Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2002 1:39:10 PM EDT
Here's what I'm looking for:

low light scope for use at ranges of 75yds-500yds

I got a pretty substantial coyote problem and I think my FAL is up to the task. I won't say that money is no object because that is certainly not true.

On the other hand, I'm willing to save up to get something that I'll be happy with. I was thinking Leupold though the swarovski and some of the others sound really sweet I think those are a bit beyond my budget
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:21:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a Cobra Gen II night vision scope I'll sell you for $1100.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:20:52 PM EDT
[#2]
unfortunately NV is beyond my budget :(
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:36:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a BSA Cats Eye scope that currently is on top of my Tromix .50AE AR. I use it for deer hunting. I found that the biggest problem with using a scope in low light was not being unable to make out the target, but was to see the reticule against the dark body of the animal. It is battery powered but I have had excellent life out of mine. The optics seem to be pretty good as well.

The one downside is the the on/off switch is an unprotected pushbutton. So I find it necessary to remove the battery when I am not actively hunting with it. The battery cover comes off with a quarter.

They sell for around $100.00.

Bob

Link Posted: 12/15/2002 4:30:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Acog?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 9:16:48 PM EDT
[#5]
There are two problems with low-light shooting.

1)light transmission
This is dependent on the quality/coating of the glass and the size of the objective lens, and effects your ability to see the target.

2)reticule visability
As it says, you will be able to identify the target, but not your crosshairs.

The solution is a large objective lens and illuminated reticule.  I had a 4-12x56 Micro-Dot scope on a target AR that proved excellent in low-light shooting.  It had a illuminated dot in the center of the crosshairs; just point and click.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top