Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/10/2002 7:15:41 PM EDT
Did anybody watch the Daily Show last night on Comedy Central?  The guest was..... drum roll..... Algore.  That's right, everybody's favorite EX-vice president was on shilling his new books and his political platform from the 2000 election.  This idiot was actually trying to say that the tax cuts only benefited the wealthy, and tried to blame Bush for the economy.  What a douche.

Comments, thoughts, flames?
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:17:27 PM EDT
[#1]
You know, I know John Stewart is supposed to be a liberal, but I find him absolutely hilarious. Unfortunately I missed last night's.

Navy ROTC Guy
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:33:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Stewart is more libertarian than liberal. His show is usually very funny, but Gore is so dull, the show was painfull to watch.

He is clearly campaigning for president already.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I think Stewart is pretty liberal. He really fawns over liberal guests yet takes shots at conservative ones.  Damn funny show though.  I love Stephen Colbert.  He is frickin hilarious.

Anybody remember his "Gaydar" segment.  That was truly funny.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:07:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
This idiot was actually trying to say that the tax cuts only benefited the wealthy...
View Quote

Al's right. The poor don't pay ANY taxes, so the cuts are only going to help the ones carrying the load up hill, in the rain, with 60 million parasites hanging off of their ass.
In Al's world, anyone rich is a household who's income is over 24,000 clams a year.
The truely rich are rarely effected since the bulk of their money isn't in the US, or is in some sort of company tax shelter.
In other words, the middle class (most of us) gets Big Jim, and the hairy twins. *sigh*
I would of joined the Taliban if he was President... Since my state would of been renamed New Tijuana.
-Steve
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:09:54 PM EDT
[#6]
gonna watch it right now
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:27:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Steven Colbert is down right hysterical. His non-chalant humor is awesome.

Did you ever see the segment they did (I think it was their new guy) about the "Gaying of America"?

Navy ROTC Guy
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#8]
That show is great.  It definitely has a slant to the left, but I think they do a pretty good job of going after everyone.  The interviews they do are hilarious.  Luis Black's segments are my favorite.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top