BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2002 6:56:44 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 7:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Strong possibility that more than likely not a coincidence and maybe terrorism.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:29:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't terrorists blow up the boat, or maybe hijack it and hold the passengers hostage? I don't see how making everyone puke and shit for a week would acomplish a lot. The fact is, sometimes people get sick en masse due to a billion different reasons. Not everything has to be a "terrorist" plot. Don't yall see a pattern to the terrorists? All they've tried to do is blow stuff up and kill people, now all of a sudden they change tactics and decide to give everyone at Disney the shits? Just the thought is humorous.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:35:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:35:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wouldn't terrorists blow up the boat, or maybe hijack it and hold the passengers hostage? I don't see how making everyone puke and shit for a week would acomplish a lot. The fact is, sometimes people get sick en masse due to a billion different reasons. Not everything has to be a "terrorist" plot. Don't yall see a pattern to the terrorists? All they've tried to do is blow stuff up and kill people, now all of a sudden they change tactics and decide to give everyone at Disney the shits? Just the thought is humorous.
View Quote

I agree.  They would go for big and/or dramatic.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:38:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Just [i]another[/i] unrelated incident.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:45:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Terrorism?  Possibly someone with an ax to grind, "disgruntled" employee.  Not likely to be international terrorism in the usual sense.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 8:57:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Terrorism?  Possibly someone with an ax to grind, "disgruntled" employee.  Not likely to be international terrorism in the usual sense.
View Quote

Terrorists?  Not likely.  

The affected vessels are from different companies so it is not a "disgruntled" employee.  I thought it might have been the produce supplier but ships from different ports are now infected.  Then I thought it might be the islands themselves but the vessels are visiting different destinations.

It is truly a mystery here in South Florida.

Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:07:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think a few people have died.  I still think the anthranx was terrorist related.  [red]Hurting our economy is their goal.  Not just killing.[/red]
View Quote

Who says, you? Name one terrorist incident that was planned solely for the purpose of hurting the economy.

This whole, hurt our economy bullshit is something made up by the media to sell newspapers. How would grounding some cruise ships damage the economy? Instead of spending money on a cruise people will just spend it at Wal-Mart.

Obviously the anthrax incident was terrorist related. Was it middle eastern terrorists? Who knows, but by definition it was a terrorist act.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#11]
If they wanted to hit New York for strictly economical reasons then they would have flown all three planes into Wall Street. They hit the World Trade Center because it was a huge monument to the American way of life, it would kill thousands of people and because it was a huge arena for commerce, not just because they thought it would destroy our economy.

Besides, our economy is so huge, it's going to be hard to be interrupted by terrorists. What happened after the WTC attacks, besides a bunch of media bullshit? Nothing. People kept of buying stocks, people kept of buying durable goods, people kept of buying cars, people kept on buying houses, etc. In the grand scheme of things the WTC attacks aren't even a blip on the economic radar screen. Sure thousands of people got squeemish and jumped out, but there were thousands of others ready to jump in and take their place.

Attacking an economy as huge as the one of the United States of America just isn't a viable terrorist plot. Sure they'll take every chance they get to knock a little chip off as collateral damage, but it's not going to be their main goal.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:33:35 AM EDT
[#12]
thousands (if not more) people come back from mexico/jamaica/carribian sick every year.  why are the cruise lines any different than standard land based vacations.  the people get off the ships touch everthing, and drink their asses off (bad ice).  i doube the cruis ship itsel is to blame but rather what people pick up while off it and they speread it around.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Slow media=hunting for stories.
Remember last year when they were reporting on all the shark attacks?  In actuality shark attacks were down last year compared to previous years.  Then 9/11 hit and they finally had something to report on.
Just wait, Bush Jr. will attack the whole middle and far east, and the media will have something to report on again.

Anyone got any numbers that say that more cruise ships are getting sick now than this time last year?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top