Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/11/2002 7:38:31 AM EDT
[url]http://www.cnn.com/2002/US/Northeast/12/11/marijuana.gift.ap/index.html[/url]

HOLYOKE, Massachusetts (AP) -- The Department of Social Services is looking into a possible case of child abuse after a 4-year-old girl brought her teacher a small bag of marijuana as a gift.

When Head Start Early Childhood Center teacher Iris Galvez asked where she got the gift Monday, the girl said she got it "from her mommy," according to a police report obtained by the Union-News of Springfield.

The girl's mother, Shelin Colon, 32, said she doesn't have any drugs in the house and doesn't know where the girl might have gotten the marijuana, police said.

No charges have been filed.

A report of suspected child abuse or neglect has been filed with Social Services, a department spokesman said.

Suzanne L. Parker, deputy director of the area Head Start program, declined to comment.

Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:16:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Awww, how sweet.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:19:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:21:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 8:23:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:43:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sure there are tons of teachers out their who would have used that "gift" after class.  Grading papers can be stressfull.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 9:58:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The girl's mother, Shelin Colon, 32, said she doesn't have any drugs in the house and doesn't know where the girl might have gotten the marijuana, police said.
View Quote

What a shitty last name.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:02:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Holyoke is a nasty hole.   Liberal as all get out and loaded with illegal immigrants.  Holyoke voted en-masse just about for that wench from hell Shannon O'Brien in the recent elections, thank God that bitch didn't get elected to the governor's office.

Doesn't surprise me at all.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#8]
The real question is:

What is the teachers union doing to prevent this type of incident from happening in the future?
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:15:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What a shitty last name.
View Quote
No SHIT! you beat me to it Chim.! The only thing worse I could think of would be Mrs Sphincter.[shock]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:24:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:28:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The real question is:

What is the teachers union doing to prevent this type of incident from happening in the future?
View Quote

Make management deal with it.
View Quote

Of course they'll need more money.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What a shitty last name.
View Quote
No SHIT! you beat me to it Chim.! The only thing worse I could think of would be Mrs Sphincter.[shock]
View Quote

Ms. Shelin Dirt-Starfish.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 11:09:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

What a shitty last name.
View Quote

I did know a guy from Puerto Rico one time that spelled his last name the same way, but it was pronounced "cologne".  
At any rate, I suspect our tax dollars are subsidising a good number of persons in that kid's neighborhood.  
We'd better ban gifts to teachers "for the sake of the children", right? [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top