have hair, so I don't wear a hat [%|]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:19:31 PM EDT
[#5]
And you thought denture cream was only for fake teeth!
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:23:02 PM EDT
[#6]
My dad used to favor Vitalis.  The classic gold liquid stuff not the fancy-schmacy "styling" sprays of today.  I always thought that was gross, taking a shower and then putting gobs of oil back on your hair.

It did make for an unbreakable cap to skull seal.

Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:30:26 PM EDT
[#7]
You ever wonder how old phartes keep their underwear from falling to their ankles?
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Velcro

Even though I'm an old fart, I still have hair, so I don't wear a hat [%|]
View Quote

Not related in any way to the topic, but...

Waldo, that has to be the most...err..."unusual" sig pic I've ever seen.
[shock]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 10:10:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Its a very complex formula comprising of zero lift and substantial downforce, more wind will actually push the hat downward!

the 'mesh' on the back of the hat that allows air to flow thru in side windsm also a seconday function is to promote low drag.

[img]http://www.wyb.com/61-0017old_fart_cap.jpg[/img]

heres a better view of the un-restrictive mesh, this feature has proven minimal resistance in multiple wind tunnel tests.

[img]http://www.pjstrickshop.com/Custom%20Items/Mesh_Hat.jpg[/img]

Also take note on the  almost entirely flat brim or bill, high volumes of air can pass over this without creating lift- actually with the brim and foam frontal portion at a 75 degree incline provides a substantial amount of downforce, similar to F1 style racing aerodynamics.

[:D]

Link Posted: 12/17/2002 4:56:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
You ever wonder how old phartes keep their underwear from falling to their ankles?
View Quote

Don't know how the others do it, but I just push out my pot belly, and the extra bump holds 'em up.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:08:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Same thing that keeps a yarmulke on.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Son, we just know how to wear a hat. That's all.

When you are old and wise enough, you'll know too.

Happy to help.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 8:23:09 AM EDT
[#13]
I'd like to know how you figure out which direction a yarmulke is supposed to go?
:)
At least old farts know which direction the sun visor is supposed to face..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top