Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2002 3:30:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 3:55:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:00:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:02:30 PM EDT
[#3]
OoOOOooOHhHHH !!!!!....real COLT mags !!!!!! AND WITH A GREEN FOLLOWER !!!!! [:O]
I think I just may move to NY just so I can pay extra for a genuine colt mag !!!
We poor desert rats are only able to buy plain old NIW USGI mags for half that price.....I feel so dirty.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Doesn't advertising belong in the EE?
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:12:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:18:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 4:34:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Doesn't advertising belong in the EE?
View Quote

post without posting
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This isn't advertising as they are not for sale at this time.  This is an announcement for those planning on attending.
View Quote

So, when I get an ad from Macy's on November 19th advertising their Thanksgiving Day sale it's an announcement, not advertising? Hmm... That's a new one.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Hiram
Is that Maadi still around? That's all I can afford after having to get a new furnace. Heat from our backup coal stove till Saturday.
Gerry
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 5:56:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Hey Hiram, I think you guys should order some lowers.  I personally know that Hoplite is buying a bunch and I need a couple for my family and myself.  Between two of us, that'd atleast be 6.  I'm sure others would buy also!  

How about it?
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 6:03:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:27:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Hiram, sounds like a good in store deal. Have enough mags (or so the wife says [:)]) but seriously interested in another SAR1. Anything further by way of 'in store/Team member' purchasing. Thanks in advance, and can't wait to see everyone again!
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:41:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Gerry, I'd tell you that it is still around but some folks might accuse me of advertising. [red] The EE is not the forum used to help organize gatherings, the General Discussion forum is.[/red]  I am announcing a special we are going to run in the shop for those who attend.  I think the EE is more appropriate for general sale items.  Anyway, if you're not interested kindly move along.  Clearly Wave, who is staff and is in charge of making sure the board runs efficiently, has no problem with this posting here.

Once again, if this does not interest you nobody is forcing you to read this post.  Have a good evening all.
View Quote

Then whats the "meetings and events" forum for ?
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 7:59:42 PM EDT
[#16]
The general board gets a lot more eyes, so obviously if you have something to sell (I don't) it would be tempting to advertise here.

I was just wondering if it was allowed, that's all. With all the spam floating around these days, it's refreshing to find a discussion group where no one tries to sell you anything.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:20:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:30:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
God I love this guy...  I sure hope you can make it NY for one of our gatherings beekeeper... first stein of meade is on me.
View Quote

He's a level headed SOB ain't he? Much more so that I am.

Now, why don't you guy's get off HRs back. Before thebeekeeper really gets pissed and starts unleashing a hail of bannings and locked threads. You don't want to see this guy when he goes off the hook.....

[;)]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:27:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The general board gets a lot more eyes, so obviously if you have something to sell (I don't) it would be tempting to advertise here.

I was just wondering if it was allowed, that's all. With all the spam floating around these days, it's refreshing to find a discussion group where no one tries to sell you anything.
View Quote

Selling is not allowed here--that's what the EE is for.  [b]Some[/b] special exceptions are made for the paid advertisers--but mostly in the technical forums and GFD.  This particular thread is not a direct offer to sell, merely an incentive to attend the upcoming get-together.  It certainly is in keeping with the spirit of ARFCOM, which will be understood by anyone who has attended any kind of gathering or shoot held by the Membership.  Spectre, the M&E Forum is a place to maintain specific meeting dates and descriptions of upcoming events.  This forum (GD) is often used to draw attention to the various events found in the M&E.  Some of this has not been made public, but it is part of a "policy" determined by GoatBoy and Staff.  Please keep in mind that the sponsors and advertisers found on this site, as well as the Team Members, pay the freight and allow this place to exist.  The Avilas make it all possible, and much of the cost is born by advertisers.  This place does not just "exist" in cyberspace--it costs many thousands of dollars per month.  Anything that keeps it here is worthwhile, eh?  Also, anything that benefits the Membership is a good thing.  Perhaps not to every single Member, but we can all choose to participate, or just gripe, as we see fit.  [:)]
View Quote

The costs associated with running a web site are well known. But thanks for answering my question regarding ar15.com policy.
Link Posted: 12/10/2002 9:56:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
God I love this guy...  I sure hope you can make it NY for one of our gatherings beekeeper... first stein of meade is on me.
View Quote

He's a level headed SOB ain't he? Much more so that I am.

Now, why don't you guy's get off HRs back. Before thebeekeeper really gets pissed and starts unleashing a hail of bannings and locked threads. You don't want to see this guy when he goes off the hook.....

[;)]
View Quote

LOL, Suh you are eeeevul!

I have to give the beekeeper credit, he has much more patience than me and a much thicker skin.  Its not easy being a GD mod, I'm just grateful to have a nice quiet, catatonic forum to mod.  A lot of people really enjoy this board because the antics are kept in check.  Sometimes we might think they are overzealous, but they have judgement calls to make on the fly and like all the rest of us here, they are human..
View Quote

Are you implying my question was improper in some way? That I am trying the patience of the moderators and staff by asking a policy question? Why would you lose patience with a member asking a policy question? Do you feel you have the right to dictate the questions people ask? Perhaps you feel guilty for selling $30 mags for $40 and then acting like you are doing people a favor because you lowered the price from $50?
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:34:40 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Gerry, I'd tell you that it is still around but some folks might accuse me of advertising.  The EE is not the forum used to help organize gatherings, the General Discussion forum is.  I am announcing a special we are going to run in the shop for those who attend.  I think the EE is more appropriate for general sale items.  Anyway, if you're not interested kindly move along.  Clearly Wave, who is staff and is in charge of making sure the board runs efficiently, has no problem with this posting here.

Once again, if this does not interest you nobody is forcing you to read this post.  Have a good evening all.
View Quote

Hiram I thought you would know I was only having some fun. Like spending $3,000 15 days before Xmas is fun. If I wanted the Maadi I'd call Brian. I realize your come back was because of the other responses. Sorry if I offended anyone.
Glad to see Peace on Earth Good will to Man is still alive.
On a lighter note the carbine is ON THE WAY!!.
Gerry
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:39:09 AM EDT
[#26]
ahhh yes, the golden rule. "he who has the gold makes (and breaks) the rules.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:43:26 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:38:27 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 2:46:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 3:26:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
ahhh yes, the golden rule. "he who has the gold makes (and breaks) the rules.
View Quote

SPECTRE, no rules were broken.  If you are so unhappy here that all you can see fit to do is bitch and complain, please start your own forum board and make whatever damned rules [b]YOU[/b] see fit.  It pains me to see you so miserable. [:(!]
View Quote

Miserable ?? LOL...Where do you come up with that ?
Get a life mod boy. [>(] [>(] [>(]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:43:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
So once again provide this magic source of NIW Colt preban 30 rounders for $30 or kindly end your criticisms, and please make sure whomever is selling them has at least 100 of them available.
View Quote

Twice this year at the Big Reno Show, in Reno, NV. If they weren't illegal to import into my state I would have bought them all. $29.

I don't know how many he had, but I saw at least 30 on his table.
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 6:51:44 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/11/2002 7:47:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
OK, so at one show you saw them for $29 and that is an awesome price!  Had we had access to them they would have all been purchased.  Now, do you have somebody on-line or SGN or in the EE where we can find them for $30 NIW?
View Quote

I have no idea. I don't actively look for them anymore as I can't buy them. The last time I saw Colt mags on the web was when I was browsing for an upper and I think the joker wanted over $50, which to me sounded high.

Here's a link.
[url]www.impactguns.com/store/colt.html[/url]

But when I see them at shows, they are anywhere between $30 and $35, with $29 at one table the last couple of times I went to the show to drool.

Oh, they had green followers too, but that just adds a buck or two to the price from what I have seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top