Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2001 5:19:13 AM EDT
If [B]ANYONE[/B] should doubt the intentions of the "gun control" groups, take notice:

[url]http://www.vpc.org/press/9905snip.htm[/url]

THIS is THEIR agenda!

[B]THEY[/B] want [B]YOUR[/B] bolt action too!

Link Posted: 4/16/2001 6:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#2]
I just sent a mail to them:
"I read the press release about the "sniper rifles" to the civilian.

What are you talking about?

A normal sniper rifle is able to engage a taget IN PARTICULAR condition within 900 meters.
Normally the shooting is made within 300-400 meters.
2000 meters is a little too much for a generic approach like the one you reported and is good only for people that knows very little about firearms.
Is it like the HCI assertion that a semiauto "assault weapon" will empty a 30 round mag in 6 second. It is techincally impossible for a semiauto.
In the Alps, hunting for mountain goats are made (with the appropriate cartridge) with one shot only from a distance ranging from 150 up to 300 meters. So what's the difference with sniper rifles?
In the bench rest discipline, the shooter shoot a target far 300 meters. The national champion in my country pratically made one hole in the bull of the target. What the difference with a sniper rifle?
I am sure you will have the patience/will to answer, but just in case, your answer will be welcomed

regards
"
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
disgusting!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:36:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I believe 2000yds would be an "area" target not a "pin point" target.  Anyway, these dumbasses didn't bother to do a damn bit of research to determine the use the illegal use of "sniper rifles" in America.  I bet they would find there have been more wrongfull deaths by SWAT than by civilians...and who possesses the vast majority of bolt action ("precision")rifles?... civillians.  Why don't people educate themselves about issues they claim to be concerned with?  BTW, I couldn't find an email link on that site for the author of the article, Bill McGeveran.  Did anyone find it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:43:08 AM EDT
[#5]
aren't they talking about 50bmg's
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:43:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Just an example of the media attempting to manipulate public opinion. The vast majority of the uninformed public would read this and believe it. We need MUCH better public relations. We need to turn this trend around or we will lose it all!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:50:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Bill McGeveran:
[email protected]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:11:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If [B]ANYONE[/B] should doubt the intentions of the "gun control" groups, take notice:
[url]http://www.vpc.org/press/9905snip.htm[/url]
THIS is THEIR agenda!
[B]THEY[/B] want [B]YOUR[/B] bolt action too!
View Quote

The gun was developed by civilians for civilian
longrange shooters. It was adopted by the
military.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:12:26 AM EDT
[#9]
They will never stop. They've had varying success with AW bans, one gun a month, registration, etc., so now they're going after the next class of weapons. The bolt guys did not pay heed to what people like ourselves were saying. I mean, they would never ban my hunting rifle, right? Well, they will. The anti agenda is clear -- a total ban on all firearms. They will nickle and and dime us to the point it's just not worth owning a gun.

And they don't need to ban possession to do it. All they have to do is get rid of home dealers and then legislate the hell out of the remaining store front dealers to the point where it isn't viable to run a gun store. There it is, a de facto ban. No one will sell you a gun.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:24:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
"I read the press release about the "sniper rifles" to the civilian./quote]
I want to reply to the article but can't find
the link. How did you do it?
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:35:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
"I read the press release about the "sniper rifles" to the civilian./quote]
I want to reply to the article but can't find
the link. How did you do it?
View Quote

www.vpc.org

in the homepage there is (on the left side) a series of boxes contoured in red. The last one is "Contact us". Write them, but don't count on a personal answer. The only personal answer (posts on www.ar15.com apart...) I got on the RKBA subjects was by NRA... and people still think NRA are fascists... ANTIGUN PEOPLE ARE FASCISTS!!!

By the way... did you hear what U2 did during one of their last concerts? I liked their music very much, but I am going to sell my U2 CD... by the way, in their internet site there is no mail... it sounds so much HCI style...
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:39:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:15:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
By the way... did you hear what U2 did during one of their last concerts? I liked their music very much, but I am going to sell my U2 CD... by the way, in their internet site there is no mail... it sounds so much HCI style...
View Quote

Sure didn't... What'd they do?

-Gloftoe
[beer]
View Quote

go to www.u2.com and read the news section about Charlton Heston (you can find also on www.cnn.com)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top