Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/15/2002 8:30:11 AM EDT
I've just started reading Stephen Hunter novels during my treadmill time. First of all Bob Lee Swagger, ex Marine sniper, is a total badass! OK with that aside which is he best of that series of books?  I've already read Black Light and Point of Impact.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 8:55:14 AM EDT
[#1]
I prefer Dirty White boys, followed by Hot Springs and Pale Horse Coming.  One of his old ones the Day Before Midnight is very good also.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Time to Hunt, followed by Hot Springs.
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 1:11:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I have only read Point of Impact, but Bob Lee is my hero.

Who should play Bob Lee in a movie? A few years ago, I would have said Clint Eastwood. Patrick Swaze, Mel Gibson, or Michael Biehn?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 1:24:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Who should play Bob Lee in a movie?

No doubt about it.  Me.

Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Stephen Hunter?

I would love to chime in with you guys here, but I find Hunter books rather unreadable. His writing skills,um ..... are not quite up to par for me. I tried hard to get into one a friend lent me, but it was soooo poorly written. Ack.

Ah well, to each his own.

Its funny, I got to spend a week shooting next to him on the line at Blackwater Lodge at the precision rifle class a few years ago. Quiet guy, well mannered, just ever so slightly full of himself. Funny seeing him driving his Mercedes out to the firing line on the rock paved roads. Lots of guys were busy being impressed and getting his autograph. Friend of mine flipped when I told him he shot next to me all week.

Just my .02 cents. FWIW

Dram
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:40:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Stephen Hunter?

I would love to chime in with you guys here, but I find Hunter books rather unreadable. His writing skills,um ..... are not quite up to par for me. I tried hard to get into one a friend lent me, but it was soooo poorly written. Ack.

Ah well, to each his own.

Its funny, I got to spend a week shooting next to him on the line at Blackwater Lodge at the precision rifle class a few years ago. Quiet guy, well mannered, just ever so slightly full of himself. Funny seeing him driving his Mercedes out to the firing line on the rock paved roads. Lots of guys were busy being impressed and getting his autograph. Friend of mine flipped when I told him he shot next to me all week.

Just my .02 cents. FWIW

Dram
View Quote

If you find his work so poorly written, what do you prefer ?
Link Posted: 12/15/2002 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top