Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2002 12:52:45 PM EDT
Do you have goals?  I know someone, well actually a few people, who don't.  They just exist.

My goals:

To provide for my kids as best as I can.  Send them to college, instill good moral values in them, raise them to appreciate the constitution and guns.  Be a role model for them.

Take care of my parents as they age.

Be a good husband.

Eventually have a home where I can live out the rest of my days shooting, hunting, handloading and reading.

How about you?

Balming
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 1:00:52 PM EDT
[#1]
My goals?

"I'd hit it" as much as I can...
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 1:13:23 PM EDT
[#2]
1)buy a house
2)find a good woman
3)buy more guns
4)build AC Cobra replica with fuel injected small block with twin turbos....[:D]
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:36:14 PM EDT
[#3]
siennfein

Love the username.

The Brits need to get the fuck out of Ireland!

Balming
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 3:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do you have goals?  I know someone, well actually a few people, who don't.  They just exist.

My goals:

To provide for my kids as best as I can.  Send them to college, instill good moral values in them, raise them to appreciate the constitution and guns.  Be a role model for them.

Take care of my parents as they age.

Be a good husband.

Eventually have a home where I can live out the rest of my days shooting, hunting, handloading and reading.

How about you?

Balming
View Quote

The first 2 are responsibilities. The second 2 are goals.

Mine are:

My short term goal is to become debt free within 12 months. (except Mortgage)

Get a second place within 3 years that is either a lake place or mountain place.

Long term is to retire early and enjoy all my stuff.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
siennfein

Love the username.

Balming
View Quote

terrorists

my goals: become debt free, buy house, stockpile food guns and ammo, find live in poon (wife), produce 10+ kids

Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:50:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Goals? I couldn't exist without them.

Right now, my biggest goal is to finish transforming our 100 y.o. church building into the largest single-family dwelling in the county. That is going to take almost all of 2003.

Once we are done with that, we'll be debt free and own a $400K showpiece home. Then I suppose she'll be ready to start working on cooking up a kid. I suppose that I will be ready then too, but I don't really consider that a goal since I'm really not into kids all that much.

I'm sort of getting sucked into running for city council where I live, but I wouldn't call that a goal per se. I suppose that if I commit, winning the election would be a goal.

I am really itching to launch back out on my own again businesswise.

Maybe write a book or two in the long long term.

Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to own my own country.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 4:55:44 AM EDT
[#8]
goals:
start my own biz
buy a house
get sluts
and help others more

I guess im in a state of superpositon, when I think about goals I feel selfish.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]
I'm not really goal oriented anymore.

Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:27:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:37:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Goals;
1. Stop wetting the bed.
2. Move out of parents basement.
3. Get that promotion to fry cook.
4. Learn to tie my own shoes.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:39:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Make it to Tax Refund time without any attemps at foreclosure on my home.

Eventually sell this place and move to the "country" somewhere and be more self-reliant and debt free.

Lose 30 pounds...

Get off psychotropic meds...
[whacko]
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:39:29 AM EDT
[#13]
I used to NOT set goals, even in my sales jobs.  I sort of drifted from day to day, moment to moment.  But recently I've started setting small goals.  

Earlier this year I decided, after my 5th job in 2 years, to go back to school at the age of 36.  I did my research and decided on Radiological Technology (X-ray tech) as a career due to hot job market and decent wages.

My first goal was to take an Anatomy and Physiology class at a local community college in prep for the Rad Tech program.  After being out of college for 13 years it was scary, but I bit down and did it.

My second goal was to get a "B" in the class.  I studied my ass off and spent a lot of time at home studying when I normally spend it with my wife.  Luckily she was very supportive.

The result?  I got the highest grade in the class and got an "A" overall - woo hoo!

My next goal is to get into the Rad Tech program - I've got two programs I'm applying for and will know in April - until then, it is back to A&P II in January and my goal is another "A".

If all works out well, in 2.5 years I'll have a new career and can move anywhere in the country and be guaranteed a job.  My wife's goal is to move back to the Tampa area, so hopefully in 3 years we'll be doing that.
Link Posted: 12/16/2002 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Now see? There's another goal.

My goal is to see that they [u]don't[/u].

Eric The(Orange)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#15]
I got to thinkin last night...

I got to thinkin that just kind of meandering forward without setting any goals is unsatisfactory, so I told my wife to think of some goals, and we're gonna have a talk about them and set some family goals this week.

Thanks for this thought provoking thread Balming.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#16]
1.) Win Lottery
2.) Buy my own Mini-Gun
3.) Retire happy and young
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:50:57 PM EDT
[#17]
and Paul Revere was a terrorist
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 6:58:44 PM EDT
[#18]
personal:
1) get out of a mundain engineering job to where i can think again and again be excited to invent.
material:
1)rebuild 429CJ
2)find a home I can apply time to.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 7:12:40 PM EDT
[#19]
whats the cobra jet in boom?

guess it is terrorist-like to go against government that refuses its citizens to bare arms.
Link Posted: 12/17/2002 10:58:06 PM EDT
[#20]
I want to be the sole master of time space and dimension.

Then I want to go to Europe.

Actually I'm a drifter.  Drives the wife batty because she is a type-A+ driven woman.  She is always wanting to set goals.  I have a hard enough time figuring out what's for dinner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top