Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/16/2002 2:08:02 AM EDT
was a fat ass at 290 lbs on Sept 1st so I started walking then running.

Now I'm pumping iron 4 times a week running 3 times a week and swimming 2 times a week.

hoping to be 220 by the Jan Webshooters.

yay paper

Link Posted: 12/16/2002 2:11:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 2:26:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn fine job my man!  Keep up the good work.  Physical fitness is SO important, and an often overlooked aspect of preparedness/self-reliance.

50+ pounds in four months is a lot.  I would encourage you to make sure you are eating enough to fuel your engine, and that the foods are healthy.  

How much water are you drinking per day?  Based on your message I hope it's two gallons.  Yes you'll be pissing every half hour but your body will thank you and reward you for drinking so often.

Don't be so concerned with numbers as you are your general health and endurance.  So what if you don't weigh 220 by January?  You're probably in better condition than most AR15.com'ers.

Again, good job and keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 2:33:37 AM EDT
[#3]
congrats!  I need to get off my ass and start walking/lifting weights again.  Asthma keeps me from doing much running [:(]

FOTBR
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 2:35:46 AM EDT
[#4]
thanks guys.

I drink about 6 liters of water a day.

eating 6 med sized meals

big thing is I cut out breads and red meat.

eating tons of fish and veggies...

and lots of scotch and or martinis for carbs hehehe....

Paper was hit a dump truck about 6 years ago and woke up in the hospital. body and soul and have been slowly going to hell ever since.

haven't been able to work out in years, and now that the pain level is down to a manageable level I have been working out like crazy.

I'm going to be 30 next month but I feel like I'm 18 again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top