Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 2/24/2014 2:31:13 PM EDT
In on what everyone thinks will happen.  I've not seen any stories posted yet, but the Russians are not going to let a port slip away.  Also, it will be sad to see how Obama lets them get away with it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Russia is not going to invade but the result of Soviet ethnic cleansing and  repopulation is most likely stand as Crimea becomes an unrecognized Russian autonomous region like Abkhazia or Transnistria.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:36:55 PM EDT
[#2]
the ex leader who is in a wheel chair is going to end up looking like this guy.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:38:24 PM EDT
[#3]
How exactly is the Ukraine in our interest? Granted on a personal level I'd love see Russia get fucked royally. However, I fail to see how this is in the United States interest to interfere.; that's a European issue.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:38:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Interesting times we live in.  

The message 0bama is sending with the coming military budget is being heard loud and clear.    
-K
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:42:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The message 0bama is sending with the coming military budget is being heard loud and clear.    

-K
View Quote

Seriously are you ready to go to war against Russia?  I wish the Ukraine's the best but they should realize we ain't  coming to
pull their chestnuts out of the fire.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 2:57:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Galaticia for the Galaticians
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Seriously are you ready to go to war against Russia?  I wish the Ukraine's the best but they should realize we ain't  coming to
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

maybe not, but neither do you announce to the world that you plan to dismantle any real response from the US Military THE DAY AFTER there was a "negotiated" agreement in the Ukraine. This administration is being run by pre-schoolers.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
How exactly is the Ukraine in our interest? Granted on a personal level I'd love see Russia get fucked royally. However, I fail to see how this is in the United States interest to interfere.; that's a European issue.
View Quote

The conflict in Ukraine is bitter, violent, and complicated.  U.S. meddling would likely make them much more likely to sympathize with Russia- as many in their nation already do given the vicious nature of the protestors.

Ukraine isn't a prize to win- it's an economic basket case on the verge of collapse.

Spare us your amateur musings on what the U.S. should be doing to win this deep crisis on the other side of the world.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:11:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

maybe not, but neither do you announce to the world that you plan to dismantle any real response from the US Military THE DAY AFTER there was a "negotiated" agreement in the Ukraine. This administration is being run by pre-schoolers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

No, this thread is being strung along by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Jesus Christ what U.S. 'military response' is on the table over this?  None.  Some reading on the subject would be tremendously helpful to you.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/ukraine-isnt-a-prize-and-no-one-is-winning-anything/
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:11:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

maybe not, but neither do you announce to the world that you plan to dismantle any real response from the US Military THE DAY AFTER there was a "negotiated" agreement in the Ukraine. This administration is being run by pre-schoolers Marxist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

maybe not, but neither do you announce to the world that you plan to dismantle any real response from the US Military THE DAY AFTER there was a "negotiated" agreement in the Ukraine. This administration is being run by pre-schoolers Marxist.

FIFY  
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:14:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

-K
View Quote

Oh, nonsense. We could conduct WW3 just fine with reduced ground forces. They won't be much use in a nuke exchange anyway.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:24:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Really don't follow what happens over there. Enough going on here at home, but how is the situation different for us to involve ourselves in versus the Georgia thing? Which Bush did nothing over as well.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:24:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

Oh, I think the Ukrainians realize it very well. Take Georgia for example. One day, they're fighting an American war for Americans, then the next day, they're on a plane back to defend their country against a Russian invasion, and the US Is all like, "So long, thanks for the help, now go die."

Not saying the US should have come to Georgia's aid, but it was a weird situation to say the least. And the world observed.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Oh, I think the Ukrainians realize it very well. Take Georgia for example. One day, they're fighting an American war for Americans, then the next day, they're on a plane back to defend their country against a Russian invasion, and the US Is all like, "So long, thanks for the help, now go die."

Not saying the US should have come to Georgia's aid, but it was a weird situation to say the least. And the world observed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

-K

I interfaced with quite a few of the Georgian's before they got shipped back. Mostly hard guys. I have the odd feeling there was more than just Georgian's as far as hardware goes on those planes we flew them back on.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:31:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Your tardity despresses.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:38:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Reducing Russia's power in influence in Europe and Asia while expanding our own and demonstrating that we can, for once, actually be good friends and allies (especially to the newer NATO members and other current and prospective allies, which ostensibly could include a future Ukraine) is most certainly in our national interests.  The U.S. doesn't exist in a geopolitical vacuum.  What happens in Europe most certainly affects the U.S., and the Russian resurgence is a major part of what affects events in Europe (as well as in Asia, where we obviously have many interests; just look at how Russia has affected our response to Syria and Iran, among other things).

IMO we should do whatever we can to ensure that Ukraine ends up being outside of the Russian orbit, looking Westward, and becoming a U.S. ally and perhaps even a part of NATO, eventually.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:41:22 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View Quote

Same reason the cold war existed...

Except it never ended. That's why we are (and should be) involved.

Hardcore communism just took a break and went under another name to spread itself around the world the past 23 years. It's coming back...

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#18]
It'll be interesting to watch. But not any of our concern.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:49:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:Also, it will be sad to see how Obama lets them get away with it.
View Quote

What if Russia started telling the US what to do about Mexico
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:49:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm actually kind of surprised that the temporary leader over there hasn't asked for immediate NATO membership. THAT would piss Russia off.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:52:59 PM EDT
[#21]
why would obama care about ukrainians?

they white and christian.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 3:57:00 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

Funny how Georgians and Ukrainians fought and died for American interests in Iraq and Afghanistan... Sorry guyz,LOL #YOLO is now American realpolitik.

Is it any wonder that nobody takes the US seriously anymore?
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Meanwhile we are sending weapons and aid to Iran, yes Iran, who then funnels them into Syria.

You know how we like to ask the rhetorical question "how much tax is enough tax" to liberals, knowing they can't answer honestly without saying 100%?

Well, how much foreign intervention is enough foreign intervention?

Also, I keep seeing this force reduction come up and it's a little baffling.

Should we keep enough troops and gear at the ready to fight two official "hot" wars and numerous other "police actions" at all times?

Being balls deep in the entire worlds affairs seems to be a little counter intuitive to the stated conservative ideology.

Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:17:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

No, this thread is being strung along by people who have no idea what they're talking about.

Jesus Christ what U.S. 'military response' is on the table over this?  None.  Some reading on the subject would be tremendously helpful to you.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/larison/ukraine-isnt-a-prize-and-no-one-is-winning-anything/
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

I quite understand the deterrent effect of a strong, non minimized, military. I may not have a tankie thing but I did my time along the Czech border thank you very much. When you tell the world that your military is taking second seat to the FSA the world takes notice.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
the ex leader who is in a wheel chair is going to end up looking like this guy.

http://trialx.com/g/Ricin_Poisoning-4.jpg
View Quote

dioxin poisoning will fuck you up
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm actually kind of surprised that the temporary leader over there hasn't asked for immediate NATO membership. THAT would piss Russia off.
View Quote

Russia keeps things stirred up in Ukraine for just that reason. Just like in Georgia, if there's an internal dispute the country can't get membership.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Does Russia have the same superiority in every aspect that the US has in real life in you're scenario? If so, we take the Russian comments into consideration.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:03:23 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:08:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

When your opinion is bolstered by just posting some other dude's opinion, what point do you really have?

For us to formally announce this force reduction as Russia is saber rattling does indeed send a clear message.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:11:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

The conflict in Ukraine is bitter, violent, and complicated.  U.S. meddling would likely make them much more likely to sympathize with Russia- as many in their nation already do given the vicious nature of the protestors.

Ukraine isn't a prize to win- it's an economic basket case on the verge of collapse.

Spare us your amateur musings on what the U.S. should be doing to win this deep crisis on the other side of the world.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ummmmmmm

ok

lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:12:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Why should 0 do anything?  We're broke.  America first.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:13:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Meanwhile we are sending weapons and aid to Iran, yes Iran, who then funnels them into Syria.

You know how we like to ask the rhetorical question "how much tax is enough tax" to liberals, knowing they can't answer honestly without saying 100%?

Should we keep enough troops and gear at the ready to fight two official "hot" wars and numerous other "police actions" at all times?

Being balls deep in the entire worlds affairs seems to be a little counter intuitive to the stated conservative ideology.
View Quote

If we only had special Army teams who were well versed in UW and FID, among many other skills, and could disappear in the noise...
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:29:03 PM EDT
[#33]
A few thousand protesters do not speak for a country of millions.  Soros, the same guy that brought us Obama, is causing this shit.  The main forces of the 'protest' are wanting EU inclusion, not autonomy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If we only had special Army teams who were well versed in UW and FID, among many other skills, and could disappear in the noise...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If only they actually recruited, selected, and trained for such possibilities anymore.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:34:46 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

A few thousand protesters do not speak for a country of millions.  Soros, the same guy that brought us Obama, is causing this shit.  The main forces of the 'protest' are wanting EU inclusion, not autonomy.
View Quote

Ah, yes, George Soros, the eternal agent of rootless cosmopolitanism and international capital.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:35:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Wish they would...
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:37:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If only they actually recruited, selected, and trained for such possibilities anymore.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know, right? Best send in the SEALs
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#38]
This is what will happen: Ukraine is BROKE, Russia is the only country offering to lend them billions, Russia will be in control again very soon.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:39:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

When your opinion is bolstered by just posting some other dude's opinion, what point do you really have?

For us to formally announce this force reduction as Russia is saber rattling does indeed send a clear message.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-K

What clear message?

Ukraine isn't our puppet nor would we want them as a client or dependent state.  There is little we can do to help them or their moribund economy.  Jumping in feet first and instigating even more strident protests or violence by intimating that we will aid these protestors has been tried and failed many times.

What Larison and I am saying is that it's time to stop playing with the destinies of other countries merely to antagonize Russia.  It's harmful and counterproductive- particularly when our history is to quickly tire of the details of cleaning up the mess after the melodrama and bluster has moved on to something else.

Name one legitimate Ukrainian or American interest that we serve by ham-fisted provocation.

If you actually think that military intervention in Ukraine is something on our radar, not to mention NATO's, then you're reading too much WSJ and need to get out more.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:40:30 PM EDT
[#40]
Russian military always moves by train. Would be easy to follow.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:40:40 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

This is what will happen: Ukraine is BROKE, Russia is the only country offering to lend them billions, Russia will be in control again very soon.
View Quote

If the Ukranian nationalists are smart they'd transfer Crimea back to Russia in exchange for the Russians assuming Ukranian sovereign debt.

Presto, no more pesky ethnic Russians.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:50:41 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If the Ukranian nationalists are smart they'd transfer Crimea back to Russia in exchange for the Russians assuming Ukranian sovereign debt.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That'd be the inch. The mile would come later.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:53:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been saying the former for some time, heck I've been sating they should offer with no strings.

But, the latter would not be true, there would still be shitloads - and overwhelming majorities in Odessa and in the East.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:54:50 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I've been saying the former for some time, heck I've been sating they should offer with no strings.

But, the latter would not be true, there would still be shitloads - and overwhelming majorities in Odessa and in the East.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't the Russians have troops in Transdnester?

Partition the country in two now, not after 10 years of war like Yugoslavia.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:57:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What clear message?

Ukraine isn't our puppet nor would we want them as a client or dependent state.  There is little we can do to help them or their moribund economy.  Jumping in feet first and instigating even more strident protests or violence by intimating that we will aid these protestors has been tried and failed many times.

What Larison and I am saying is that it's time to stop playing with the destinies of other countries merely to antagonize Russia.  It's harmful and counterproductive- particularly when our history is to quickly tire of the details of cleaning up the mess after the melodrama and bluster has moved on to something else.

Name one legitimate Ukrainian or American interest that we serve by ham-fisted provocation.

If you actually think that military intervention in Ukraine is something on our radar, not to mention NATO's, then you're reading too much WSJ and need to get out more.
View Quote

Not intending to, and deliberately making ourselves wholly unable to, are entirely different things.  I get out plenty, thanks.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:57:50 PM EDT
[#46]
I sympathize, but it's not our problem. They want to be in the EU? Let the Europeans fight for them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:57:51 PM EDT
[#47]

There is a very sharp divide east vs west.  A divided Ukraine would make sense.  But politics never  make sense.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:00:31 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I sympathize, but it's not our problem. They want to be in the EU? Let the Europeans fight for them.
View Quote

For all intents and purposes, "the Europeans" means "Germany and Friends."

If at first you don't succeed...
Link Posted: 2/24/2014 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
In on what everyone thinks will happen.  I've not seen any stories posted yet, but the Russians are not going to let a port slip away.  Also, it will be sad to see how Obama lets them get away with it.
View Quote

It not any of Obama's business, Ukraine can take care of itself. All the Ukrainians have to do is make a lease deal with Outin and its done.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top