Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2001 12:38:54 PM EDT
After I got done at my mall water fountain coin retrieval job, I was thirsty so I went to the sammich store to get something to drink. There was a girl in front of me in line and when she got done paying she walked away and accidently left this weird looking electronic key thing on the counter. I hurriedly went over to her and gave her the mistakenly abandoned item. She said "Thank you. I wouldn't have been able to go anywhere if I didn't have this."

I think I messed up.

Would she have become my girlfriend if I had just kept the key and been really mean to her if she asked for it back?
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:41:27 PM EDT
[#1]
ya did good.

and to answer your question:  no, she'd probably hit ya.  =)
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:44:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Imbrog|io:
I think I messed up.

Would she have become my girlfriend if I had just kept the key and been really mean to her if she asked for it back?
View Quote

Some women do seem to LIKE being Shytted on.

problem is, they don't wear signs indicating this.

Here's a solution - watch your friends girlfriends, and see if these girls like being abused and treated like human doggie doo.

then treat 'em worse than your friend does, and steal 'em from your friend.

Disclaimer:
I have no proof that this works. It just seems like it would.

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:46:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Once when I went up to the ATM at the mall after an older woman was there, I was about to put my card in when I noticed the screen already said "Do you want another transaction?". I pushed yes, then I pushed "withdrawal from checking". it asked how much, and I punched in $300.00. I looked over at the old lady off in the distance, then I got a concience.
I pushed "cancel" and her card spit out. I took it out, and walked it over to her. I handed it to her and said "You should be careful. You left your card in the machine." She just took it and said "Oh, thanks" like it was no big deal.
I doubt she knows how close she was to losing a few hundred bucks...

I've never regretted giving it to her, I guess my concience has grown stronger since I was a kid.[:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:50:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Here's a solution - watch your friends girlfriends, and see if these girls like being abused and treated like human doggie doo.

then treat 'em worse than your friend does, and steal 'em from your friend.
View Quote

Uh, well as of yesterday I no longer have any friends.

"No man is a failure who has friends." - from It's a Wonderful Life.

What does that mean for me?
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:22:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmmmmm "weird looking electronic key thing".

You FU*KED-UP....It was her motel/hotel key and she was offering you a piece of delicious ASS!

LMAO

[}:D]

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:32:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree.  That was the key to get your P.D.S. cured...

You failed.

Btw, how much coinage was in the fountain?
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I think that you did the right thing.  I don't understand how you think being mean and not giving it back would make her want to date you.  If somebody were to do that to me, they would probably lose most of their "manhood", if you get my drift.
Some of us like to be treated like s**t, but the majority of us like to get respect.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:49:44 PM EDT
[#8]
I dunno what the key was for but it had a hook thing that fit on a keyring and on the bottom it had about 1 1/2" of pc card connector.

Today was pretty good at the water fountain. There must have been alot of dot com goatee head investors tossing coins in and wishing that their company's 1st qtr reports were above forecasts.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 3:25:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Why shoot Boy Scouts?  That doesn't sound right.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:12:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Why shoot Boy Scouts?  That doesn't sound right.
View Quote

I'm sure they're asking for it. [smoke]

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#12]
MAN.....no wonder why you aint gettin` laid!!!!!!![heavy]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Treetop, hope you smiled for the camera!  [:)]

That might have been an expensive 300 bucks if you had done the wrong thing . . .
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 6:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Or was is the Boy Scouts shooting youth??  Please! We get enough bad press about firearms.
[red]P.R.K.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 6:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Chairborne Ranger:
Treetop, hope you smiled for the camera!  [:)]

That might have been an expensive 300 bucks if you had done the wrong thing . . .
View Quote

Good point, and something I hadn't even considered at the time. The lady seemed so absentminded, that she might not have even known what happened.
I made the right choice, but more importantly I made it for the right reason.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#16]
DUDE!!!
That was the remote control for her (inserted) vibrator!!
It was set on "max orgasam" and she wanted you to pick up the control button and press the on button!
DUDE!
You are soooo friggin thick!!!
Just think, you had the POWER right there in your hands and you walked away from her.
Awwwwwwwww!!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I doubt she knows how close she was to losing a few hundred bucks...
I've never regretted giving it to her, I guess my concience has grown stronger since I was a kid.[:)]
View Quote

You did good by giving the card back.  If you had forgotten your own card, wouldn't you want someone to hand you your card back without withdrawing $300.  This person may do the same for someone else in the future.  As a gunner, you have to be squeaky clean because you could loose your right to own a gun very easily.  Many of those ATM machines have a built-in video camera......
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 12:21:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Good choice...plus your transaction on her card would have been time stamped with your picture on it. If the banking institution is FDIC you would be committing a federal crime I believe by taking the money out.Plus where the hell can you buy an AR for $300 bucks?
:-)

John[heavy]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#19]
Good one Horseshoe.

Imbrog|io, you should have told her you were simply trying to help a lovely damsel in distress. Then told her that even though a reward was not required if she would agree to share a soft drink with you at one of the near by tables the honor of her mere company for a few moments would be worth all the rich's in the world. 'Course this would come across better from a man not dripping wet and paying for the drinks with soggy change taken from the fountain.
Take advantage of your opporunties man. In the long forgotten days of chivalry women would often drop their hankercheif for a bouy to pick up and return to her. These days they are lucky if some clown will just yell across the room, "[i]Hey bitch, you dropped yer snot rag!"[/i]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 5:13:30 AM EDT
[#20]
Wait...let me get this straight.

You collect coins out of public fountains?

Is that your main occupation, or is it some charitable work you do on the side? I'm not trying to insult you but when I read that you did that I blew my drink all over the computer screen. Do you get to keep the money or something?
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:14:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 6:23:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/17/2001 10:53:27 AM EDT
[#23]
That electronic key device was to her chasity belt, and she wanted you to be her first.  ALL these years waiting and waiting for the right man, finally finding one, and YOU passed it up.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:36:07 PM EDT
[#24]
i always treat my girlfriends like princesses, but there was this one time... i wanted to break up with this girl but didnt have the heart. so, i started being no so nice hoping she would break it off. nothing bad, just little stuff. well, it didnt work. she became more attached. i think she liked the challenge. most girls like to be treated like a princess. some like to be crapped on, but i wouldnt depend on it for a tactic.
Link Posted: 6/14/2001 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top